Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

So after all is said and done and break down in communication, rydes left with only two months to prepare and make the track and surrounds up to a "state title" condition it's pretty poor I think.

Last edited by shannon83; 06-13-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Auto correct
Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shannon83
So after all is said and done and break down on communication, rydes left with only two months to prepare and make the track and surrounds up to a "state title" condition it's pretty poor I think.
I have every confidence that they will be able to do that no problem. Especially as the Ryde round of the Club Series is on August 26th. What I anticipated happening was that it would be in top nic for the CS round, and then only minor maintenance would be needed after that for the States.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Lol, i knew could count on a formal and very well explained reply from you Daniel ;-)
But im sure your hat would grow legs and run off of its own accord before you got to sink your teeth in!!! Did someone mention 'manky hat'? Or was that just me??? Haha
In short: I'll have to wait for the date to be confirmed before i am able to confirm my attendance and take my chances with what leave is available to me at the time...
For anyone planning the opposite trip, the Victorian EP10 off roads states are locked in and confirmed for the Keilor track in Melbourne on the 1st to the 4th of November.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yep, spot on Daniel.
Thanks for the info too.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Correct procedure is that a club applies to run a meeting by July 1st in the preceding year with their preferred date within the traditional window, or asks for special consideration to move it to another date. AARCMCC then selects the host and confirms the date.

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has submitted their event application form before the cut off date in the last 10 years, AARCMCC have been remiss in chasing these up, and been slow in confirming applications when they have been submitted. This has been less of an issue for NSW EP Offroad because the clubs rotate through a roster, so we always know whose turn it is next year. But there is another problem...

The traditional dates given in the calendar are vague at best. In the case of the NSW States it says "Mid September." (I've recently written to AARCMCC urging that we select dates that give the specific weekend of a month for the traditional date.)

The result has been that calendar dates have sometimes been released before applications to host the events have been made, or not released at all.

To play detective for a moment: In this case it appears that the date has been released by AARCMCC before the application has been made according to the best match for the traditional date. I would guess that Ryde were not actually aware of this (as it was released some time ago), and have requested a date they felt was within the window with their application. The AARCMCC EP Section Head is dealing with illness in his family at the moment and so has probably been slow in responding to this. Hence we have the club thinking the date will probably be the one they requested, and others who have seen the previous release thinking something else.

Further I would posit that Ryde were unaware of the revised NSW IC OFR date as it wasn't released along with the original IC OFR calendar, but later after they had to move from the 14th to the 16th because of the previously publicised EP OFR States which hold that date traditionally.

In short it's not a secret. It's just that things haven't been formally confirmed between Ryde and AARCMCC.
Thanks for speaking for us Daniel, you're almost right. One we chose the end of the month to give us enough time between CS and States to allow a weekend of maintenance and some practice meets. Two, you are right nobody ever told us about the IC Nats. Three, we were told (and it is also in the rules) that the application had to be 6 months in advance. Three, when we were ready to make our application (6 months in advance), we were told we had to move the track further away from the driver's stand and fix up blind spots, which we weren't sure we could do satisfactorily without a major rebuild. So once the rebuild was completed we submitted our application, a month ago. Michael Toms received it today and needs to inspect the track before approving it.

Obviously if we knew the IC Nats were on the same weekend we wouldn't have chosen it.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nckmat
Thanks for speaking for us Daniel, you're almost right.

Obviously if we knew the IC Nats were on the same weekend we wouldn't have chosen it.
Didn't mean to speak for you. I deliberately prefaced everything by saying that was what I was guessing had occurred.

I'm more up on when the IC NSW States, and other IC events are I guess because our club does both. This is both a blessing and a huge headache.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shannon83
So after all is said and done and break down in communication, rydes left with only two months to prepare and make the track and surrounds up to a "state title" condition it's pretty poor I think.
There's not really a lot to do Shannon and we have known that we would most likely have the State Titles for a while now, just nothing confirmed, which shouldn't stop us getting the track up to AARCMCC standards.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nick and Shane YG Email
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Saturday isnt looking good!

Which sucks because my Hobbywing combo just arrived

Last edited by Cloaked; 06-15-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

slightly off topic. does anyone know of where the short course racing is in south east queensland around brisbane as brother is thinking of getting in to it. I have looked and can only see buggy 2wd and 4wd but no short course.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by prontozuk
slightly off topic. does anyone know of where the short course racing is in south east queensland around brisbane as brother is thinking of getting in to it. I have looked and can only see buggy 2wd and 4wd but no short course.
I know they race SC at Lismore. Is that close enough for you? I would think that the Ipswich club would support SC as well though. Ask on the Chargers thread.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think they would as the national 2wd and 4wd champion is from that club
Old 06-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by prontozuk
There's also indoor at Gold Coast which is supposed to be pretty cool.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know about the rest of Sydney but right now in Ryde it is WET and the rain band on the radar stretches out to Bathurst. So unless somebody can tell me the track has a cover on that just appeared last night ...

RACING IS OFF TODAY!

Looking at the forecast though, next week looks good.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just got track star turnigy and cant work out how to put it on blinky mode any idea's??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.