Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
The current batch were bought by Jenny about 5 years ago and cost the club about $1000 and after 5 years only about a dozen were sold at $15 each. So we won't be making that mistake again. There are enough things to do at the moment and throwing away money is not a high priority. We will have new t-shirts available by the time the State titles start but if you need something warm grab one of the remaining polar fleeces in the canteen or wear a jumper from home.
Originally Posted by Roman
Seriously Chris don't say another word.

Thanks nick. That's the response we needed. Not Romans stupid one assuming someone else would source them.

For goad sake Roman. Grow up
Try and censor me. On a public forum. Just try it.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

And for f@#k sake Roman. Your a bit touchy lately.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w00kie
And for f@#k sake Roman. Your a bit touchy lately.
Tell it to my face Chris , don't resort to swearing at me on a public forum.
I have reasons for being touchy.
One reason is the way you and Mad Dog are talking to the Ryde committee on this public forum.
The other is my personal issues with my actual paid work/job.

Don't forget the committee are all volunteers and we are regular RC enthusiasts and club members just like everyone else.
We try our best to keep the club going, so don't make things harder for everyone with your demands.

If you have an issue or suggestion then why don't you e-mail one of the committee, don't complain on a public forum.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks nick. That's the response we needed. Not Romans stupid one assuming someone else would source them.

For goad sake Roman. Grow up
Try and censor me. On a public forum. Just try it.
I don't think my response was stupid.

Chris want's to have club jumpers ordered so I merely asked if he could have a look to see what he can find, I have been looking as well, along with doing other things for the club.

Today I have to go to Bunnings to buy a new BBQ for the club and buy some food for tomorrows' BBQ, then I have to deliver the new one to Ryde and take the old one to the garbage tip, hopefully I can actually get some practice with my buggy while I'm there if I don't run out of time.
I don't live local so this adds to the time taken.

I think you are the one who needs to grow up and stop being unreasonable.

Why don't you help out instead of complaining ?

I would appreciate any help I can get.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
I don't think my response was stupid.

Chris want's to have club jumpers ordered so I merely asked if he could have a look to see what he can find, I have been looking as well, along with doing other things for the club.

Today I have to go to Bunnings to buy a new BBQ for the club and buy some food for tomorrows' BBQ, then I have to deliver the new one to Ryde and take the old one to the garbage tip, hopefully I can actually get some practice with my buggy while I'm there if I don't run out of time.
I don't live local so this adds to the time taken.

I think you are the one who needs to grow up and stop being unreasonable.

Why don't you help out instead of complaining ?

I would appreciate any help I can get.
I think chris may of taken what you said the wrong way but when you explain it like you just have it doesn't sound that bad . I can look around but there still is no point if there is no money and we don't know who would be interested . It may even be easier if we did our own but then there goes your unity . (30-40 different colored and design jumpers) .
F.y.I I am working today , tomorrow and Monday so that will be 12 days straight from 5.30am to 6.00pm . So no racing or practice for me until late July
Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jumpers COST us about $20-30 each and that is based on a minimum 20 units of each size and we have to buy at least 4 sizes so that equals $1,600 - 2,400 up front, we would need a gp of $20 - 30 to break even at 40 units and the idea, as with any club, is not to break even but to make profit to pay for facilities and maintenance. So unless you can guarantee in excess of 40 purchases, which, with a membership of about 70, would would be extremely unlikely, it just does not add up.

T-shirts on the other hand can cost as little as $6 each and based on the same quantities would require an up front outlay of $480, still not an insignificant amount and would still require the sale of 48 units at a gp of $4 to break even, but given that these are going to be a new design and more comfortable and practical than the last lot, this is an entirely plausible outcome.

Now there seems to be a misunderstanding by a very minor group within this club about what the responsibilities of a committee are, so let's set this straight. A committee of an incorporated association is elected to represent the interests of the members and to ensure that the association is run in a responsible manner both fiscally and administratively. They are not elected to "do everything", whilst there are tasks that must be undertaken by committee members, such as authorising payments, leases, insurance and large purchases all other tasks can be undertaken by any member of the club. So, for instance, if you think that the club should purchase a new piece of equipment or uniforms or even a different type of food in the canteen, then you should approach the committee with your idea, research the costs and procedures that need to be undertaken and present it to the committee for authorisation. Getting on a public forum and saying you want something and the committee should sort it out for you will achieve nothing but antagonism.

The committee does not give up their time just to make sure any single individual is happy, there are 70 members in this club most of whom help out when they can and make sensible suggestions in a civil manner, whose wants and needs have to be taken into account. So if I were to put to the club that we should purchase 80 jumpers so that 4 people can have one instead of laying AstroTurf in the infield areas of the track what sort of reaction do you think that would get from the other 66 members?

If you missed out on getting a jumper when we had them then so be it, I missed out on getting one of the t-shirts myself, big deal, there are bigger issues in life than that.

Last edited by nckmat; 06-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

I understand what you are saying nick when you explain it . But I still think things need to be brought up at a meeting and voted on . Now theres talk of astro turf for the infield ? didn't we throw out a s*út load at the last track upgrade
Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Nick a better answer to my question from a year ago should have been no we will not be getting anymore jumpers . Not wait till we do the next order .
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The reason you a elect a committee is so that every minor issue isn't voted on by the entire club because that would be completely unworkable.

If you want to vote on every decision that needs to be made by the club then you should have nominated yourself for a committee position, it's not like we didn't ask at the beginning of the year for people to volunteer.

As for the AstroTurf, I don't recall "we" had anything to do with it, I know a number of people such as John and Peter and Roman and Yung threw out out a lot of rubbish earlier this year, including some useless decayed AstroTurf that had been lying around the place for 5 or 6 years. But as has been discussed at all the working bees over the past 2 years,one of the goals for the track has always been to have AstroTurf in the infield areas similar to St Ives to minimise gravel and help define the track, this is no great surprise.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Myself and a couple of mates went out for a run with our SCTE's and Slash earlier today and tracks in really good condition considering the rain/weather we had earlier in the week.
We would have liked to try racing out tomorrow but have things on
Old 06-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

You miss the point nick . It's just annoying when some things are changed without anyone agreeing on the change . How would you like it if you came back to work and found your desk in the middle of the street and your boss didnt tell you because he thought it was a minor issue . You would be pissed . Any way in the big picture the answer is no to a new order . Fine it may be easier if I do my own logo and colour scheem anyway. (Joke If you didn't get it like the astro turf one) . Any way I am bored of this topic now so I will stop talking about it . And good luck to everyone racing tomorrow
Old 06-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Roman. I am sorry for my words. But I did take what you said as a smart ass response to someone asking for jumpers.

If I offended you I am sorry.
As for the track it is in a perfect condition for racing.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Spent 4 battery packs practicing today (yep still suck, sorry to all the buggies I hit) but track is great! Racing line has heaps of traction but once your off it, it's so loose!

Going to make for some great racing.

Cya all tomorrow!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just had a look at the meeting for tomorrow, 1 other guy in novice haha so no matter what we both get a podium
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Roman. I am sorry for my words. But I did take what you said as a smart ass response to someone asking for jumpers.

If I offended you I am sorry.
As for the track it is in a perfect condition for racing.
Thanks Chris, I appreciate it.

I am also sorry for being too touchy with my replies.

Sorry for my comment at the track today, I was too stressed, I hope you didn't leave because of me.

I agree, the track surface and the amount of moisture in it is almost perfect, the grip level is amazing.

I hope you enjoy racing in 2wd modified, it's a great class, especially racing with drivers like Sean Chapple, Justin Snape and the Kung Fu Panda (Brendan Neal).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.