Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost rider
Hey guys
I am thinking of coming to ryde Besides holeshots what works for 2wd.
thanks.
Judging by that video above I'm going to say studs.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For those running spektrum, if you ever experience glitching change the transmitter batteries ASAP.

I've had occasional, mostly subtle glitches for a while now but it occasionally got more scary. Tonight it got to the point where the throttle would jam on for a second or two. Some kinda hectic moments in onroad tonight..

Couldnt figure it out but after askng around turns out plenty have had this problem with spektrum. The fix is new transmitter batteries. Even tho the LCD suggested batteries were ok, a new set saw to the end of problems.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
The current batch were bought by Jenny about 5 years ago and cost the club about $1000 and after 5 years only about a dozen were sold at $15 each. So we won't be making that mistake again. There are enough things to do at the moment and throwing away money is not a high priority. We will have new t-shirts available by the time the State titles start but if you need something warm grab one of the remaining polar fleeces in the canteen or wear a jumper from home.

Wow 15 is amazingly cheap, did the club subsidise?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperRC
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
nice work sam. That camera is awesome. you should mount it during one of your heats on sunday.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
For those running spektrum, if you ever experience glitching change the transmitter batteries ASAP.

I've had occasional, mostly subtle glitches for a while now but it occasionally got more scary. Tonight it got to the point where the throttle would jam on for a second or two. Some kinda hectic moments in onroad tonight..

Couldnt figure it out but after askng around turns out plenty have had this problem with spektrum. The fix is new transmitter batteries. Even tho the LCD suggested batteries were ok, a new set saw to the end of problems.
I had a spektrum module with my ko radio and it glitched quite badly at some tracks, i bought ko 2.4 system and it was faster and no issues, but now have a futaba 4pks and its a great radio,
Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperRC
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Good to meet you yesterday Sam.

BTW, Anyone going to the track today for practice?

Ill be there from about 10am.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
Wow 15 is amazingly cheap, did the club subsidise?
If you want to call a $700 loss a subsidy.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you want to call a $700 loss a subsidy.
A loss to some , is a gain for others,
if you get my drift
Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by juzza99
I had a spektrum module with my ko radio and it glitched quite badly at some tracks, i bought ko 2.4 system and it was faster and no issues, but now have a futaba 4pks and its a great radio,
+1 Futaba radios may not be the "cool" ones to own but you never hear about them glitching; the two times I thought mine was glitching turned out to be other issues (Savox servo / broken rx aerial). I don't understand why Spektrum users put up with the hassles.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

There are polar fleece jumpers in the canteen if you want one. They have been there for five years so take what you want.
I have been told on a Couple of occasions that there are no more xl jumpers and to wait for the next lot to be ordered ? So if you can go and have another look that would be appreciated thanks .
Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Roman
There is one with your name on it in the canteen.

If you can source some jumpers for us that would be great.

Royal blue with white logo "Sydney RCCC" on front and the website address on the back in white. "www.sydneyrc.com"

I'll send the logo to you.

Thanks Chris.
Try to get a good price if you can.
Cheers.
Sorry mate I would love to do this for the club but nick is saying no as there is no money to do it and I am not part of the comity .
Old 06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

The current batch were bought by Jenny about 5 years ago and cost the club about $1000 and after 5 years only about a dozen were sold at $15 each. So we won't be making that mistake again. There are enough things to do at the moment and throwing away money is not a high priority. We will have new t-shirts available by the time the State titles start but if you need something warm grab one of the remaining polar fleeces in the canteen or wear a jumper from home.
Sorry nick I am a bit confused can you clear some issues up for me .
*you say that you are not going to get any more new jumpers but then go on about getting new shirts before state titles ???? Are these shirts new ones or are club members ment to where children's sized shirt left over from last order . There would be some funny looking bloke in a ryde pryde boob tube . In my opinion we should try and look as professional a club as we can . Maybe someone can talk to other clubs like St Ives or castle hill about how to get around the clothing issue as they allways look great in there team colours . All the time
* the only way to get rid of the old jumpers is to let people know they are there not hold on to them for 5 years . Since I ask for a order to be put in how many people have asked for one ? I can think of probley 4 people that wanted one.
Yet again if we have a vote by all club members we might find out what the club members want ... So if someone reading this wants a jumper that fit please put a +1 and maybe we can get a order in .
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

+1 I would love a Ryde jumper as well chris
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. I don't have a club jumper and don't need one. The club & committee, in particular, have a lot of things to do in the next 3 months with the track improvements, club challenge and NSW state titles.

How can a club jumper be possibly more important than that???
Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyl03
I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. I don't have a club jumper and don't need one. The club & committee, in particular, have a lot of things to do in the next 3 months with the track improvements, club challenge and NSW state titles.

How can a club jumper be possibly more important than that???
I didn't say it was more important . But how cool would the club look for club challenges and state titles if we were all in somthing with a Ryde badge on it . Also don't forget I have been asking for 2 year now this is not a new issue .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.