Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mad Speednut
Gday Roman,Ian Webber here,im going to get back into SC,ive bought another SC10,im only going to run with a 13.5 for now. As i cant remember,could you advise me on what pinion/spur i should run.

Cheers,ian
Hi Ian,
It will be good to see you again.
If you are running no ESC boost I would go for around 7.5 to 8.0 FDR.
If the spur gear is a 87 tooth , then a 29 tooth pinion.
As SCT Pro2 drivers running a 13.5 can use ESC boost and timing, you can gear for a higher FDR to compensate for this.

Originally Posted by HareTurtle
I was at the track practicing most of the day today and at peak there were probably 15 cars on or off the track. Compared to past no race-days, today was miles better in terms of everyone just getting along well. People have learned to drive the right direction. most people yield to faster cars, everyone helped marshall each others cars and it was a great day for all.
The track copped a bit of wear, on top of the obvious, we will need to nail down the ag piping in a few sections next weekend. i.e.: we might need to bring a few extra pegs as I couldn't find the ones that had been knocked out. I will be there to put in some hard labour for sure.
Good on ya Dave.

If anyone knows of an alternative piping we can use that would last longer on the track then let me know.
This applies to astro turf for the infield as well.
We will all need to start thinking about preparing the track now for the State Titles in September.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
Hi Ian,
If anyone knows of an alternative piping we can use that would last longer on the track then let me know.
This applies to astro turf for the infield as well.
The piping they use at St Ives is quite nice, but/and I find it a bit harder to drive over it though (when I've got off track), so the little patches of astro turf to soften the edge is quite useful.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i am trying to score some 2" suction hose from work its the stuff they use on tanker truck.
fingers cross
Old 04-22-2012, 01:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Good stuff Chris.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordy-15
i am trying to score some 2" suction hose from work its the stuff they use on tanker truck.
fingers cross
Chris,

Can you send me a photo or spec or even a brand name on this stuff? I am also looking into alternatives at the moment and I'm not sure if this is the same material. The one I'm trying to get is grain handling pipe.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Chris,

Can you send me a photo or spec or even a brand name on this stuff? I am also looking into alternatives at the moment and I'm not sure if this is the same material. The one I'm trying to get is grain handling pipe.
Nick
i will check it out and let you know
cheers
chris
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.polypipe.com.au/?gclid=CM...FYokpAod7nmrXg
We use this for some sections at the LRRCC.. Also I've used it to line a massive private Rc track on the north coast... Maybe approaching the Ryde council may be a good option... I can't see them kicking in but the club may be able to take advantage of the council's buying power....
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi I was looking at the trucks that were going round on the race day last week. What is the best truck for ryde. I sore some team sc10 and some losi 10te going round. So what is the best truck for racing in general and the best for ryde.
I seem to have more fun on Sundays when there are no rules to follow but to,go round in the same way.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the 2WD RTR SC10 comes with everything you need, if it has the Reedy 3300kvh motor in it, you will drop straight into Novice / Pro2 without having to buy anything else (other then batts and charger)

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a...C10/RTR_combo/

Cheers,
Old 04-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dbaker
Hi I was looking at the trucks that were going round on the race day last week. What is the best truck for ryde. I sore some team sc10 and some losi 10te going round. So what is the best truck for racing in general and the best for ryde.
I seem to have more fun on Sundays when there are no rules to follow but to,go round in the same way.
I can't comment on a suitable truck for racing, but for fun, I love the Losi SCTE. On Sunday afternoon it would have been me (blue & white), friend (fluoro yellow with Novak 4.5 system), and another friend (fluro orange with 4600KV).

The 4WD means you get hung up on the ag-pipe a bit less, hoping/waiting for someone to bump you to get some traction.

SCTE is also tough as nails with all of my poor driving, full speed head-ons into the poles, cartwheeling, bad jump landings (especially when the crossover was there). The only thing I have really replaced due to damage is a bent A-arm.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eddomak
I can't comment on a suitable truck for racing, but for fun, I love the Losi SCTE. On Sunday afternoon it would have been me (blue & white), friend (fluoro yellow with Novak 4.5 system), and another friend (fluro orange with 4600KV).

The 4WD means you get hung up on the ag-pipe a bit less, hoping/waiting for someone to bump you to get some traction.

SCTE is also tough as nails with all of my poor driving, full speed head-ons into the poles, cartwheeling, bad jump landings (especially when the crossover was there). The only thing I have really replaced due to damage is a bent A-arm.
When you going to be at the track again. If it is ok with you can I drive your losi 10te. I would like to get a feel for the truck be for I go and spend 600$ on it
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dbaker
When you going to be at the track again. If it is ok with you can I drive your losi 10te. I would like to get a feel for the truck be for I go and spend 600$ on it
PM me your details we'll see what we can do.

Once again, if you're racing, you might want to keep in mind which class would be enjoyable for you, as I am not sure which class this would be in.

Also I have noticed the feel is very different between mine and the other SCTEs, sometimes it was due to the motor (a world of difference when I changed from sensorless to sensored), sometimes from EXPO settings (I like my steering quite sensitive), and now the upgraded tyres. Having said this, a lot of people say this truck can win races straight out of the box without any setup changes - it's then up to the driver. And I'd be the first to say that I'm the limiting factor.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Weekend track work

OK the roller is booked for the weekend and the weather is looking ok for at least Saturday and possibly Sunday, so we are going to have to play it by ear and see how the weather plays out. But a bit of rain on Sunday wouldn't be a bad thing as the track will be pretty dry by Saturday if there isn't any more rain.

So anybody who is interested in helping out just keep an eye on here and I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

OK the roller is booked for the weekend and the weather is looking ok for at least Saturday and possibly Sunday, so we are going to have to play it by ear and see how the weather plays out. But a bit of rain on Sunday wouldn't be a bad thing as the track will be pretty dry by Saturday if there isn't any more rain.

So anybody who is interested in helping out just keep an eye on here and I'll keep you posted.
I will help out on The weekend. What are we doing to the track. Are we just Rowling it, or we making a new track.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

nick - i should be able to lend a hand on sunday as i'm not racing. saturday is out (kids' activities) unless it is in the late afternoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.