Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Seriously if you are just starting out the most important thing is practice and for that you will want a tyre that is consistent and hard wearing and for that there is no other choice but AKA, they are streets away from the others when it comes to wear; some of the tyres mentioned above will last about 6 battery packs on a dry track which is less than two hours practice. I have a set of Rebars on my 2wd mod that are still going strong after 15 packs! And my son's Gridirons have done about 10 packs in SCT with no sign of wear. Listen to Wookie, he is an experienced, good racer, if he says to use them he is talking from a fair amount of experience.

And I just checked the price on Amain and it is much the same as Powerhouse when freight is included, give or take 50 cents, and they won't ever give you the service that a local shop can.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seriously I would recommend ruben at the rc pit. He has to be one of the best guys around. And he's a racer too. I think 365 is the cheapest around. Even cheaper then amain with shipping.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Seriously if you are just starting out the most important thing is practice and for that you will want a tyre that is consistent and hard wearing and for that there is no other choice but AKA, they are streets away from the others when it comes to wear; some of the tyres mentioned above will last about 6 battery packs on a dry track which is less than two hours practice. I have a set of Rebars on my 2wd mod that are still going strong after 15 packs! And my son's Gridirons have done about 10 packs in SCT with no sign of wear. Listen to Wookie, he is an experienced, good racer, if he says to use them he is talking from a fair amount of experience.

And I just checked the price on Amain and it is much the same as Powerhouse when freight is included, give or take 50 cents, and they won't ever give you the service that a local shop can.
Thanks this is why I was asking, still a lot to learn and you raise a valid point. Something I should of remember from learning to fly RC planes.

Ill grab a set of AKA GridIrons first, just tried to check the Powerhouse Performance webpage and it seems to be down, can anyone tell me if they carry RPM products? Specifically the SC10 Front Bumper kit and LongShank Ball Cups? Or the Associated Titanium Turnbuckles? Would prefer to help local guys if I can.

Actually sold a few planes last night and have almost enough for the RS, although have to wait till after I propose the missus so she doesnt kill me !
Old 04-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Just call Dennis on the number above and he will order them in for you, he definitely has SCT tyres in stock.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nckmat

I realy like my AKA gridirons, it is a same i can't use them for the nats this weekend +1 from me.

Peter.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it will be tough to find RPM parts here in Aus. I am currently using it but I would say I prefer the stock one over RPM because the RPM tend to make the front end quiet heavy.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

You can get RPM gear here, I've bought quite a few RPM bits in Sydney. Not arms

though.

Last edited by nckmat; 04-04-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: put arse instead of arms
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by w00kie
Hey. I find aka gridirons work best for most occasions. And for when they don't I use praline bowties. I like the gridirons for how long they last. Jconcepts subcultures work pretty good also.
Yep agree on the AKA Grid Irons, look like a Sniper but wear so much better. Proline Blockades have also been working very well for me but I would stay away from holeshots, rubbish tire on SCT, when it gets warm the lugs just shear off.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Well done to all the Sydney RC drivers who raced at the Nats today, excellent result with Ash in first place in 2WD Stock and Jason in 8th (I think) and a really good result for Sean in 2WD Mod against an exceptionally good field. Also Andy and Hiroshi did really well considering how long they have been doing off road and they beat their target.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A reminder to all who submit online entries to update to the latest Alycat online entries program, version 2.1.8 , which was updated on the 3rd of April .

http://www.alycat.com/AlycatRC/WebSite/Download.html
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Steve is leaving today, going to the UK for 2 years.
Have fun racing your new Schumacher Cat SX3 on the astroturf track at Herts Nitro Model Club.
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-steve-carnt-sma.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Thanks this is why I was asking, still a lot to learn and you raise a valid point. Something I should of remember from learning to fly RC planes.

Ill grab a set of AKA GridIrons first, just tried to check the Powerhouse Performance webpage and it seems to be down, can anyone tell me if they carry RPM products? Specifically the SC10 Front Bumper kit and LongShank Ball Cups? Or the Associated Titanium Turnbuckles? Would prefer to help local guys if I can.

Actually sold a few planes last night and have almost enough for the RS, although have to wait till after I propose the missus so she doesnt kill me !
The tyres on the RS are good enough for racing and the rest of the kit is quite OK. No need to get titanium turnbuckles, the standard ones are perfectly fine. Save your cash, as it would be better to put it towards a decent wheel radio system and/or brushless system (thats another story).
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
Steve is leaving today, going to the UK for 2 years.
Have fun racing your new Schumacher Cat SX3 on the astroturf track at Herts Nitro Model Club.
See ya Steve
Old 04-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
The tyres on the RS are good enough for racing and the rest of the kit is quite OK. No need to get titanium turnbuckles, the standard ones are perfectly fine. Save your cash, as it would be better to put it towards a decent wheel radio system and/or brushless system (thats another story).
The Kit comes with JConcept Subcultures on the rear and the stock ones at the front.

See how it goes once I actually have my hands on the car and cut a few flaps.

Might be able to cut a few lugs off the side of the stockies and give them a more round feel.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Entered twice in mod, wasn't the version, was the user

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.