Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah man that's right. that will teach my tiny car for not being a Short Course Truck

Good times.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Nice photos ross.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A great day of racing.
I was very impressed by the fact that when the rain fell no one went home but instead continued to race 4wd mod in the rain. . . awesome !

That's what RC is about, fun and a carefree attitude, my hats off to the 4wd mod guys , the heroes of RC .

Well done to Dave Ryan for running the race meeting and doing a great job, you have taught him well Shane Edwards .

Thanks to Ant, Marg, and Tony from St.Ives for turning up to the meeting.
You are right Ant , it is starting to feel like friends and family getting together for some RC fun and madness .

Thanks also to Greg Bakla from Northern Beaches Hobby Centre for turning up and giving me some good advice as well .

Our policy with regards to the rain will continue to be to continue to race for as long as we can and not to pack up and run away with the first drop of rain.

See you all next race meeting .
Old 07-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brenos
Quick ? about brushless.
Whats the difference between sensorded and sensor less?
Cheers
It's a not so quick answer if you get into the nitty gritty, but if I can possibly predict what you're asking in that if you're running mod either is fine. Running stock stick to sensored as the sensorless has trouble picking up the back emf on the lower current stock motors and tend to stutter (cog).
Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RacerEd
It's a not so quick answer if you get into the nitty gritty, but if I can possibly predict what you're asking in that if you're running mod either is fine. Running stock stick to sensored as the sensorless has trouble picking up the back emf on the lower current stock motors and tend to stutter (cog).
Thanx mate,
Big help, prob gonna get the 17.5T Tekrin Combo
Old 07-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brenos
Thanx mate,
Big help, prob gonna get the 17.5T Tekrin Combo
No probs.
Can't go wrong with that, Tekin seems to be a popular choice at our track!
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks also to the few wet souls who stayed behind to help pack up yesterday, it was much appreciated, the more hands we have the quicker we get home to a nice warm shower.

Also, have to say it was great watching Sean and Ant mix it up it was really good to watch and Sean you are a true sporting gentleman, everybody (including myself I must admit) can learn from your attitude on the track. Remember boys and girls it is not about who wins or loses but how you play the game.

Personally I had a crap day of racing, if I didn't sabotage myself doing stupid things, like mounting the wrong tyres because I was not concentrating, I did it by driving crap and by not keeping up maintenance on things like my diff on the BJ. There is always next time.

Nick
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah being sporting and gentlemanly on the track is an art in its self. I hope it comes to me one day... I am sure it will, other things are coming together.

Know how you feel Nick. Made so many mistakes like that. I think a 4WD is a needy vehicle. Unfortunately you cant take the maintenance for granted.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Updated Racing Rules at Ryde

Hi Guys,
Just to give you a heads up for some rule changes we've made for racing at Ryde, most are to make the rules simpler and more easily understood and to try and bring the cost down.

Lipo (7.4V) now legal in all classes. Does not need to be ROAR legal but must be hard case. Lipo sacks an balancers must still be used.

Mod classes, all 1/10 540 based brushless motor systems are legal to run in mod classes. So this includes you mamba/traxxas and many other RTR systems that were not deemed to be legal previously.

This is the last year 13.5 BL motors will be legal in stock, illegal for stock in 2010, but ok for mod.

Happy racing

Of course any sanctioned race meeting must run to the AARCMAC technical specifications.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Default 13.5

Originally Posted by RacerEd
Hi Guys,
Just to give you a heads up for some rule changes we've made for racing at Ryde, most are to make the rules simpler and more easily understood and to try and bring the cost down.

Lipo (7.4V) now legal in all classes. Does not need to be ROAR legal but must be hard case. Lipo sacks an balancers must still be used.

Mod classes, all 1/10 540 based brushless motor systems are legal to run in mod classes. So this includes you mamba/traxxas and many other RTR systems that were not deemed to be legal previously.

This is the last year 13.5 BL motors will be legal in stock, illegal for stock in 2010, but ok for mod.

Of course any sanctioned race meeting must run to the AARCMAC technical specifications.
Guys,

Are you going to keep the 13.5BL as a standard for Slash.
We were thinking this would be the way to go for all those idle 13.5 motors.

Mav
Happy racing
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
Guys,

Are you going to keep the 13.5BL as a standard for Slash.
We were thinking this would be the way to go for all those idle 13.5 motors.

Mav
Happy racing
Mav,

13.5 brushless will be legal for Pro Class Short Course Trucks, but not for Spec Class Slash, these will need to be box stock Traxxas Slash. See our website front page for a brief explaination.

Nick
Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Sunday's reults are up: http://www.sydneyrc.com/2009/Results...ng_Report.html
Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow, nice to see that the rain in the last race didn't slow things down. Sean beat the TQ by another few seconds. Awesome. It felt like a fast race, surprising how much traction there was with all the water on the track.

Just putting my car back together now. Wasn't too expensive for one race, $39 in ball joints and 2 bearings All could have been avoided, if I had pulled the car apart that evening and cleaned it.

Both Sean and I were running 5.5, as we were the last meet too. Despite what people say, that motor wind seems pretty spot on for the Ryde circuit. The lap times may argue differently. Even Shane E said it is a good choice for the track.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Iggy Pop and Tom Waits for Nick and Stephen. You have seen this Jim Jarmusch film I am sure.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Oh, and some random RC stuff?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geerno
Iggy Pop and Tom Waits for Nick and Stephen. You have seen this Jim Jarmusch film I am sure.

+ YouTube Video

Oh, and some random RC stuff?

+ YouTube Video
That Buggy has awesome suspension.
Might look into getting one

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.