Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Does anybody else feel that the two tracks above are too groomed and smooth, it just looks like on-road with jumps. I like it when the cars look like 1/10 versions of Dakar cars.
It's the way of the future Nick, you need to embrace and be at one with the concept!!

It sure beats running on blown out tracks which are more about the lottery of picking the right line, but I do see where you're coming from.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Any racing today or did the rain stop the meeting.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

We got 5 full rounds in before it got too wet.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

You guy's were luckier than us we got to 11:30 and it rained to much for us to run anymore.
Maybe i should have run offroad.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nckmat
And I reckon that's the first time I've been called charismatic since I stopped drinking.
There needs to be a social for each club I reckon. I guess that is what the club series away meets are for, but people don't drink that much because they are worried about the BIG RACE! the next day. Would be good to organise something booze orientated, everyone can have good conversations up to a point.

Yeah, I am a mad bastard and I don't like silence long live chaos and racing in the rain!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got to say, had a great day racing. So good to duel with Sean. I am still learning, but driving with racers like Sean and Ash the other fortnight is good for the soul.

Finally I feel I am getting to the point where I want to start working on set-ups. So nice to see that point in view.

Big thank you to the Ryde Club and the Amazing Committee for putting on another well run but chilled out race day. You guys rock, and the Ryde club is starting to feel a bit like family.

The highlight definitely was the last race, 4wd Mod, in full rain. Blasting down the straight spraying water and mud so high it covered poor Peli. Sick!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

todays photos
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-1.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-2.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-3.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-4.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-5.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

todays photos 2
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-6.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-7.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-9.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-10.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-11.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

todays photos 3
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-12.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-13.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-14.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-15.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-16.jpg  

Old 07-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

photos today 4
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-17.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Quick ? about brushless.
Whats the difference between sensorded and sensor less?
Cheers
Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you should see the mud sprays all up me jumper Ant...even on my back when i turned around when you and Sean approached ....awesome to watch but,especially with Toddy and Kos in the first few laps,till i threw Toddy on his roof twice:lol :....

great day of racing
Old 07-26-2009, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Peli
you should see the mud sprays all up me jumper Ant...even on my back when i turned around when you and Sean approached ....awesome to watch but,especially with Toddy and Kos in the first few laps,till i threw Toddy on his roof twice:lol :....

great day of racing
Yeah, that was all round insane. was so good to have Tod and Kos racing mod too. What a blast. They are the bad boys. Bad boys of mod, but with stars on their lids too many beers when painting. What am I talking about, mine has glitter in it There can be no other way to paint, than with a cold one, or too many

Peli, I noticed your signature style of marshaling for the rest of the day. it's like you run past the car and flip it on your way with your back hand. Awesome stuff. No one seems to style it up with the marshaling, I might have to try a few tricks.

Got to say Shane's marshaling is top rate too.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

,yeah i incorparated the lookaway into it as well Ant but it bit me twice that one......its just a thing i remember from nitro truggys,but because there so wide you used to be able to run up to and step over and just give it flick,heavy and wide they just landed on there wheels,but these light skinny electrics require a real light flick,i kept screwing it up,so probably wont try it again..

as for glitter and stars,it certainly suits the bunch of hoodlums that were standing on the 4wd mod stand today
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

yeah ya always happy to stack in front of Sean and Shane

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.