Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all, Great day had

Thanks for putting up the results so fast!!

Quote of the day - "Roman - The Orange monstrosity"

It's Camel yellow thanks Roman
Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Question Scotty: what's with your g/f as your avatar, trying to win some brownies?
Wishing it was my g/f, pic doesnt work as an avatar there is some major mountains to climb there...
Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hi guys, just wondering, to enter race days, do i need my own transponder?

thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kai888
hi guys, just wondering, to enter race days, do i need my own transponder?

thanks
No mate you don't need your own, you can use a club transponder.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Another great race meet today and hoping to have the SCT ready for the next meet. Thanks for the shade Hiroshi .
Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syndicate
Hey all, Great day had

Thanks for putting up the results so fast!!

Quote of the day - "Roman - The Orange monstrosity"

It's Camel yellow thanks Roman
Oops.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just how many people were in that tent Hiroshi? Looked like a frat party going on in there at one stage; was there a keg?

Pete, think I will get that charger, just gotta sell my Pulsar 3, which will be very missed but without a balancer it's pretty useless and wait for yours to come back into stock.

Peli,this is the set up sheet I used for the Strike http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0...ilverState.pdf The ladder frame to undermount the battery is on its way, along with ball diff and CVDs. Also moved shocks to give more angle which almost eliminated traction roll, still a little bit there but nowhere near as bad as first run. Just gotta fix ridiculous active front camber now, but very limited options available for that.

Has anybody got a piece of carbon fibre sheet a bit bigger than a battery they don't need? Think I will need it to protect the battery if I swing it under the chassis in the Strike.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Just how many people were in that tent Hiroshi? Looked like a frat party going on in there at one stage; was there a keg?
Toga! Toga! Toga! Toga!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default 4mod v 4stock

Looking at the results from the weekend, the gap between the 2 classes was nothing! Fasted lap both in the 34's and the next 3 all on 35sec

The stock guys are catching up!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt27
Looking at the results from the weekend, the gap between the 2 classes was nothing! Fasted lap both in the 34's and the next 3 all on 35sec

Yep... they are.
We should just run Open classes for buggy like we do Stadium Trucks.
Then it would really mean something to get a podium place.

Mind you... I don't normally get TQ in 4wd mod, I'm a far cry from a top 4wd mod driver.. I'm sure the times would have been a lot different if Seano and Warner were running 4wd Mod.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by matt27

You stock boys SHOULD be doing 34's

Me and Seanos are starting to crack the 31's, hoping to hit the 30's b4 State Titles.

On another level, this is prob the best finish to a race i have seen in a long time. Was on last night
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brenos

You stock boys SHOULD be doing 34's

Me and Seanos are starting to crack the 31's, hoping to hit the 30's b4 State Titles.

On another level, this is prob the best finish to a race i have seen in a long time. Was on last night
+ YouTube Video
Nice find Brenos. I've watched all three legs of both 2w & 4w now, some awesome racing there and TEAM DURANGO dominating.

Might have to get the 4w's out this sat & see if we can get those 30's.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seanos
Nice find Brenos. I've watched all three legs of both 2w & 4w now, some awesome racing there and TEAM DURANGO dominating.

Might have to get the 4w's out this sat & see if we can get those 30's.
If you plan on cracking 30s, you'd better let race control know in advance. I think Alycat is setup for 30s min lap times. anything less and it will discard the lap
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

ANT!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

our cars arrived after the 29th but they are here now and as we are settled in we are hoping to start racing, I see there is a meet at North Ryde this weekend so that is our aim. Our cars were damaged a lil in the removal so we need to get some parts before saturday, can anyone recommend some pit shops that sell Hyper and Hong Nor parts?? We are just after some bumpers and screws, nothing major, and we should be good to go for saturday. I was wondering what lipo's you guys run in the Open 4wd class (im guessing thats where we will run our Hyper 10sc and Nexx10??), we only use 2s and are hoping that is what is used in the class also.

Also how do we register, via the Sydney RC website?? Can we pay membership fees and race meet fees all in one go online??

Thanks for your help guys and we hope to see you all this weekend!

Originally Posted by bungchow
hi guys,
My son and i have just moved from darwin to hurstville and are looking for somewhere to race our trucks. My son has a Nexx10 with a 9T Hobbywing and i have a Hyper10sc with a 9T hobbywing, we both use 2S lipos. Iv looked alot online and it looks like the ryde track is the closest to where we will be living, is this correct? Iv had a quick look on your website and see you run an open 4wd class, what lipos are you running in this class? We are both in our first year of racing and not looking to set records but really enjoyed racing in darwin and were competitive in the B class there, so we would like to find where we would fit in here. I see there is a meet on the 28th and 29th, our cars probably wont have arrived from darwin by then but we will come out and take a look at the track and racing. any help or advice for us would be greatly appreciated........

Matt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.