Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tcs Worlds 2003

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok some news from TCS, Jack ended up 16th, after languashing in 22nd, he got surikan on the job as his pit bitch, and jack dropped over half a second and ended up 16th just out of the A.

Surikan with his 415, put 8 seconds on his TRF teammates in the demo class.

And Gav was looking a good third in F1, until a DNF in the third final caused him to drop back to sixth, all finals count from the sounds of it.

Bert has gone nuts at the tamiya shops, and has a few extra suitcases full of toys, apparently he has cornered the world market on Tamiya mini bodies. lol
Old 11-24-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by Besercoe
Ok some news from TCS, Jack ended up 16th, after languashing in 22nd, he got surikan on the job as his pit bitch, and jack dropped over half a second and ended up 16th just out of the A.

lol
is this Aussies best result so far?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Best result from memory would be daniel watt, i believe he came 3rd on year in f1.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like the same old story from every year. When will trevor listen to the drivers that go over there, we need to run as per TCS worlds rules over here to get the results everyone wants. The last 3 years we have said that to him but he continues to ignore us.
Not having a go at anyone but with gav having a good run in the only class that ran the TCS Worlds rules over here this just goes to show how good we could be if we sent the people over that best suit the rules.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default TCS rule makers

SkidLid,

I don't believe it is soley up to Trevor to decide the rules for Aussie TCS. I'm quite sure local commercial pressures would also play a part in what rules we run.

Trevor does a great job for little return and he does have our best interests in mind when trying to influence what rules we run to.

Scotty P
Old 11-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: TCS rule makers

Originally posted by ScottyP
SkidLid,

I don't believe it is soley up to Trevor to decide the rules for Aussie TCS. I'm quite sure local commercial pressures would also play a part in what rules we run.

Trevor does a great job for little return and he does have our best interests in mind when trying to influence what rules we run to.

Scotty P

Yes im sure there are pressures from the importer, i dont really believe in running sports tuned they are a waste of money, and what does it really matter if we come 8th or 16th.

And yes trev does a fantastic job running TCS, but you say for little return. PLEASE?
Old 11-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Little return

As far as I am aware, Trevor does not get paid to run the meeting and if you think a free trip to Japan is adequate return for putting up with all the crap associated with running TCS, our respecitve ideas of a good 'return' must differ greatly! ;-)

Scotty P
Old 11-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Id prefer to pay for a plane ticket then run the TCS and put up with a bunch of whingers and rules problems!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:59 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SkidLid
Sounds like the same old story from every year. When will trevor listen to the drivers that go over there, we need to run as per TCS worlds rules over here to get the results everyone wants. The last 3 years we have said that to him but he continues to ignore us.
Not having a go at anyone but with gav having a good run in the only class that ran the TCS Worlds rules over here this just goes to show how good we could be if we sent the people over that best suit the rules.
The suggestion was made prior to the racing format being decided that we run the TCS nats in the same way as the Worlds. I believe a lot of drivers were a little scared at the thought of single lap qualifying.

No one has been "ignored" regarding the suggestion that we run as per TCS worlds rules - the Japanese don't give out a full copy of the rules until after all qualifiers have been run. How can we second guess what the final rules will be. This is the first year that I know of that the team hasn't gone over with a changed set of rules just prior to the event!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Welcome Back TCS Team

Hi TJ, welcome back all, hope you guys enjoyed the week
Old 11-26-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

I had to visit a local hobby store today to pick up some things for my car with a friend. I walked into the store (RC-Champ in Akihabara) to see a few gaijin's strolling around the store. Then notice one guy with a Australian Tamiya something jacket, another in a Williams F1 jacket...

Turned out to be TJ and his crew! strange place to meet eh TJ? I didn't get your name along with the other guys I met in the store!

Anyways, hope you guys had a safe trip back home and I'll guess I'll see you guys @ the track when i get back!

Last edited by asimo; 11-26-2003 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think there is a much higher chance of meeting them in a hobby shop than anywhere else.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:40 PM
TJ
Tech Champion

Yes we are finally back had to make a slight diverion and went to Melbourne to visit Gav but we are back in Sydney. Its nice to hear how well you all appreciate my work. ( Lets see how many laps to I miss!!!)
The drivers this year worked there butts off to get the best out of the cars we were fast enough but we just didn't quite make it, those long night or early mornings did work.
Congrates to Gav did Aus proud if he didn't have bad luck in the third run when a driver came into the back of him and broke the car he had a good chance of coming 2nd or 3rd.
Steve did his best time of the event in the last run but missed the cut by .13 of a sec Jake had the same problem the car was fast but setting it up in the short time we had was a nightmare.
The Americans this year didn't do as well only a 3rd was the best, go Rodzilla.
This year it wasn't a matter of what car you raced or what motor you used it was just down to the qualitiy of driving and what we have to do is achieve the degree of skill from the rest of the world . We have drivers already going over seas to compete with the like of Surikican( thats not me its my twin brother) and the rest of the world. Jake found out with his help he increased his time by half a second with only 10 minutes work on the car and the right type A tyres and inserts.
Thanks Scotty P for your kind words.
Thanks to Prommy for those fantasic pain jobs on the cars i think we did it gain in car art this year.
For one I will sleep tonight very well indeed and with only the Castle Hill Enduro to run that will be another year down. Thanks to guy's that went this year again it was a time there and I will never forget.

Trevor
Old 11-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah ive heard all about Surikarn's twin brother
Old 11-27-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Good run at the Worlds...How's Steve's foot? My shoulder is relocated but still sore. Surikan left right after the mains and his brother took his place. "Suru?" "Ah-So-Bee-Ma-Cho...Ka?" hahaha.

3rd place was a blast to achieve but I did have a great time. I would rather finish 3rd and have an awesome goood time than be 1st working late every night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.