Search

LRP SPX Brushless Competition StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default LRP SPX Brushless Competition StockSpec ESC

Guys,

I run in 10.5 BL and was considering the LRP Sphere TC spec..... then saw this "stock spec version" ... interesting.

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...egler/details/

Has has anyone tried this stock spec ESC in 10.5 ? .... how does it go compared to the TC spec ...

Cheers

Alan

Last edited by mazmo; 02-13-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looks and sounds like the TC spec without the fan or heat sink. Also looks like it has the same profiles as the TC. 1-4 for mod and 5-8 for stock. I would prob say a cheaper version. I guess it would go ok with a 10.5. Might have to watch the heat a bit. I don't know what the LRP brusless heat up like without a HS and fan on 10.5. I have always run a TC spec in that class.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I recently got an SPX Stock Spec and it does come with a heatsink, but no fan. I will be trying it soon, but I have moved from a GTB so I can't compare it to a Sphere.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Get yourself the Spx bullet reverse. It only has 4 profiles instead of 8 but comes with the fan and heatsink. Ive been running it with some 19t brushed and a LRP stock spec 10.5 and it has no problems keeping up with anyone. My driving on the other hand causes me to lose plenty of time around the track. But straight line speed and punch, I can't fault it.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dadaman
Looks and sounds like the TC spec without the fan or heat sink. Also looks like it has the same profiles as the TC. 1-4 for mod and 5-8 for stock. I would prob say a cheaper version. I guess it would go ok with a 10.5. Might have to watch the heat a bit. I don't know what the LRP brusless heat up like without a HS and fan on 10.5. I have always run a TC spec in that class.
Thanks Dadaman,

Yes I saw that both ESC's had 4 profiles for stock, also noticed in the stock spec manual that stock profiles have a higher values to describe "aggressiveness" than the TC spec. I can only assume these profiles may have more timing than TC spec ?? and hence more useful for 21 & 17.5T ..... perhaps too high for 10.5T.

If you you mind me asking ... what profile have you been using on the TC Spec for 10.5T..... you can PM if you prefer.

Cheers Alan

Last edited by mazmo; 02-14-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miccal
I recently got an SPX Stock Spec and it does come with a heatsink, but no fan. I will be trying it soon, but I have moved from a GTB so I can't compare it to a Sphere.
Sounds good ... good luck with that, let us know how it goes ... do you run in 10.5T?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Get yourself the Spx bullet reverse. It only has 4 profiles instead of 8 but comes with the fan and heatsink. Ive been running it with some 19t brushed and a LRP stock spec 10.5 and it has no problems keeping up with anyone. My driving on the other hand causes me to lose plenty of time around the track. But straight line speed and punch, I can't fault it.

Thanks Benzaah .... sounds good
Old 02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yes I run an LRP Stock Spec 10.5. I ran it for the first time yesterday and it feels very different from my Novak GTB and Novak SS10.5, a lot more power out of the corners. Regarding heat, yesterday was a very warm day and I ran it for about 8 minutes in one run, and the ESC did not feel hot at all, only slightly warm. I ran the supplied heatsink but no fan, and no fan on the motor either.

Originally Posted by mazmo
Sounds good ... good luck with that, let us know how it goes ... do you run in 10.5T?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The SPX's spec profiles yield significant rpm gains when compared with any of the TC spec profiles, so no it's not the same and not a lower cost version. Reports from snowbirds are saying profile 7 is the pick, and the advancement of timing make the car feel like it has a 2nd gear when going down the straights. I've also read the difference between the SPX and the TC spec is .3 of a second around a small track, but I'll let you know when mine arrives this week
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CraigM
The SPX's spec profiles yield significant rpm gains when compared with any of the TC spec profiles, so no it's not the same and not a lower cost version. Reports from snowbirds are saying profile 7 is the pick, and the advancement of timing make the car feel like it has a 2nd gear when going down the straights. I've also read the difference between the SPX and the TC spec is .3 of a second around a small track, but I'll let you know when mine arrives this week

Thanks for that Craig .... good luck with it. Would love to here how you went.

Cheers

Alan
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by miccal
Yes I run an LRP Stock Spec 10.5. I ran it for the first time yesterday and it feels very different from my Novak GTB and Novak SS10.5, a lot more power out of the corners. Regarding heat, yesterday was a very warm day and I ran it for about 8 minutes in one run, and the ESC did not feel hot at all, only slightly warm. I ran the supplied heatsink but no fan, and no fan on the motor either.

Thanks for that miccal