Wiki Posts
Search

Motor questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Motor questions

In Australia, with stock class...

What motors are allowed to be used? 27T? could you use rebuildable ones?

I'm planning to get a comm lathe and they have different type of lathes for different type of motors. Here in Japan stock class is 23T.

In mod class, how many turns do the guys use?

Thanks

Old 11-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Legal stock motors are the Trinty Monster stock, green machine3, p2k, p2k2, reedy Mvp, Orion core stock. I'm pretty sure most use the monster stock.

Re-buildable is the standard now for stock racing. 27 Turns 24 degrees are the specs. You'll need a mod lathe to cut your comm(or get someone at the track to do it for a few bucks). I think the standard for mod racing is between 7-10 turns.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Legal stock motors are the Trinty Monster stock, green machine3, p2k, p2k2, reedy Mvp, Orion core stock. I'm pretty sure most use the monster stock.

Re-buildable is the standard now for stock racing. 27 Turns 24 degrees are the specs. You'll need a mod lathe to cut your comm(or get someone at the track to do it for a few bucks). I think the standard for mod racing is between 7-10 turns.
fatdoggy: thanks for the info! Just reading up about the Monster motors, quite impressive! It's good to know that the standard for 27T are re-buildable.

Just looking at buying a comm lathe and I was just worried that the 27T used in racing were the non re-buildable types. Because I'll have to spend more money on a lathe that would do both stock and mod.

Anyhow... was just looking at the results from the nationals. The stock class arn't that much slower compared to the Mod A's. A second and a bit! Guess there was some good stock racing!

Glad you guys had fun!