Like Tree3Likes

M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What the?....

What's this doing in an M03 thread?

Check out the first update on the all-new rc-mini HERE to find out about Jays strange passenger..

Last edited by tony gray; 12-08-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2 of the most important

T2, Deniz in Mini, and a finanical member of SMA in 540.
I know, you are going to say they are not national titles, but we put in just as much effort as you guys and the trophy says "2008 National Titles" If Caltex won i am sure you would have put Windsor 3.
I think Phi Racing is also looking to see if SMA can claim them as well, hope to hear from him soon
BOB
Old 12-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
T2, Deniz in Mini, and a finanical member of SMA in 540.
I know, you are going to say they are not national titles, but we put in just as much effort as you guys and the trophy says "2008 National Titles" If Caltex won i am sure you would have put Windsor 3.
I think Phi Racing is also looking to see if SMA can claim them as well, hope to hear from him soon
BOB
do u have trouble reading bob!!! im sure people do put a lot of effort into these classes but at the end of the day it's a "DEMO CLASS" u cant change that and thats one who is phi racing and what did they win to claim a so called 2nd!!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im updating to LIPO in the next 2 weeks, What is the best battery Charger combination to run on the mini, 3200 Harris Lipo with the G5 charger. Also what is a good starting point for tires say at Castle Hill Track,
Old 12-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hobbywing

Whats the difference between the Etched and Stickered Hobbywing?

Where are people getting the etched system from?

Ben
Old 12-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Ben,

The original motors were just stickered. After negotiating wit Hobbywing we have managed to get them laser etched for easy identication when racing. Most locations will have the etched motor now
Old 12-08-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tony

Could you please a list of approved bodies that are allowed to be used as per the new rules, There is a little confusion with some drivers here in NSW.

Very impressed with new website mate looks tops
Old 12-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

The body list is pretty simple:

All boxy hatch style bodies are allowed. eg Swift , Evo Colt, Yaris, March etc

Also the older style Nissan Sunny etc would be allowed

the Touring car style bodies are not (like the Spice Accord)
Wedge style bodies are not. These would include the strange Northcraft "cartoon" style bodies I think

There is no real official list

Last edited by cannon; 12-08-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Greg,

You are correct with the bodies. The Northcraft bodies are not legal.

The Lone Ranger,

A body list will not be done, otherwise it will have to be constantly added too. This would require canvasing of all states to approve/disapprove the new bodies to be added to the list. This was discussed at some length prior to the mini rules being released. We decided that it was easier for the rule as is.

It comes back to if it is not IAW the rule then you can not run it.

Same goes for the one piece spice/tech racing plastic mini a arms. One piece arms are not made by Tamiya as a hop up, so they are not legal. Just for clarification, I have had the question asked a few times.

As with all of the mini rules, if you have something that is questionable on your car, then either change it or run the risk of it not being legal. This will mainly affect those running CC and major events. I am not sure how many clubbies will be using the new rules.

Hope that clears some things up.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 12-09-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: xtra text
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger
Tony

Could you please a list of approved bodies that are allowed to be used as per the new rules, There is a little confusion with some drivers here in NSW.

Very impressed with new website mate looks tops
I think the bodies rule is fairly simple really. Just like Greg said.

Nothing modern (No WRX's, EVO's, Accords etc) and no Sports car sorta bodies.

The whole intent was to open up the availability of bodies, but to encourage ones that fitted the spirit of the class. Fiat 500's, the new ABC Celica shell, Dattos, stuff like that.

We dont want it to turn into an 'aero above all else' class like Touring Car has become.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caltek1
Greg,

You are correct with the bodies. The HPI Civic would be considered a wedge. The Northcraft bodies are not legal.

The Lone Ranger,

A body list will not be done, otherwise it will have to be constantly added too. This would require canvasing of all states to approve/disapprove the new bodies to be added to the list. This was discussed at some length prior to the mini rules being released. We decided that it was easier for the rule as is.

It comes back to if it is not IAW the rule then you can not run it.

Same goes for the one piece spice/tech racing plastic mini a arms. One piece arms are not made by Tamiya as a hop up, so they are not legal. Just for clarification, I have had the question asked a few times.

As with all of the mini rules, if you have something that is questionable on your car, then either change it or run the risk of it not being legal. This will mainly affect those running CC and major events. I am not sure how many clubbies will be using the new rules.

Hope that clears some things up.

Regards,

Calvin.

You wouldn't call the HPI Civic a wedge would you? The wedge reference was more referring to "12th scale type Wedge"
Old 12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger
Motor & Transmission

20, 18 OR 16 Tooth pinions only

Tamiya Black Can Sport-Tuned motors – 53068 (23,000 rpm max), or 13T/3000KV Hobbywing OEM/rebranded COMPLETE SYSTEM with max 25 or 35 amp ESC and engraved /etched can. No modifications are permitted to motors.
Hi Guys,

Can someone provide a list of 'legal' esc's? I am unsure about who Hobbywing OEM to? I assume YEAH racing, but anyone else? The way the above is written, can any max 35amp esc be used? Much easier and can be easily teched.......

I think you have all done a great job in developing a 'standard' for a class you enjoy, but as a potential first time mini racer, in my opinion the first time or 'newbie' racer might be a bit put off with the mandated esc.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

The rules state COMPLETE SYSTEM. It must be ALL Hobbywing, no mix-match other manufacturer ESC's

To my knowledge, and I'm sure Greg can confirm this, the complete systems currently available are either Hobbywing - Tek Model - Yeah Racing.

Shouldn't be an issue even for a newbie. If you want to run brushless, you have to buy a complete system - easy.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Tony is correct with the names of the OEM retailers.

The Hobbywing system is available all over Asia as well as here in Austrtalia. So far it has proved to be very reliable and easy to use.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

So if i've got the Yeah racing 3000kv with 25amp speedi and
the Yeah motor goes in 12 months time i can't get a hobby wing motor to replace it ????

The Rat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.