Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Oops...just read title again...what a goose.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah Jas,8-9 trucks today......new fella with a yellow slash that after a rough start got his groove on pretty quickly......looks like it may be something to do with colour yellow ..

and Dave won for the day,but didnt get it all his way,Manuel and Ian served it up to him ......he still won but

as for the rest of us,we just battled it out for the minor rankings....it was a blast..

the new Bowties werent very popular with most people in the dry conditions at the start of the day,in the damper conditions heaps better....they may take a few races to wear in like the Switches used too..

i will be taking Switches and Bowties to the races from now on,as the Bowties are too unpredictable in dry conditions and slightly dusty stuff.hopefully they wear in better...

i seen a Amsoil truck running new proline beadlocks,did they hold up for the day?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Good to see ya had a good turn out today Peli, even with a few of us missing.
I found the bowties weren't that flash during the week when i took the truck down, also the fact that the shit AE shocks on the SC10 all need rebuilding already!

Hopefully I'll get down to racing next weekend, oncall for work this weekend so wasn't going to risk it.
I'm still practicing with destoying the B44 with a mod motor, glad front arms are cheap, managed to completely rip off a front corner during the week, shock and all

Look forward to seeing one of those HPI trucks on the track when they get released, with MAXXIS doing the tyres it should be good, they make some of the best MTB tyres i've ever raced on.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasum14
Did the yellow truck kick butt again??
for sure man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Once i get some softer rear tires instead of the hard stock tires i have been using, i will give you a run for your money Dave. . .
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

theres a certain white sc10 that may have something too say about that El President'e

well,maybe one heat out of 6 anyways
Old 07-26-2009, 10:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Let's get ready to RUMBLE. . .

We had a full field of 10 Slashes at one stage, Short Course will really be rocking when we have to have 2 heats of TRUCKS.
So come on boyz, let's see how many we can get running at Ryde.

:t ire:
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys

Just wondering, does the spec slash motor start to taper off in speed after some use or is it just my impression...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BRUTICAS
Hey Guys

Just wondering, does the spec slash motor start to taper off in speed after some use or is it just my impression...
More than likely, like any brushed motor, the brushes wear, the comm gets dirty, without skimming the comm like you would on a rebuildable motor it will definitely start to slow down.

Are there plans to run a strict out of the box slash class with exceptions to wheels and tires and then another class for all the rest?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

seeing as the stock slashs are fully capable of winning races still,i reckon that we use the boxstock class as a beginner/breakin class for ALL new CORR drivers...

i think the reason being is so they develop there skills over 2 meets so as to not upset the main 10-20 PRO CORR racers... they have to stay there for a meet or 2 and then have there driving evaluated and there truck teched to see what class it fits in and to make sure they have got there driving good enough to get out on track with the other established racers

the class could be renamed RTR CORR so any truck can enter(SLASH,SC10,STRIKE,BLITZ and any new trucks) as long as there in full RTR spec......this shouldnt be a problem seeing as most are coming out with the same/similar motors and tyres....

i see this as a good way off getting all the new RTR and SLASH SPEC trucks in the one class with very similar performance..that way BOX STOCK class morphs into RTR CORR with no mods except for any radio and LIPO Battery(maybe speedy for the slash so its LIPO safe) and they can use any RTR tyre available,NO aftermarket PROLINE,JCONS tyres for RTR......and the PRO CORR class stays as it is....

then as the racers get sick of RTR they can go brushless and step straight into PRO CORR with a set of tyres and a 13.5 system...cheep racing,or stay in the RTR class for REAL cheap racing till they blow there motor or wear out there original set of tyres

i think we have to loose the SLASH SPEC class because it makes people think its for one class of truck..if we turn it into a RTR CORR class,it is tightly controlled stock racing that any truck can win in and people with there new CORR truck will feel welcome to race in...

theres a huge shitfite in the US at the moment because of the term 'SLASH" in there boxstock classes,people are getting the shites cause there sc10's and such are getting turned away from stock racing,i believe if we rename our stock class to RTR CORR we will avoid all this,and at the same time show the yanks how dumb they are being over it all.....and i personally think it will be a successful class,rather than our dead BOXSTOCK class...

what does everyone think?

Last edited by Peli; 07-27-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I tend to agree.

There is a beginner class for buggies and trucks, and there fore should be one for SC trucks.

Two reasons:

Firstly, it will give n00bs a chance to look at what their truck is doing, and focus on learning to drive, than try to race guys with experience (and cause "incidents" while doing so).

Secondly, it lets the ProCORR do their thing without racing being interrupted by inexperienced drivers trying to prove something. Well, they do prove something, just not what they intend to

Ok,that might sound "beginner unfriendly", but, it's the truth. There would be a whole lotta squealing going on if the novice's got dumped into 4WD Mod (or any other class)

ProCORR is great as it is.

Last edited by Badmuthatrucker; 07-27-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What motors are you guys running in the SC10's? I havn't raced for awhile now cause of Rugby and School but I got down there in the Holidays and there were some others down there but there was no racing. Slash is up and running but SC10 is still waiting for parts... I'm selling my RC boat, if any are interested, heres the link (http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post6121921) . I'm hoping to be able to afford all the parts plus, maybe the new HPI Blitz...

Last edited by Lawso; 07-27-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

I thought there were rules written up for the class racing at Ryde yet no one seems to be following them or enforcing them??

I know that St Ives are interested in running a SC class there and the track has undergone changes last weekend so some solid rules need to set out and discussed among the local clubs and drivers so rules can be set and applied across the board.
If the SC class is to go anywhere apart from just a bash fest we should work on something.

just my few cents worth, i'd like to see the class build

Peli, interesting to hear about the bowties in the dry and the lack of grip. Any sign of a replacement set and rims yet, I've already wrecked a set of shit AE rims on the SC 10 so need to organise some 12mm hex's for it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
I thought there were rules written up for the class racing at Ryde yet no one seems to be following them or enforcing them??
What's that, Murray?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Hey Muzz, this is more of a general reply to all you SC guys.

We have discussed the rules at length at the last committee meeting and made some changes with my drive being I want them finalised so they can be enforced. Nothing printed up yet as awaiting Dave to get consensus on the motor rules for Pro.

Currently the class we run on the day is Short Course Trucks, within that is Slash Spec which is box stock, tires are still a discussion point. Pro class is all SC style trucks up to a proposed 13.5t BL or 17t Brushed RTR motor limit. When the numbers allow they will be split.

With all the new SC trucks coming out currently there is no room for a stock class for all, the Slash is still the best platform for this spec class and anything else would be unfair on existing Spec runners and anyone entering the 'parity' class. They are entitled to buy a Slash, turn up on race day and know thay are on a level playing field, these are the perfect vehicles for beginners, and with that beginners should be encouraged within the fold as this is meant to be a bit more social racing.

When we put forward a bigger Short Course meet then there will be more classes to cater for more of your wants but normal race days must have a set of rules that allow the two classes to run together on a low turnout day or split on a bigger one.

Cheers
Shane

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.