Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 06-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

had a ball today guys and girls.....once we had traction,it was on...i was thinking about the holeshots that a mate Jess offered me,but the rims were buggered,Ian still used them ...then Muzza offered me his holeshots and rimsthanks mate....

got a 2nd in the first final after battling with Ash,then got it all cocked up when leading the last final and finished 2nd or 3rd,maybe 4th....

Tee,thanks for letting me use yor slash as the downramp in the triples...had a absolute blast today racing at Ives.....

thanks for rocking up Ash,Tee,Jason,Dave,Steve,Ian and Muzza.....thanks for the tryes,and for organising the day for us Muzz,champion effort....

Iwill be back with some Mamba influenced HP,and some good rubber to see if i can claim that triple.....

well done today Toddy for racing in ModTruck and winning maybe,and Jess for his first races
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
I dunno if i can get my head up my own arse but i can get my feet behind my head, close enough??
....no. feet behind head is stock, head up arse is unbridled mod. Try harder and aim for the upper intestine. You'll love it. It's like playing guitar on stage with David Bowie faking a head job on you.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not a Slash but Toddy in action. Mate, you might wanna put a bit more glue on those tyres after looking at that 2nd shot!!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Peli

Tee,thanks for letting me use yor slash as the downramp in the triples...had a absolute blast today racing at Ives.....
Haha No worries Peli, anytime. Glad i could help out
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys sorry i missed the ives on sunday. i did however make it down there to have a run this morning with both the slash and the sc10. the slash was hopeless with no traction at all, and was quite heavy so didnt like the jumps so much, i guess also effected by the lack of traction and ramp speed.

on the other hand i drove the sc10 and absolutely loved it. it flew over the jumps with ease and hooked up better even with stock suspension and tyres. i want to play with the goosebumps and the new bowties and with a few suspension mods it will be good. the stock tyres were a little bit hard to handle, im not the most experienced driver either, but with some practice and a few mods should be fun at both tracks.

another note on the sc10...its not as weak as people have claimed it to be...i had heaps hard landings and bad landings and it survived without issue. i did however break a front suspension arm as i came of the rear straight head on into those timber sleepers....this hit would have smashed a slash too so i wasnt too concerned..

all good fun!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rapster402
. i did however break a front suspension arm as i came of the rear straight head on into those timber sleepers....this hit would have smashed a slash too so i wasnt too concerned..

all good fun!!!
Yea that sleeper on race days is protected now so you tend to break things anymore when you hit it. Ive seen many cars break arms on that. I hit it full noise with the slash at the previous St Ives round and it just bounced off, but i hit it dead centre, not with an arm.

I think a few of the boys are Crawling the Sunday of the next St Ives meet, can someone confirm that as I wouldn't mind tagging along with the camera.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

will let ya know muzza bout the next st ives round......will check the crawler date.

good to hear you getting a handle on the sc10 chris....i took the shitty stock tyres off and went to ryde this arvo with switches on...it ate ryde up

i find that the only time the stockers work is when the surface holds a lot of water in the soil...i have run about 10 batterys through the sc10 at ryde for practise and the only time it stuck to the track was when all the rain from last few weeks had soaked in and the soil was real grippy and moist...if it was dry,its like a dog chasing its tail...after going to the switches,im happy enough to put it on the track with the slash's...it was running away from a slash at ryde today that had a 13.5, stadium truck rears and ribbed fronts,as well as swaybars,so it cant be slow....
so easy to drive fast after my mods and the tyres....easily faster than my slash with one less tooth on the pinion/same motor battery combo...runs cooler too...cant wait to race that and my t4 at ryde this sunday....

still cant clear the tabletop triple though,and the sc10 feels so good to drive,i think im going searching for some more HP...yep,a tekin or a venom 13.5 motor...they seem to have plenty of HP

i hit that same sleeper with my slash and it just bounced of it,my B4 wasnt so lucky....really keen to run open mod slash race at ives....Mamba Grunt
Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

I just realised I have to be at the next St Ives meet as I can win the points score for the truck class if I run.

what size Mamba is it Peli? i heard some heat up more than others.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

its a 5700kv mamba muzza.....it does get hot if you gear it silly,like any motor...but when you consider that the thing revs to roughly 45000rpm when running 8v from a 2 cell,its plenty fast....they do get warm,but i think its the bigger ones mainly 6900,7700kv motors that get really got...............................

i run it on 17/ 86 and its good enough to run for 20 mins in my slash getting flogged at castle hill bmx track without melting...im happy with it....i sometimes gear it at 20/86 for hitting big huge jumps,but only run it for 2-3 mins at a time...then gear it at23/86 for a high speed road run...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

if the sc10 hit the bumper then yes it would have survived but it took the wheel solid...i did that in the slash and it ripped the hinge pin out of the gearbox! hehe
im gonna put some GT2 front arms on it for a bit more durablity.

hey peli what have you played with other then the tyres thats working on the sc10??
Old 06-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

silver springs in the rear with 40 weight oil,silver in the front with 30 weight oil...standard sc10 antisquat is 2 degrees,i added another 2 for 4 degrees of antisquat...60 grams of weight at the base of the rear shock tower,K factory -1 degree toe-in rear hubs..think it has 3 degrees of rear toe(think factory is 2..not sure),-2 camber front,-1 rear......long wheelbase setting on rear,Epic beadlocks with new switches on the rear,just need to get rid of the sc10 tyres on the front......not much really....

i just really hated the way it drove standard,where as Ash was telling me he had to really concentrate to stay in front of Roman on Sat night,and El Presidente's sc10 was standard out of the box...to each there own....

as far as durability,i have been trying to clear the triple at ryde with it lately....had some big crashes,really loaded the front of the chassis up,and it is fine...time will tell,but it seems fine to me as far as strength goes....i dont think they will take the full brutal contact a slash can dish out,so racing against a field of slash's may tell a different story...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yep, finally joined in on the action and it was AWESOME fun.
Still couldn't catch Ashley A. though. . . i don't think i ever will, in any class.

Well done Muzza for organising the Slash drivers to race at St.Ives, and i hope it becomes a regular class there.

Originally Posted by muzza_t
A good nights racing at Ryde tonight, 7 trucks on the grid, another new SC10 with el presidente Roman having joined the band wagon.

Roll on Sunday and St Ives, lets show them what Slash racing is with a FULL grid, Come on guys!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

come on champ....even i managed to hassle Ash for the 2 finals at ives...come 2nd to him for the day.....he's not that fast

in reality,Ash was probaly driving slow just so i could keep up

and im just slow
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

i love my SC10...

and Roman,theres already a few fellas on the st ives thread very interested in buying Slash's....must be something to do with how strong they are,something that will come in handy at Ives

may be able to have interclub slash racing if they get some soon...will just have to have a yarn to them about matching our PRO CORR rules....then they could run a full PRO OPEN CORR class as well...which will probably suit them better,becasue u need some big HP and stadium truck tyres to be able to really enjoy the track....

maybe we can run PRO CORR and they could run a PRO OPEN CORR class if the weekends are offset from each other......

SC10 for PRO CORR for me,and my Slash for PRO OPEN CORR at ives with mamba on board if it heads that way....
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Well today was rather shite, well done Peli for a convincing win with the SC10 and a maiden win for SC10 too, also to Ian for winning the 2nd race before the skies opened. I've come to the conclusion that the Stock factory tyres are absolutely SHITE!! but then they are getting rather worn. Mine was such a handful today, I just couldn't get it to hook up anywhere and was well off the pace.

I took the beast home and slotted in the 8.5 and whacked on the wheels from my Losi, all i can say is "Bring on some bashing!!" and "I NEED MORE POWER!!"

ST IVES next Sunday 21st. I know Ian, Steve and Peli will be Crawling for the day, I'm not likely to be running the Slash either as I have to concentrate on running my MF2. Turn up if you want, remember at St Ives you don't have to run the rules we run at Ryde,so unless its really dry there is virtually no traction for the SC tyres so feel free to run whatever you want, and if you want a bit of fun, run whatever motor you want too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.