Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Should be a larf.

I must finish my 11.1v TXT one day...
Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Talking about monster trucks, I found this video, after about 30seconds it shows the high rider corvette, I used to race this way back in the 80's, we had a special section of the track for them to run on, through water over rocks and old car bodies, It was way cool.
I would so love to get my hands on one again as mine went missing while I was backpacking in OZ and the house was sold, someone probably paiod a few quid for it at a car boot sale
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkZ0_Xzfuo
p.s I painted it exactly what the paint scheme as on the video (original artwork)
Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i remember looking at a high rider vette at a hobby shop in perth when i was in high school...heaps cool

was at ryde for a few laps this arvo and murray was there also,as well as another fella with a box stock fabtech slash..and a 1/8th scale elctric buggy.

the buggy was doing massive jumps off the table top.....theres also a new single jump about 1.5 metres after the downramp of the tabletop,my slash lands about 2 lengths from the single/triple down ramp......its a cool jump,that someone with a little more HP than my eraser can manage may be able to clear with a slash

maybe the little single could be made a little larger for the down ramp of the triple.....and if u dont try to clear the whole thing its easy to roll as well

after about 5 mins coming along the straight my back left wheel parted company with my truck it looked really cool the way the tyre just come out from the guard then accelerated past the truck

it then continued the whole length of the straight at about the same speed as murrays slash

but it spat the wheel nut some where,and i didnt have a spare.....

with the new jump,big HP will be handy for clearing the triple
Old 05-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

pity i wasnt there to swing you another wheel nut...haha
deja vu
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

yeah,must be jinxed...that one was even threadlocked....

u racing on the weekend mate
Old 05-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

yea man ill be coming down... its sunday right?
im gonna pop the green beasts cherry with its first race. should look awesome on the track.
have you got your SC10 yet?
ive been trying to get onto shane about that and a few other parts i want to get but he hasnt had his phone on or returned messages..
Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

yeah,i spoke to him last saturday and he still isnt sure when they get here...im still happy to race my slash...and i will be the first person to leave a bit off white paint of yor new shell

just keep trying to get through on the phone,u will eventually get him
Old 05-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rapster402
yea man ill be coming down... its sunday right?
im gonna pop the green beasts cherry with its first race. should look awesome on the track.
have you got your SC10 yet?
ive been trying to get onto shane about that and a few other parts i want to get but he hasnt had his phone on or returned messages..
Shane's been a bit crook, He's had RCitis, a swelling of body parts caused by thinking of toy cars
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

that was a bloody laugh that wheel coming off down the front straight, and yes it was going just as fast as my Slash, but then so it should, its alot lighter!!

I'm heading out for a play Saturday, will be after lunch if anyone else is keen flick me an sms or something, would be cool to run with others rather than by myself
0420 703242
Old 05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know what happens when someone who wants to drive his slash, but its told racing is off due to rain.....
FUN..
i couldnt help it... i really wanted to drive it with the new shell on it...looks awesome rooster tailing dirt and mud!
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond-dirty.jpg  
Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rapster402
does anyone know what happens when someone who wants to drive his slash, but its told racing is off due to rain.....
FUN..
i couldnt help it... i really wanted to drive it with the new shell on it...looks awesome rooster tailing dirt and mud!
cool man thats what it is all about FUN
Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

so much for the race shell aye chris

after racing was cancelled on sunday a few of us hung around for a few hours,about 11.30 the track was good to drive.....had a ball staying well out the way of 2 E-Revos and a Seans 1/8th electric buggy

also Mannuel had his onboard camera in use in his slash,the footage should be good to watch,we did a few laps together

there was quite a few different trucks around,Shane got to drive a 1/8th electric buggy for 5- 10 mins,i give my slash to him drive for 5- 10 mins(lookout when this boy gets a sc10 Dave)and he also virtually stole Mannuels Venom Creeper crawler and went driving that for 10 -15 mins...

it was funny as a comp crawler myself watching some of the fastest guys on the track getting blown away by the Creeper Sean,Ash and Shane couldnt get enough of it ahhhh,the scerenity at 10km-h aye boys....

its a new world to the fellas and they were blown away by how precise and technical that u have to be 2 crawl something properly.......Shane was wrapped about getting to drive a heap of different vechicles....

i really enjoyed watching Ant putting down some very fast laps with his CAT 4wd,very impressive to watch..

anyway,seeya next races boys.....
Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

spewin peli, by the sounds of your message was that no one was going to be there...i would have brought the slash down!!! damn
Old 05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

typical, i buggered off when it poured down hard, by the time i got home the bloody sun was shining

See ya's in 2 weeks time unless i can get a pass for Saturday which i doubt as racing at Snives on Sunday.

oh and i scored a 60amp Ezyrun BL system for $100 last night
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Here is a link to the Snake eye camera.

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0690

It was fun on Saturday having a bash, and I'm glad the guys had fun with the Creeper, I'm a newbie to the format too so keen to pursue it further when I get a chance.

I am in the middle of getting some footage of the slash mixing it up using snake eye on you tube and will attach the link as soon as its done.

Look forward to Saturday and may finally check out St Ives on Sunday too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.