Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the rules are written to say any SCT tyre thats available.....even though i started this subject asking if we should ban them,i would still buy a set for my truck and try them....and a good mate of mine suggested we dont ban anything SCT specific....
Old 04-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
the rules are written to say any SCT tyre thats available.....even though i started this subject asking if we should ban them,i would still buy a set for my truck and try them....and a good mate of mine suggested we dont ban anything SCT specific....
if it is for the slash then we cant really say no, for the mod class that is.
that is where we need to think about the classes, a slash box stock and a mod class where anything goes??????
what do you guys think????
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

agreed dave about the Pro CORR class,anything SCT spec goes for the trucks....this is y i wanted the motor limit left open,Pro should be run what u want,motors included.....all parts for Pro should be open cept for the SCT stuff u have to run,tyres,bodys and race numbers....

and box stock should be standard out of the box.....
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

agreed dave about the Pro CORR class,anything SCT spec goes for the trucks....this is y i wanted the motor limit left open,Pro should be run what u want,motors included.....all parts for Pro should be open cept for the SCT stuff u have to run,tyres,bodys and race numbers....

and box stock should be standard out of the box.....
that is what i invisaged from the start, but everyone complains about the 550 motor!
i dont know, they all run them in the states without any problem.
you going tomorrow night? will have to have further chats about this!!!! just felt like head banging like the old days everyone else is doing it
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

am i missing something...do you guys race saturday afternoon aswell as sundays????
Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rapster402
am i missing something...do you guys race saturday afternoon aswell as sundays????
yes, 1st-3rd and 5th saturday afternoon, from 3pm
2nd and 4th sunday
Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

whos racing this saturday night?....im taking the slash,and maybe my b4 8.5 turn mod buggy...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blue hornet.
that is what i invisaged from the start, but everyone complains about the 550 motor!
i dont know, they all run them in the states without any problem.
you going tomorrow night? will have to have further chats about this!!!! just felt like head banging like the old days everyone else is doing it
yep im going tomorrow.....will have a yarn....

its funny how the yanks love the titan motors,yet here in aus they die pretty quickly,though i think the locked diff in mine might have overloaded the motors,but the yanks kav been locking there diffs with out problems...though yors is going strong..same with steve and ians motors...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i'll be there Saturday, still haven't fixed that rear shock i blew apart last week yet.
i'll wind back the boost on the tekin too, might make the slash more drivable.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

what brushless system have u got in yor slash muzza?im a big fan of tekinrun an fx-r in my crawler,awesome speedy, the best crawler speedy available at the moment....besides mamba max's programmability,but the fx-r is half the size of the mamba
Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

what brushless system have u got in yor slash muzza?im a big fan of tekinrun an fx-r in my crawler,awesome speedy, the best crawler speedy available at the moment....besides mamba max's programmability,but the fx-r is half the size of the mamba
Its a Tekin RS. great lil system, couple it to the Hotwire unit and a PC and you can change all the timing and so much more. Ive only got it coupled to a shitty Novak fixed timing motor at the mo, need to find a Tekin 13.5 then i can mix the motor timing and ESC timing.

See ya this arvo.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

hows this for wierd boys.....i decided to go to ryde for a few laps with toddy,jess coz and ian....2 slashes,a Losi mf2,a HPI Firestorm Flux and a Lazer zx5...we had a ball running a few laps chasing each other...was heaps of fun chasing and passing each other while having a laugh....cept toddy broke his Losi shitter

we just kept running laps and me and ian had a ball racing each other in 10 -20 min heats...i reckon we need a longer heat time,5 mins just isnt enough...10 mins would be good

also,i was running my mamba max speedy and the stockspec LRP 13.5 motor....

after 20 mins,or a whole 5000mah 30c lipo...the speedy was ice cool(go the mambabest ya can get IMO),but the motor,and keep in mind the motor didnt lose power till the mamba hit lipo cutoff,hit 295F...i new i was pushing it running it for 20 mins without letting it cool,but i had a new 13.5 ready to go in,so i thought i would really push the Eraser 13.5...i knew the mamba would handle it...i am,and so were the boys there, amazed that the LRP motor didnt melt,kept running,didnt lose any power,didnt thermal,and just kept going.....295 farken degrees...well,i know now that i can gear it up for my 5 min heats for more speedand i can throw the temp gun in the bin

this is one of my first BL motors,and i really didnt want to push the mamba system,so i thought after blowing the LRP speedy that i would give this LRP motor a floggging and see how hard i could push it....they are a strong thing..and at 90 bucks i dont care if it turns into a puff of blue smoke...i will be buying another LRP brushless motor,they are strong
Old 05-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like a good outing today Peli! Did you go to racing on Saturday? My plans had a last minute change so I couldn't make it.
Ive reverted back to the stock motor and ESC in my slash while i send my Novak away to get fixed. I've had to put the tekin back in my MF2 and get it tuned for racing in Maitland at the end of the month.

I rebuilt my shocks today, will be interesting to see how they go with 80wt oil all round, front 2 holes, rear 3 holes Just using what i have kicking around in the man cave

A couple of questions;
What pinion is everyone running with the stock set up?
Has anyone done the diff mod and filled it with oil? if so, how is it done, i'd love to get rid of the 1 wheel takeoffs and swapping ends when going in a straight line
Old 05-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Sounds like a good outing today Peli! Did you go to racing on Saturday? My plans had a last minute change so I couldn't make it.
Ive reverted back to the stock motor and ESC in my slash while i send my Novak away to get fixed. I've had to put the tekin back in my MF2 and get it tuned for racing in Maitland at the end of the month.

I rebuilt my shocks today, will be interesting to see how they go with 80wt oil all round, front 2 holes, rear 3 holes Just using what i have kicking around in the man cave

A couple of questions;
What pinion is everyone running with the stock set up?
Has anyone done the diff mod and filled it with oil? if so, how is it done, i'd love to get rid of the 1 wheel takeoffs and swapping ends when going in a straight line
had a blast today murray..it was good relaxing fun

as for the diff mod mate,i tryed 350,000 weight diff oil in my diff,it killed 2 motors in as many race days....i put o rings under the sun gears after countersinking the outdrive holes,then filled the diff,and run a bead of silicon around the outside seam to keep it in there.the diff was nice,but hard to drive with mate...good drive off the start line,and out of corners,but it made me slower,becasue i couldnt get on the throttle as quick,or as hard out of slow corners,and it would fishy the length of the straight all the time.....the best thing i did was take it out, now my truck is quick,and handles really well,pity i cant drive it

i hate the one wheel action in the sweepers,so i drained the oil,then left the orings behind the sun gears,or outdrives....it stopped the 1 wheel action,it sort of turned it into a LSD diff,it preloads the outdrives,therefore they spin at a similar rate too each other...it spins both wheels most times,but under real load,it will allow the inside wheel to spin a bit faster...i really like it,off the line it just launches,reasonably straight too...will be keeping the orings in there i think,and replacing them when they wear out..
Old 05-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

and coz,toddy and jess..cheers for the 2 longnecks u left behind for me there in the fridge staying cold for a arvo after work.....and i know what we can do with yor mf2 and yor 2nd mf2 chassis toddy.....u will end up with what u wanted,a Losi CORR truck mate....i can show u how too cut and shut yor 2 chassis together if u like...then add a CORR body,side nerf bars,bumpers(we can make the brackets to mount slash bumpers) and wheels and tyres....then u have Losi SCF 2

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.