Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The Losi SCT looks awesome Peli.
The black shocks are cool.
About time they got on board the SCT express.
The Strike was just a basher compared to this.
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond-losb0106bd_a27.jpg   Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond-losb0106bd_a29.jpg  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

new losi looks heaps better then the old one.... how did the get the first one soooooo wrong in everyway...when they could have done this first time round... so much more realistic, the other one looked like a goofy half arsed radioshack toy
Old 10-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roman
The Losi SCT looks awesome Peli.
The black shocks are cool.
About time they got on board the SCT express.
The Strike was just a basher compared to this.
Whos going to be the first to buy one....
Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

went down to the track last saturday to have some fun and practice with the sc10.. had a great time running around the track getting back into the swing of it... there was about 6 or so sc trucks down there too which was a ball to be able to muck around for as long as we wanted without the 5 minute heats... great fun! to the sc10 fellas out there what have you been doing with the diffs? just using black grease or is something better suited to ryde?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys,
i havent been on here for a while, and ive got too much stuff on to make it up to Ryde. But me and my friends made a video in the holidays, and i thought some of you might like to take a look.
The footage from Ryde was like a year ago so yea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgmM1RXGV74

Enjoy

Last edited by Lawso; 10-13-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: OOPS forgot the link... haha
Old 10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lawso
hey guys,
i havent been on here for a while, and ive got too much stuff on to make it up to Ryde. But me and my friends made a video in the holidays, and i thought some of you might like to take a look.
The footage from Ryde was like a year ago so yea...

Enjoy
linkie not workie??
Old 10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by littlejohn
linkie not workie??
Should now
Old 10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Good video Lawso, i like the part where the dog was chasing the truck, then the truck was chasing the dog.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Tyres

Just wondering why there don't seem to be any 'ribbed' style front tyres for SC? I have come across some Proline Mohawks but they seem to be designed for snow\sand. Is there a rule against them or have I just not been looking hard enough?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys was just womdering if anyone actually races the traxxas slash 4x4 ,

Ive been looking for an offroad car to bash and maybe some racing i like the look of the slash but ive done some reading on this thread and it seems like the 2wheel drives especially the sc10 are very popular

what sort of numbers are racing with you guys regulary in 2 wheel drive and 4wd classes?

cheers shane
Old 10-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nic_Aus
Just wondering why there don't seem to be any 'ribbed' style front tyres for SC? I have come across some Proline Mohawks but they seem to be designed for snow\sand. Is there a rule against them or have I just not been looking hard enough?
I think in the ROAR rules they made ribbed front tyres illegal....and tyres had to have tread or blocks,or pins

Originally Posted by Auskenny

Ive been looking for an offroad car to bash and maybe some racing i like the look of the slash but ive done some reading on this thread and it seems like the 2wheel drives especially the sc10 are very popular

what sort of numbers are racing with you guys regulary in 2 wheel drive and 4wd classes?

cheers shane
Hey champ.......the Slash 4wd isnt very popular at Ryde,and to be honest,they handle like dogs.....but the Ofna Hyper 10SC 4wd is,theres probably 4-6 floating around....

Very tough trucks,and cheaper than Slash4wd...

Race day numbers..we dont often get more than 3 4wds rock up to race....but,in saying that,if you bought 1 the fella's would bring there's

2wd SCT.....anywhere from 6-20 trucks,sometimes more..but normally at least a whole heat....as the weather warms up,we will see more people racing,so numbers go up again...

For a 2wd SC racer,u really cant go past SC10...plain and simple,BULLLETPROOF when built correctly,and fast,and handle great with a little work

The Kyosho Ultima SC is probably slightly better than SC10,but hard to get parts for,unless you order from the US....after seeing a few new gen Kyosho trucks and buggys lately,im guessing the things are great racers,and would be worth buying

Theres also the new Venom Gambler coming out in the next month......definetely wirth having a good look at too..should have some goood potential...
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

cheers shane
i own both a sc10 and a slash 4x4. i race the sc10 as its just beautiful to drive on a track, and i bash the slash 4x4... the 4x4 is great fun strapping big motors and batteries in and holding down the trigger. for racing id stick to the 2wd...the real fun is in the numbers, and the 2wd class is definatly more popular
Old 10-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Somehow Traxxas made the 4x4 an unrepentant pig to try and drive on a racetrack. I don't know how they got it that wrong.... Maybe with the center diff it'd be better, but I am really, really REALLY disappointed with mine. I could not get it to behave, not matter what.

Get one of the 2WD's to race, like rapster says.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

so how tought are these sc10, could one be used for general bashing aswell as some racing?

what model is the best one to buy the rtr brushless version or thr FT edition, i dont need the radio etc as ive got my DX3R but what motor esc is the best if i got the FT?

cheers shane
Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

so how tought are these sc10, could one be used for general bashing aswell as some racing?

what model is the best one to buy the rtr brushless version or thr FT edition, i dont need the radio etc as ive got my DX3R but what motor esc is the best if i got the FT?

cheers shane
If you want to race as well.. then a 13.5T and a speedy with dynamic timing like a Mamba Max Pro or a Tekin RS will be the G.O.
Seeing that you already have a pretty nice radio, I'd go a FT and give the rtr a miss. You'll just end up with stuff you'll never use. and spend more on upgrades.

I don't own one, but the way I see Peli drive his, they look pretty tough.

Last edited by littlejohn; 10-22-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.