Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man,i had a blast today with my Sc10.....the love of it is coming back,i got boost,and HP

Had a wicked drive in the last final,chasing Dr Ben 'Ze Sneeke" around

I dont care if i snap it in half trying,but im going to get the down ramp of that halfpipe if it kills me..or Warhorse
Old 09-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

New Durango DESC 410R

Pro 4 class will be waken up now........this thing has some new rango stuff that the buggys dont get

Captured F/R Mid shaft pins,so no more punctured lipo cells!!!
FAT Shocks....Big Bore
Slipper driven Centre diff
Plastic,and Alloy capped side plates...
More room for motors in the front end...550 cans will fit

And the wicked durability that Durango has.......just hope it doesnt come with the plastic arm holders.....something this heavy and fast needs alloy there

Im thinking this is better engineered than the original DEX410....the captured pins should have been a standard part on the first kit....

All that leaves for Durango to make is the 2wd buggy,2wd Stadium Truck and 2wd SC Truck.......
Attached Thumbnails Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond-desc410r_high_rear_n.jpg  

Last edited by Peli; 09-19-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

hey guys long time no see.. ive been overseas for nearly 4 months and been out of the loop for a while.. so many cars on the market these days which ones are the performers??

also peli what engine and tyres you running? i was never too impressed with the duo2 we got, it kept getting bloody hot on me after a few mins with normal gearing, no timing on can or esc!! dunno what its problem it, but i havent run it in a while so ill give it another go.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great fun racing Pro2 today, I'm now up for some new rear tyres and was wondering what type people are finding work the best with the current track conditions?
I am considering getting some Calibers because I have been happy with the grip and long life on my T4.. But considering the tyre rules:
"Tires: Open to all SCT specific tires fitting dimensions."
Does 'SCT specific' mean that Calibers arent legal? Or is it just refering to dimensions rather than tread pattern?

Cheers
Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Yep,just dimensions Nic

Any SCT tyre is legal.....Tyres,i really like Bowties,i think they are a great practise/race tyre.......The Holeshots are better,but wear heaps quicker....

Did you just end up swapping the servo arm over between trucks?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rapster402
hey guys long time no see.. ive been overseas for nearly 4 months and been out of the loop for a while.. so many cars on the market these days which ones are the performers??

also peli what engine and tyres you running? i was never too impressed with the duo2 we got, it kept getting bloody hot on me after a few mins with normal gearing, no timing on can or esc!! dunno what its problem it, but i havent run it in a while so ill give it another go.
Hey Chris...longtime no see mate,good to hear yor enjoying life

Performers...depends on whos driving it really...SC10 still kicks ass,has occasional issues with this Losi contraption

I will take the Trinity of yor hands,and test it to see if its fine or not.....
Im running a 13.5 from N%#*K......seems ok
I blew my Sphere and Trinity up 6 months ago

Got another Sphere back in it,and the above 13.5,with some boost running through it,i blew a 10.5 in a good dragrace today..managed to get around and past it LRP grunt

Tyres,anything from proline pretty much...i have a set of M4 Bowties here that have done 10-12 meets
Old 09-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
Yep,just dimensions Nic

Any SCT tyre is legal.....Tyres,i really like Bowties,i think they are a great practise/race tyre.......The Holeshots are better,but wear heaps quicker....

Did you just end up swapping the servo arm over between trucks?
Bowties are the ones I have been running, but I have forgotten if they were M3 or M2 compound and all the text on the sidewalls are worn away... Maye I'll get one set of those and another of Calibers just to see how they go.

Thanks for the swapping idea btw, it seems so obvious I cant believe I hadn't already thought of it!! I did try swapping the arm over but even with 0 trim the servo was still overloading(?) my reciever so I think it had just had too much of running with 90 trim setting and given up. I've got an okay servo I scavenged out of my retired B44 that I will put in and see how it goes.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Peli
Hey Chris...longtime no see mate,good to hear yor enjoying life

Performers...depends on whos driving it really...SC10 still kicks ass,has occasional issues with this Losi contraption

I will take the Trinity of yor hands,and test it to see if its fine or not.....
Im running a 13.5 from N%#*K......seems ok
I blew my Sphere and Trinity up 6 months ago

Got another Sphere back in it,and the above 13.5,with some boost running through it,i blew a 10.5 in a good dragrace today..managed to get around and past it LRP grunt

Tyres,anything from proline pretty much...i have a set of M4 Bowties here that have done 10-12 meets
cool stuff.. once i settle back into aus ill get the sc10 back together and head down for a few races. i have m2/m3 bowties and m2 calibers.
well run this 13.5 see if its good or not.. i wish the sc10 took 12mm hex wheels easily all round, would make swapping tyres between cars easier.
i wanna do a new paint job too, get my hands on some of these cool bodies out now...thinkin 09 championship body with chev grill and lights off manta
Old 09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How are you able to get boost out of a non boost/timing esc ?? Is there a hack for the lrp sphere like that guys esc on you tube ??
Old 09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GHOST DRIVER

How are you able to get boost out of a non boost/timing esc ?? Is there a hack for the lrp sphere like that guys esc on you tube ??
Isnt that what the dynamic throttle profiles are on a TC Spec??
I think its banned from the stock speedy list thats being proposed for the new stock class for 2011...

And if i drop a tooth or 2 and turn the profiles up its goes like a rocket

I no its not programmable boost/turbo like Tekin/Mamba/KO/new LRP but isnt it static based,and just adds a few more degrees of timing with each profile increase?

Last edited by Peli; 09-26-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I have a traxxas slash 2wd, just wondering if you still race these?
if so, what do i need to know, when and where etc? im interested in getting into racing...i've never done it before.

thanks heaps..

Cheers
Martin
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We sure do every 1st and 3rd Saturday afternoon/evening and every 2nd and 4th Sunday daytime.

For further details go to http://www.sydneyrc.com/. But basically you will need a charger, an extra battery, extra crystals (if using AM/FM radio) and an old table and chair, so you aren't working on the ground all day, and you are pretty well set to go.

To make things easier on the day pre-register on the website and trhen all you have to do on the day is pay.

See you there.

Nick
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by halo123
Hi Guys,

I have a traxxas slash 2wd, just wondering if you still race these?
if so, what do i need to know, when and where etc? im interested in getting into racing...i've never done it before.

thanks heaps..

Cheers
Martin
Maybe get a decent set of tyres if you dont already..... Proline Bowties or Calibers are popular...
And a 13.5 sensored system from yor favourite brand if you want to go brushless
Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Just reading some info on the new Durango DESC410...
They reckon 85-90 percent of the parts are interchangeable with the buggys.....

Makes running 1 real cheap if you already run the buggy

Them diffs are going to feel some pain though....2+kg,more traction and way more power with 550 motors
Old 10-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Seano,dont get too worked up now.......The new Losi XXX SCT has just been released
U can ditch the alloy pig i made you!!

Check the flames on the roof........

The wheels are sick looking....love how realistic they look,and there got a hex adaptor in them with a bearing...will fit SC10

I think this looks fantastic,considering how bad the strike looked

http://www.losi.com/Products/Product...dID=LOSB0106BD

Last edited by Peli; 10-07-2010 at 06:03 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.