Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 02-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Geez, Ian had a massive lead in that race, with a slash too
imagine what he would do to us with a well setup SC10 in Mr Plows hands...scared to think about it really....would be just a race for 2nd im guessing
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Kyosho Ultima is only $209 now Peli
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

stop it brenno...u know i have a red heart underneath my AE shirt

think the Ultima SC is going to be a serious weapon....Kyosho grade weapon

absolutely love it....would be great to have 2 of these in the mancave...look what ya started brenno,now i'm feeling the Kyosho warmth....aaaaaaaahhhhhhh...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brenos
Kyosho Ultima is only $209 now Peli
is that AU or US $$$$$$$
Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

After reading the mammoth post by Peli, I have to say that I am happy with where things are heading with SCT racing at Ryde if this is how things are going to be. And this is despite my initial concerns about Ryde SCT racing becoming too serious and cut-throat when I heard HW 13t’s where being outlawed. The things that enticed me to go buy and race SCT was the fact that the SCT class at Ryde was all about being, quote Peli “FUN, COMPETITIVE, CHEAP, FAST, SUCCESSFUL, ENTERTAINING”, as well as the fact that Ryde wants to maintain and preserve the SPIRIT of CORR by mandating the use of SCT bodies and tyres. I love the way that they actually ressemble, both in the way they look and handle, like the awesome 1/1scale CORR trucks. As I want to be in 13.5t, this is where most of my concern and thus opinions will lie, although ATM it seems to be a real good formula. No frills (minimal mods), but fair, fun and reliable racing.

Speaking of 13.5t, and the fact I want to run in it, I am now seeking to buy a good second-hand 540-size 13.5t brushless system (was thinking about buying new with intention of running it in stock offroad/onroad racing in the future to stretch my hard earned money further, but now unlikely) to replace the brand new HW ESC I bought last week after I stuffed my old one up accidently. However, I also want to race for results in the Ryde SCT pointscore as it is my first time racing RC ever. But in the meantime, and until I get the 540-size 13.5t, is it possible to continue using my HW system?? By no means do I want to cause a fuss, I just want to race while I can/want to.

Also, I found out my 35A HW ESC is SENSORLESS. So a noobish question, can I run a sensored Novak SS Pro motor with this sensorless ESC problem free, or does the motor need to be ‘sensored’ to run problem free??

If not, does anyone have a sensored ESC in good nick BTW?

Last edited by trackster; 02-09-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Another question added
Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
is that AU or US $$$$$$$
US Steve
But then shipping an RTR from the US is normally over $100 US
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackster

Also, I found out my 35A HW ESC is SENSORLESS. So a noobish question, can I run a sensored Novak SS Pro motor with this sensorless ESC problem free, or does the motor need to be ‘sensored’ to run problem free??
The Novak SS doesn't like running without the sensor cable so you need a sensored ESC.

I've got a new ZTW 150Amp ESC that runs sensored or sensorless with a 10.5 and programming card for $150 if you're interested.

Last edited by muzza_t; 02-10-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjzfg-ieDlM

Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That video is so awesome peli! The sound those engines make is just magic!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackster
After reading the mammoth post by Peli, I have to say that I am happy with where things are heading with SCT racing at Ryde if this is how things are going to be. And this is despite my initial concerns about Ryde SCT racing becoming too serious and cut-throat when I heard HW 13t’s where being outlawed. The things that enticed me to go buy and race SCT was the fact that the SCT class at Ryde was all about being, quote Peli “FUN, COMPETITIVE, CHEAP, FAST, SUCCESSFUL, ENTERTAINING”, as well as the fact that Ryde wants to maintain and preserve the SPIRIT of CORR by mandating the use of SCT bodies and tyres. I love the way that they actually ressemble, both in the way they look and handle, like the awesome 1/1scale CORR trucks. As I want to be in 13.5t, this is where most of my concern and thus opinions will lie, although ATM it seems to be a real good formula. No frills (minimal mods), but fair, fun and reliable racing.

Speaking of 13.5t, and the fact I want to run in it, I am now seeking to buy a good second-hand 540-size 13.5t brushless system (was thinking about buying new with intention of running it in stock offroad/onroad racing in the future to stretch my hard earned money further, but now unlikely) to replace the brand new HW ESC I bought last week after I stuffed my old one up accidently. However, I also want to race for results in the Ryde SCT pointscore as it is my first time racing RC ever. But in the meantime, and until I get the 540-size 13.5t, is it possible to continue using my HW system?? By no means do I want to cause a fuss, I just want to race while I can/want to.

If not, does anyone have a sensored ESC in good nick BTW?
Shane Edwards and Nick Mate have both used sensored motors with sensorless ESC's.
Nick has used the same HW 35a with one of his sensored 13.5's and said it was quite smooth.

You should be able to buy a second hand 13.5 easily as we used to use them for stock at Ryde last year but this year 2wd and 4wd stock is strictly 17.5 .
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you want more information on sensored and sensorless brushless motors and ESC's then go to www.sydneyrc.com and download our September 2009 newsletter.
There is an article written by Shane Edwards about the subject and he says this should answer some recent questions.

http://www.sydneyrc.com/2009/Newslet...Newsletter.pdf
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Peli
Thats the vid i saw 4 months back and i told you about. Awesome hay
I think there's another one that goes for 10mins, but i cant find it.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Dan,from when Metzger says "the sound" at 1:24 onwards is pure V8 magic mate

gives me a warm fuzzy feeling...i used to race a V8 Torana in S.Aus....Dirt Circuit racing,like Ryde a bit with no jumps....5 minute heats....loved the sound of the 308 holden screaming inside the caged Torana with no insulation or carpet,it was so LOUD,but SO GOOD

i would sell my soul to get to drive a 1:1 Pro 4 in anger for a season

surely is Brenno....watched it a few times since then!!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

man this thread has gone bananas...
ill keep mine short and sweet.
i reakon we keep to our initial rulings and SC specific wheels/tyres/parts are a go....
SC bodys etc
i think 13.5 is good for the 2wd's, but i think the 4wds should be open speedy, motor and battery... you have 4wd now so lets have fun.
like peli said, 3s lipo will allow slower motors geared well to make an efficient car... you cant really overpower these things for an advantage, so i dont think an open motor limit will change the competitiveness...you still have to be able to get power down and steer it.
the 4wd needs higher voltage to push the bloody thing, im over motors getting hot.
the guys in the states have been doing very well with these 4wd's so i dont think anything is wrong with them, they are new...its a learning curve.
and to whoever said a 2wd beat the 4wd...well that aint the car, its the driver...give that driver the 4wd and he would have made a mockery of everyone.

so lets have a good old peli vote..
i think 2wd is sorted

so pro 4x4
SC specific tyres and parts vs. open tyres
Open motor/battery/ESC vs. motor/battery limit
Old 02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli

i would sell my soul to get to drive a 1:1 Pro 4 in anger for a season
First you would need one to sell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.