Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond >

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
  #1516  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Geez, Ian had a massive lead in that race, with a slash too
muzza_t is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:05 AM
  #1517  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Geez, Ian had a massive lead in that race, with a slash too
muzz,
why you selling all your stuff,
what are you going to race this year
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:07 AM
  #1518  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker
I am making an open appeal to the committee here.

Please, when you set the regulations for 4WD CORR, please allow the use of 1/8th buggy wheels and tyres.

The reasoning behind this plea is that from attempting to drive my bone stock SLash 4x4 at the last meeting is that in my opinion out of the box they have too much power for "SC" tyres. The stock tyres are hard enough to hold their shape under acceleration, but yield little grip. "Proper" SC tyres (I was running Goosebumps) expand and bloat like drag tyres under the power a stock Slash 4x4 puts out on a 2S lipo. This causes the truck to become erratic and very unstable, and I do not believe there will be much "on the edge" racing due to the tyre problem and will not be as popular as the current "Pro2" 13.5 class we have.

Steven
So let me get this right, what you are saying is that the Slash 4x4 is a pretty crap car and requires major modification outside of it's basic specification and scale to make it raceable to the same standard as the old car.

Let me put this analogy: when I was younger I used to race a Moth single crew, single sail, scull, it was pretty quick but was also very unstable when running with the wind. It would have been a lot faster and more stable with with a jib and a crew member and a pointed bow, but then it wouldn't have been a Moth.

Just some food for thought and I am definitely NOT speaking on behalf of the committee, I honestly don't know what the rest of the guys think about this issue.

Nick
nckmat is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM
  #1519  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nckmat
So let me get this right, what you are saying is that the Slash 4x4 is a pretty crap car and requires major modification outside of it's basic specification and scale to make it raceable to the same standard as the old car.

Let me put this analogy: when I was younger I used to race a Moth single crew, single sail, scull, it was pretty quick but was also very unstable when running with the wind. It would have been a lot faster and more stable with with a jib and a crew member and a pointed bow, but then it wouldn't have been a Moth.

Just some food for thought and I am definitely NOT speaking on behalf of the committee, I honestly don't know what the rest of the guys think about this issue.

Nick
don't worry Steven, Nick's just venting, he gets a bit cranky when he goes and spends money when he shouldn't have at hobby shops,
what colour's the boat
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 AM
  #1520  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
muzz,
why you selling all your stuff,
what are you going to race this year
only sold the b44 and the sc10, kept my 2 Losi MF2's.

I'll race here and there, got other more important things to worry about than playing with toy cars
muzza_t is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:21 AM
  #1521  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Badmuthatrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,567
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nckmat
So let me get this right, what you are saying is that the Slash 4x4 is a pretty crap car and requires major modification outside of it's basic specification and scale to make it raceable to the same standard as the old car.

Let me put this analogy: when I was younger I used to race a Moth single crew, single sail, scull, it was pretty quick but was also very unstable when running with the wind. It would have been a lot faster and more stable with with a jib and a crew member and a pointed bow, but then it wouldn't have been a Moth.

Just some food for thought and I am definitely NOT speaking on behalf of the committee, I honestly don't know what the rest of the guys think about this issue.

Nick
So you are saying you have big opinions about a class you haven't gone anywhere near and have zero experience in? You were not even there to see it run.

Lesson here is not to approach any topic in a polite and sensible manner

Go team Ryde.

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
don't worry Steven, Nick's just venting, he gets a bit cranky when he goes and spends money when he shouldn't have at hobby shops,
what colour's the boat
Nice try Steveo, but You can't retract someone else's opinion.

Last edited by Badmuthatrucker; 02-09-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Badmuthatrucker is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 AM
  #1522  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

thinking about what Nick had to say and im not against the idea of allowing the 1/8 tyres, i have no opinion, but theres got to be more wrong than the tyres when Derek can beat all the 4x4 slash's with a bog stock standard 2wd slash, im not trying to be silly and im not saying anything bad other than there must be more wrong with the 4x4 slashs than just the tyres, an interesting comparison would have been the 4x4 running the standard motor and seen how it went up against the 2wd, maybe the class needs fixing not the tyres, or allow the 1/8 tyres too ie. 4x4 SCT 13.5 or maybe the 10.5 motor and allow 1/8 tyres or slash tyres

(bunch of pigeons just had a cat thrown in, LOL)

oh yeah i had a few cans tonight
NOFX is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 AM
  #1523  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Badmuthatrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,567
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

He drove that very well.

Not taking anything away form that victory but it stands to show that there is a problem.
Badmuthatrucker is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 AM
  #1524  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NOFX
thinking about what Nick had to say and im not against the idea of allowing the 1/8 tyres, i have no opinion, but theres got to be more wrong than the tyres when Derek can beat all the 4x4 slash's with a bog stock standard 2wd slash, im not trying to be silly and im not saying anything bad other than there must be more wrong with the 4x4 slashs than just the tyres, an interesting comparison would have been the 4x4 running the standard motor and seen how it went up against the 2wd, maybe the class needs fixing not the tyres, or allow the 1/8 tyres too ie. 4x4 SCT 13.5 or maybe the 10.5 motor and allow 1/8 tyres or slash tyres

(bunch of pigeons just had a cat thrown in, LOL)

oh yeah i had a few cans tonight
Not the only one Mikey
My opinion is let SC guys decide SC rules and at this moment there are only 2 committee members with SC Trucks
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 AM
  #1525  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 2,704
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Nec,nice vid mate,sorry i didnt post it because i couldn t get the link to work u sent me

now,4wd SCT.......before it all gets too carryed away,im thinking we run the class with SCT tyres(i would rather keep it this way,HATE SCT's running them 1/8th combos,looks shit!!!!).....

reason y,well they have only done one race,so i think that maybe there should be a few more rounds run before a major decision is made on them...if the SCT tyres keep blowing up,we will look at 1/8th tyres and wheels

the Yanks are having no issues with the SCT tyres and there running 2s power with 6.5's most commonly

Steve,u were running beadlocks werent u?didnt they just peel off the rims....

and also,HPI make belted SCT tyres that are halfway between a M3 Bowtie and a M3 Caliber for grip levels,probably worth looking at....

i havnt got a Pro 4 SCT yet,Haydn give me a drive of his,thats it.......but i do spend a bit of time reading the US threads on them.....

Hope i havnt trod on anyones toes writing this.....bugger it,thats not me.....Deal with it peoples

my 5 cents
Peli is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:58 AM
  #1526  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,502
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Not the only one Mikey
My opinion is let SC guys decide SC rules and at this moment there are only 2 committee members with SC Trucks

Hehe sweet Steve, i went up to the pub, someone buys me a double bourbon, it was nice, so i bought another, and now home, woodstock is my mate

Originally Posted by Peli
Nec,nice vid mate,sorry i didnt post it because i couldn t get the link to work u sent me

now,4wd SCT.......before it all gets too carryed away,im thinking we run the class with SCT tyres(i would rather keep it this way,HATE SCT's running them 1/8th combos,looks shit!!!!).....

reason y,well they have only done one race,so i think that maybe there should be a few more rounds run before a major decision is made on them...if the SCT tyres keep blowing up,we will look at 1/8th tyres and wheels

the Yanks are having no issues with the SCT tyres and there running 2s power with 6.5's most commonly

Steve,u were running beadlocks werent u?didnt they just peel off the rims....

and also,HPI make belted SCT tyres that are halfway between a M3 Bowtie and a M3 Caliber for grip levels,probably worth looking at....

i havnt got a Pro 4 SCT yet,Haydn give me a drive of his,thats it.......but i do spend a bit of time reading the US threads on them.....

Hope i havnt trod on anyones toes writing this.....bugger it,thats not me.....Deal with it peoples

my 5 cents
thats an excellent post Peli, seriously good contribution
NOFX is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
  #1527  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

how popular will 4corr be?
sensible peli, see what happens, shit did I just call Justin SENSIBLE
fu*k I must be more drunk than the fly which landed in my drink
oh one more thing...


ONLY GIRLS DRIVE SC TRUCKS
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:01 AM
  #1528  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

How about a new website called


PISSTECH
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 AM
  #1529  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 2,704
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

MY SC10 will drive ANYTHING u name and u Drive off the track PMPB

see what i did there with the P.M.P.B Geezer

me sensible....yeah,i dont let it out that often.....might change that frame of mind,be back soon
Peli is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 03:03 AM
  #1530  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Badmuthatrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 1,567
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Look kiddies, someone who put thought into his argument ^ Yay.

Yeas, beadlocks. Although, the new design does not have the slack of the old type and should not of let go.

I can tell you when it did - Truck marooned on the ag pipe, so the tyres ballooned right up when I was trying to free it. They did not peel from cornering loads like the old Epics did.

To answer Nick's point of "out of scale", 1/8th buggy tyres are actually smaller in some instances than SC tyres. They are just designed to handle much higher centrifugal force.

.... and yes, they look shit.... But, I know form experience that anything much more than what we run will blow a SC tyre on 2S.
Badmuthatrucker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.