Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric racing in perth

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

hey
yes we do run run mod but you have to work your way up the ranks (well sorta)

ive never hurd of the losi tires.
most of the people use sorex 20 on rear and 24 on front.
i personaly use sorex 20's on the rear and take offs 27 on the front.
ive hurd (only on the forum) that people have luck with take off 22's but that is at other tracks.
the 22's are ment to be very close to the sorex 20's
i will try out sorex 24's on the front this tuesday and tell u what the 24 on front and 20's on rear are like.
mind u the 20's are gettin pritty old.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

G'day Adrian,

I am the race controller and webmaster from PRECC, I have just gotten back from Melbourne.

I see that u have been to the website.

Yes we are carpet, bit more challenging but heaps of fun. The directions to the club are in the location page. We race every week on a Tuesday night.

Track setup and packup starts at around 5.30-5.45 and that is when most of the drivers start to arive, so try and get there around then and get a table. Or if u ring Glenn, or Boris we might be able to arrange something (Glenn is my dad).

I will open nominations when the track is starting to look complete. No practise until the track is open. Racing will start after the drivers meeting dependes how many nominations I have to take.

Acid Rain is right (thanks mate) the drivers must work their way up through the classes. We have 2 stock classes (the starting ground) then we have Pro Stock Foam and Pro Stock Rubber the next step up where u choose to run on foam or rubber tyres. Then is Pro Stock Elite, only hand picked drivers or drivers with good skill can get in (that is where I race) and then there is super. and we also have a F1 class.

Is you get there early, if u are a good driver come and speak to me (Dale, the 16 yr old with a slight limp) Glenn or Boris and we may let u do a timed session to go into one of the pro stock classes.

As for other clubs there is one in Bunbury I don't know how often they raace though, they are not far from M River. As far as I am aware we are then only on road electric clubs around. There are many off road clubs, and there is a nitro or-road club as well.

That is as much information that I can think of. Who did u email anyway?? And what club are u from??

I am not aware of anyone running the losi tyres. I am the only one in Elite that runs ruber tyres, I use 24 on the front and 20's on the rear (Sorex)

If you need any help email me [email protected]

Dale - Perth Radio Electric Car Club, Race Controller

Last edited by Perth_RECC; 10-13-2003 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Early next year there will be a new indoor racing complex opening in Perth. The complex will incorporate an on road track and an off road track, as well as 3 slot car tracks. There will be a hobby shop at the track so you can get all your gear for racing.

They will be having a grand opening, to mark the opening they will be holding a team enduro race, 4 drivers per team. At the moment it is planned that the winning team will receive a touring car kit each.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Where about is this going to be??

And who is running it??

Dale - Perth Radio Electric Car Club, Race Controller
Old 10-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Have heard about this new indoor track too! Don't quite know much or where it is though but I am definitely looking forward to it as it will be the first permanent indoor on road and off road track in WA! Rumours has it that these guys are investing a lot of money into this project with all top end equipment!

Will keep you guys posted as soon as I hear anything!

Have not heard about any race that they will be organising but I bet it's going to be a cracker!
Old 10-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

We are planning in the future to get our own venue, but it will take time.

Who are u guys any way??

I know u are from perth and come down to precc what are u names??

Dale

Last edited by Perth_RECC; 10-15-2003 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Don't quite know for sure because according to rumours, it is not just a hobby shop getting involve but some other organisation too. It is probably going to be a joint venture of some sort. I have raced in PRECC some time back but have backed off the hobby a bit but after I have heard about this new track, I will take my old car out of the shed afterall!

I have not been to that hobby shop yet, how about you? I have heard a lot about these guys though and that their stuff is very reasonably priced too.

Do you know the guys from Ryper Hobbies well?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

p

Last edited by Perth_RECC; 10-15-2003 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Hey,
Thanks heaps for the replys.
I will ring the guys up tommorow.
As for beeing compeditive i race at templstowe in vic, were the national champo races, one of the most compeditive tracks in Aus.
I race stock (27t) and im usually in the top 5.
cant wiat to race with you guys, and does anyone know much about the margret river tack?
Old 10-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Rookie

i race at the bunbury track and we will be racing on the 2nd of November. we nomally start getting there a 8:30am and racing begines at 9:30am during that time there is pactice and nominations. we run stock, pro stock and mod. u will need to bring your own table. rubber tyres sould work fine but most people run foam. i will post a map on how to get there on friday. i will double check that we are racing on the 2nd on friday.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

margret river, I am not sure about.

I haven't heard that they have been running.

We tried to contact a few clubs last year.

But I got this info off the Castle Hill website
Margaret River
Electric and Nitro onroad
Leith Jones 0417960514

templstowe hey, you might know someone there, Michael King i think his name is. He came over here mid year.

Dale, Cya down at the track soon.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool! Let us know about whether you guys will be running in Magaret River as it will be good to see more clubs running!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Initiate

hi guys, i race with adrian at templestowe.

our track has some of the best incuding, andy cooke (cookie)
andrew abbott (australian champion), Justin vergunst
and alot of other quality drivers like adrian.

prepare to be cained (joking)
Old 10-14-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

hahaha thanks Hixy!
yeah i will try and phone leigth jones and organise about margret, and i will most definitly be racing in maylands.
Cant wait!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Good to see you can't wait!!

Yeah i know about the drivers at templestone. I saw Cookie at the Tamiya Nats, 2nd, he drove well consitering he came in with no practice.

dw we have some good drivers here. We had 8 over at the Nats, we all finished in the top 16, one driver in GT1 finished 6th, Joe Hall (he is only 14 or 15), beet Simon Cox.

You most likely wont race against him as he races with me. (beet him last year, but I can't catch him now, oh well I should have my new car for when you get here, just have to set it up (bugger)).

Anyway it will be great to see you, obviously the word of our club is getting around.

Dale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.