Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread >

Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread

Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNOOKS
I'll second thatAND SOON TO BE RETIRED AGAIN!!!
Didn't anyone tell you? Your resignation was was not accepted. Try again next year
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

awesome day today some close racing with damo cheers look forward to next year all the best!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by northkona
Didn't anyone tell you? Your resignation was was not accepted. Try again next year
What's that noise? I do believe it's the sound of the ratchet on my fishing reel!!!
Thanks Mate.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Reels

What's that noise? I do believe it's the sound of the ratchet on my fishing reel!!!
Thanks Mate.
Whoa!! ratshit on your fishing reel-- they been sitting still way too long , I for one hope that next years race calender has taken the tides into account , it sucks when the best tides fall on race days you can crumb a good whiting but not a V8 . We've all gotta do what puts a smile on our face , hopefully the next club pres will be as enthusiastic as yourself . Now all you need is to get a Losi so you don't have to race at the back of the pack
Old 11-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mate.
I think the noise is another one of Gillys Losi diffs going into self destruct mode
Old 11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Brinsmead Rug Racing

Brinsmead Rug Racing
Hi Guys , this arvo I'm having an all in practice / race session on the all carpet track in my yard . Laps are about 12secs ,3 big jumps , 2 cross-overs, full traction , no tyre wear and heaps of fun !! All are welcome but 1/10 short course trucks are best .
Call me on 0478 075 661 if you want a run or have a look . Weather permitting, wet fake grass is bloody slippery.
Time will be 5pm to 8pm , floodlights are set up for night racing.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Thanks for the support.

Hi All,
Just a big thanks to everybody that has given me support through what has been a very difficult year for me.
The support and respect that was shown to me during the year was very humbling.
A special thanks to my fellow committee members: I know at times I was a handfull to deal with, but I think we made it a year of general improvement in the right direction. Thanks again guys.
Once again, please take this as a personal "THANK YOU" to one and all for your support this year.
I would ask members to consider taking over the role of running the food van next year, as Karen is taking a well earned break from that duty, and I think we all agree, she did a fantastic job!! Thanks again Karen.
A special thanks also to the Jamerson Family for looking after the van during the year, without your effort, the van would be a non event.
Don't forget to keep an eye on the club website for the next year's calendar, and the date of the AGM early January next year.
We still have a couple of working bees to tidy up for the cyclone season, and the DASH FOR CASH at the end of the month to finish off the 2012 season.
Once again , thanks to one and all.
Think about who will be your new leader next year, and I wish one and all the very best for the coming festive season.
TED
Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Losi Fishing Reels!

Originally Posted by village idiot
Whoa!! ratshit on your fishing reel-- they been sitting still way too long , I for one hope that next years race calender has taken the tides into account , it sucks when the best tides fall on race days you can crumb a good whiting but not a V8 . We've all gotta do what puts a smile on our face , hopefully the next club pres will be as enthusiastic as yourself . Now all you need is to get a Losi so you don't have to race at the back of the pack
Good one Gillie.Thanks for the support, appreciated.
I wonder if Losi make fishing Reels. Probably have the oil leaks from the bearing seals
Have already put a circle around the best fishing tides for next year, I think it is a good balance of RC Racing and Crumbed fish fillets That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Cheers
Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default fishin gear

Good one Gillie.Thanks for the support, appreciated.
I wonder if Losi make fishing Reels. Probably have the oil leaks from the bearing seals
Have already put a circle around the best fishing tides for next year, I think it is a good balance of RC Racing and Crumbed fish fillets That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Cheers
Ted , I have'nt found a Losi reel but if I came across one I'd buy it - if it handles abuse like the RTR Strike and other Losi's I have I should get years of service from it . I have heard that a couple of companies make some decent sinkers--Associated and Durango come to mind but they are a little fiddly , I have been told that the best tides are the ones when the water is under the boat/jetski
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by village idiot
I have heard that a couple of companies make some decent sinkers--Associated and Durango come to mind but they are a little fiddly
Go an RC8T, they will get to the bottom first
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Just looked at the weather and they reckon its gonna be fine for the weekend.
I will be around home for most of the weekend so anyone keen for a few laps call on 0478075661 , Me and the young bloke are always up for burning a few batteries !
Saturdays efforts !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F922o30RiBY

Last edited by northkona; 11-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down Where was everybody!!

Going to be interesting next year at track rebuild time!!
If as many people turn up to help for that, as did today, 18/11/2012 (3 people),
there won't be one.

Last edited by SNOOKS; 11-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Demo

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that I'll be at the track tomorrow to give free demonstrations of smooth consistent driving. For those that haven't witnessed such precession treat yourself, come and watch, it will be worth it!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Cant wait , Master Beta !
I'll bring some rug in the shape of Tassie for you.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by northkona
Cant wait , Master Beta !
I'll bring some rug in the shape of Tassie for you.
Thanks mate, that will be lovely!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.