Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread >

Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread

Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InfieldRacer
This close to the TV Cup this late notice it aint gunna happen......

It will be a normal 1/10 race day im guessing, with numbers the way they have been lately im for bringing back the old raceday format, all classes every fortnight, will solve the lack of marshal situation
Well, if we didn't know about the intercity, I'm sure Townsville doesn't. I'm with Damo on this one. Just run a regular meet. There will probably be only six of us turn up as usual anyway.

I don't know if pooling all classes together, like we used to, will gain anything. With the limited numbers of people turning up, it will just turn into a pure nitro meet. I know I'd prefer to run my nitro over my electric, and I won't run both, just not enough time between racing and marshalling to run both.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kerrr8
so who's coming to tville cup from cairns?
I might cruise down for a look. Leg is still too busted to do anything much. Might be able to do some wrenching for Brad .

So Kyle, you got some new arms for that Mugen of yours?
Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

This close to the TV Cup this late notice it aint gunna happen......

It will be a normal 1/10 race day im guessing, with numbers the way they have been lately im for bringing back the old raceday format, all classes every fortnight, will solve the lack of marshal situation
agree 100% you can vent at this thursdays meeting I am not electric so it dosent bother me but a little organisation wouldnt hurt
Old 10-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default jj

whats it cost to race a club day at your track guys ???????????????
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Originally Posted by master john
whats it cost to race a club day at your track guys ???????????????
Dude, check out post 2357, 1x page back.
Cheers.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thumbs Up!

Originally Posted by aussies1129
thanks Brendon

Mate, looks Awesome! Very nice work, Well Done!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Alycat seems to be working ok .
are you kidding ? we seem to have spent a heap of time standing around on race days waiting for it to be sorted out . (not to mention half a race day not recorded at all ) +1 vote for Slyfox.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by northkona
are you kidding ? we seem to have spent a heap of time standing around on race days waiting for it to be sorted out . (not to mention half a race day not recorded at all ) +1 vote for Slyfox.
Im sorry about that, I was dropped into running the Alycat system with no decoder box knowledge, we have this sorted now.

I believe the results lost was due to the generator running out of fuel, decoder box needs power and was out of my control and delayed the raceday due to resetting of alycat.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know about Kyle, but I got my arm changed after my stylish faceplant on the cheese grater ;P Got the buggy dialed...er well going at least
See y'all there
Old 10-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation Either or!!

Slyfox or Allycat, unless the operator if given full and comprehensive training on the program, it is understandable that mishaps occur!! On that matter, let's have more club members involved in running the system so there is a backup option if the person running the system is absent.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SNOOKS
Slyfox or Allycat, unless the operator if given full and comprehensive training on the program
I agree, Daniel and I are slowly understanding the alycat system, the last nitro meet went quite well I thought, started racing around 10am finished around 3pm.

There are a couple members now that know if there are lap problems (which alycat states straight after a race) from a previous race you need to click confirm or keep clicking confirm at the bottom of the screen before the next race can be started, this depends on how many drivers laps have issues, eg a transponder did not count a lap which shows a lap time twice the time it should be, alycat gives you the choice to add a lap in this situation.

The handout transponders going flat is a concern, batteries are over 2 years old and guys using them need to make sure they put them back on charge after every race, if they were new they aparently last around 6 hours per charge.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Im sorry about that, I was dropped into running the Alycat system with no decoder box knowledge, we have this sorted now.

I believe the results lost was due to the generator running out of fuel, decoder box needs power and was out of my control and delayed the raceday due to resetting of alycat.
I didnt mean to bag you out Damo , I thought it was an issue with the alycat itself ( outdated software ) not the operators. If you guys have it working well then all will be good , I thought the slyfox is a better / more user friendly system , isn't it ?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Operator Manual

Originally Posted by SNOOKS
Slyfox or Allycat, unless the operator if given full and comprehensive training on the program, it is understandable that mishaps occur!! On that matter, let's have more club members involved in running the system so there is a backup option if the person running the system is absent.
I concur. However, as with the last time I had opportunity to work with this system, I was given very brief instruction. Is there no manual that comes with this program? If so, can we get it out and let a few members have a read so that we can savvy with it.

Further, I am very enthusiatic about being able to update our website, in particular the race results and fastest times section. However, the first lot of (paper) results I had were incomplete, and I was unable to update the site. The second lot of race results were also incomplete, and the last lot of results that were printed, were quickly taken down and binned even though I specifically asked this person if I could have the results. So my question is this, does Allycat save race meeting results? If so, can I have just the overall position printout, which should show where everyone finished along with there qualifying time and fastest time?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AANGELL
I concur. However, as with the last time I had opportunity to work with this system, I was given very brief instruction. Is there no manual that comes with this program? If so, can we get it out and let a few members have a read so that we can savvy with it.

Further, I am very enthusiatic about being able to update our website, in particular the race results and fastest times section. However, the first lot of (paper) results I had were incomplete, and I was unable to update the site. The second lot of race results were also incomplete, and the last lot of results that were printed, were quickly taken down and binned even though I specifically asked this person if I could have the results. So my question is this, does Allycat save race meeting results? If so, can I have just the overall position printout, which should show where everyone finished along with there qualifying time and fastest time?
I think all of my laps where in the mid 20 seconds. one time i got a 30sec lap. So just put in the average and we should be good
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default computer system

Was it slyfox or alycat that allowed us to download a basic versions so people could learn the system. I'm keen to have a crack if i can get hold of that program.

Last edited by racarb; 10-11-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.