Search

Cairns RC Model Car Club Inc Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_russ
Hey guys,

With the Intercity, in the nitro classes is there a reason we are running 2x10min finals instead of a 20 or 30min final?? It doesnt matter either way was just wondering And are we able to camp at the track? We were looking at coming up Friday for some practice if there is any??

Thanks
Russell
MBX6
MBX6-T
hey Russ,

I am sure that there was a stuff up there it should be 4 lots of qualify races at 6mins (that should be 7min will check on the day) and then depending on numbers a main final 20 or 30 mins but I have been told that noms are very short so we need a few more to get it all happening.
as for camping too easy I can have gates open at the track at 330pm.
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE NOT SENT IN YOUR NOM DO SO HERE:
http://www.cairnsrc.com/page21.htm

CHEERS

Last edited by aussies1129; 12-03-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro_russ
Hey guys,

With the Intercity, in the nitro classes is there a reason we are running 2x10min finals instead of a 20 or 30min final?? It doesnt matter either way was just wondering And are we able to camp at the track? We were looking at coming up Friday for some practice if there is any??

Thanks
Russell
MBX6
MBX6-T
I think the club has tried to keep electric and nitro track time simular as both have paid the same nom fee which is fair enough, but im also happy to pay a higher nom to run nitro as it's usually run.

I also think that there should be 2 x 12min nitro mains, this will stop the 10min plus run time engines from having the advantage, this way everyone has to refuel atleast once.

Anyway just My 2c
Old 12-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Cairns Intercity

Hey guys, ive just sent throught mine, yianni's and zac's noms for the intercity. We are hoping the numbers pick and the weather is all clear like it was for our cup last weekend. See you all real soon
Regards
Russ
Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

a big thanks to those for donating your time and effort with the annual club raffle
cheers
Old 12-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
a big thanks to those for donating your time and effort with the annual club raffle
cheers
Yeah, what he said, well done to all involved, pretty good result for the club, will only help next year to be better and stronger

Thanks guys and girls
Old 12-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Nitro final

Why can't we just have a 30 minute main. I think its more normal in nitro to just have one nitro final, not two. As for twelve minutes, brad can do that on one tank of fuel so it would have to be fifteen minutes to be certain that everyone will have to pit. Also, I think it would also be prudent to run the nitro finals first on Sunday so as to let the Townsville guys get away at a reasonable time.

As for the RB B10 and its lack lustre run-in and tune. When I removed the air-cleaner I found that the inner element had sucked down into the opening of the carb and all but blocked it up. Hence, the engine was not getting enough air. Have removed said inner element (never to be used again) and now I'm set for another go at this.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AANGELL
Why can't we just have a 30 minute main. I think its more normal in nitro to just have one nitro final, not two. As for twelve minutes, brad can do that on one tank of fuel so it would have to be fifteen minutes to be certain that everyone will have to pit. Also, I think it would also be prudent to run the nitro finals first on Sunday so as to let the Townsville guys get away at a reasonable time.

As for the RB B10 and its lack lustre run-in and tune. When I removed the air-cleaner I found that the inner element had sucked down into the opening of the carb and all but blocked it up. Hence, the engine was not getting enough air. Have removed said inner element (never to be used again) and now I'm set for another go at this.
its always the 2cent part that crashes the plane.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

yes a 30min amain is the go, if we have bigger numbers you can also run a bmain as well. I would of liked to see electric on sat and nitro on sunday.
weather looks to be all good.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default majic spring

hey guys,

I have lost the rear shock spring from my truggy. If anyone finds it i will give them a 3cent reward (not to be paid all at once). If not someone can someone disassemble there vehicle so i can pillage the parts to rebuild mine.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Originally Posted by racarb
hey guys,

I have lost the rear shock spring from my truggy. If anyone finds it i will give them a 3cent reward (not to be paid all at once). If not someone can someone disassemble there vehicle so i can pillage the parts to rebuild mine.

Thanks
Luke, I feel you`re being far too generous with that amount as a reward, why you could practically have a new spring custom milled from precision spring steel for that sort of money. Maybe you should sleep on it for a night or two..........
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrJinx76
Luke, I feel you`re being far too generous with that amount as a reward, why you could practically have a new spring custom milled from precision spring steel for that sort of money. Maybe you should sleep on it for a night or two..........
+1

ninja
Old 12-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Lost Spring

Originally Posted by racarb
hey guys,

Thanks
Yeah, and I lost one of the body clips from my MP9 on the weekend. It will probably be next to Brad's spring. I shall consider Brad's reward more than adequate to cover the find, as it will be next to the spring, thus not requiring any extra effort.

Hey Brad, as I have a Mugen Truggy, like all sensible, winning racers, I shall be more than happy to lend to you for the meet.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sharing is Caring!

Originally Posted by AANGELL
Yeah, and I lost one of the body clips from my MP9 on the weekend. It will probably be next to Brad's spring. I shall consider Brad's reward more than adequate to cover the find, as it will be next to the spring, thus not requiring any extra effort.

Hey Brad, as I have a Mugen Truggy, like all sensible, winning racers, I shall be more than happy to lend to you for the meet.
I assume that "more than happy to lend" means the "Whole Truggy" for the "Entire Race Meet"!!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrJinx76
I assume that "more than happy to lend" means the "Whole Truggy" for the "Entire Race Meet"!!
that sounds fair to me
Mr Perry will be very happy to hear about that
Old 12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Happy Endings

Originally Posted by aussies1129
that sounds fair to me
Mr Perry will be very happy to hear about that
Indeed he will!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.