Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
1/5scale BIKE OWNERS (BrizVegas) >

1/5scale BIKE OWNERS (BrizVegas)

1/5scale BIKE OWNERS (BrizVegas)

Old 11-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Big Phil....a little birdie told me a 15 double for the bike...
Shaun has already asked if i want to learn to change pitch.
Standard..32? needs changing to 48?.With the novak it lifts the front already,(thats on borrowed tyres)dialled out throttle punch....
The delrin wheels and sticky tyres are really the only upgrade you need(spins up a whole lot quicker) but you know me front brakes will be next....
Old 11-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Question...

Hey Xray,

Do you know of any good but not too expencive external starters for the gas bike...? I've broken the pull starter cord about 4-5 times now and i'm getting a bit sick of ripping the motor out all the time to fix it!...

I know of one DuraTrax and it costs about $70 bucks from Hobbyone... That's with the hand held starter and the adapter mount for the starter on the back of the motor...

Xray, i'm at home today, if your not doing anything i'll be playing with the gas bike again later on this arvo on the road out the front of my house, the street is pretty quiet through the day... So if your keen give us a call...

-shaun-
Old 11-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Had a great time learning to ride last Sunday. A bit tricky at first ;but it doesn't take long to keep it upright. You just have to throw all your car driving idears out the window and learn it differently. I'm happy with my cornering(the one i thought was going to be my biggest problem). But my steering under power is way to slow. Very hard to line up racing line coming into corner. The only way to straight line steer is to off power and brake. A little more expereminting is needed i think. GOOD FUN THIS BIKE!!!!.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Hey xray how much did your bike cost you dude u buggers are making me think about getting another.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Jussie,paid $450 for the bike and roughly$120 for the delrin rims and racing rubber.(crazy nut racing) All thats left is front disc brakes.Shaun has found a brilliant place to run them gateway end off creek road.. novak BL+3300's=over 20 minutes run time flat out.Just remember bikes are1/5 scale new bayside track is 1/10 scale makes for slow corners.....
Old 11-21-2003, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Sat 22nd Nov...?

Hi xray, BIG PHILL,... Hey, what are you guy's upto tomorrow?... lol... Keen on going out to the Gateway track?... I want to see big phill's bike going!... We could even mark out a track to fool around on in chalk or some find BCC witches hats!...

xray, i found out why the rossi was cutting out too!!! It's running AWESOME now after a good carbie clean and a new ROSSI #5 plug Call me tomorrow morning if your keen....
Old 11-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Brendale

Thanks Shaun for helping me get a setup for brendale....
What a blast going side by side through the turns...
I'm betting novak designed the first BL system for bikes...
What a perfect track for bikes..
Have to go there again real soon.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Brendale 1/5th Moto Raceway...!

Hey xray, today was fun at Brendale,... the track suits the bikes well, it'll be great when we start to race them there!... Finding the right race line is everything for your approach into the next corner, allways thinking ahead,... but that long back straight can get you at the elbow and send you into the green rippled stuff...! I'd love to get a brushless for my bike too, the smooth speed your bikes got is nice but still has good punchfor launch/drive out of the corners!.... (powerslides)

Can't wait till i finish matching my 3300's and maybe get a 7-single for the next time we run out there... More Practice!...
Old 12-03-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing Shock....

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd drop a pic of the screw up collar racing shock for the bikes...
Attached Thumbnails 1/5scale BIKE OWNERS (BrizVegas)-00shock02.jpg  
Old 12-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Is that the same shock as NF ?
Time to place an order!
BIG PHILL do you want one as well?
scaufli thanks on the info re:- red carbon...
Nearly time to relive the late eighty's......
Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Talking NF # X29...

xray, the shock is advertised on CNR as a shock for the FM1e,... but it's got the NF part # X29,... i'm sure it's the same shock...! Just think, when i bought mine from the UK a while back it cost me $55 AUD and it did'nt come with a spring, so i had to use the spring off the TT,... these ones come with the spring and i can get them cheaper!....

Where's BigPhill, i need to know if your keen on getting one, i'm placing an order tonight for 3...?

If you hopup that bike you'll have plenty of stock parts left over to build another one!!!...

Mmmmm,.... R e D C a R b O n ... !!!
Old 12-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Shaun,BIG PHILL the parts are on there way?
Hopefully the assassin will sell quickly...
I think i can hear a nitro bike in the distance.....
Old 12-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Sid
Tech Apprentice

Thanks today for the run at Queensport (13).
Racing tyres+BL=a great arvo of fun with bikes....
Next time i'll bring a camera with and get some footage....
Sweepers at full noise.....
Till next time gents...
Old 12-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default AaaHaaa...!!!!!!!

Hey SID,... found the problem!... It was the speedy glitching out, so now i've only got the LRP 14T limit (F/O) speedy left to use for the bike,... i'm super keen now to get a brushless for it, i can't let you guys blitz past me all the time, it's embarrassing...! lol... It makes me want to

Next time,... "BRENDALE 1/5 MOTO SPEEDWAY",... all three of us on the track at once would be awesome fun,... as for now, i'll be looking for a BL motor!...... (In this case, three's not a crowd,... it just makes for better racing!...)

Another great arvo of battery dumping!...
Old 12-07-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Bike Footage...?

Get some video footage of the bikes at Brendale...???... Now that would be COOL!...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.