Wiki Posts
Search

Anodizing parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Anodizing parts

Im looking for someone in australia that can anodize my alloy parts at a reasonable price. I would DIY it, but i would rather leave that sort of job to the professionals. So if you know of someone or a company that can do this small of a job, all parts can fit in my hand, at a good price, please reply. thanks in advance...
Old 05-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Anodising

Try this place
Alluminium Enterprises Pty Ltd
Ron Peters
66 Brocks Lane
Newtown NSW 2042
PH 02 9557 1674

The above was given to me a while back so I dont know if the details are right anymore.
I have never used this place but I was told they do rc stuff.

Terry
Old 05-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Ash
Try this place
Alluminium Enterprises Pty Ltd
Ron Peters
66 Brocks Lane
Newtown NSW 2042
PH 02 9557 1674

The above was given to me a while back so I dont know if the details are right anymore.
I have never used this place but I was told they do rc stuff.

Terry
yep i've used them before. A1 quality, wide range of colours and both a matte and shiney finish can be given to the alloy. rc cars use a matte finish, but the shiney finish looks nice also.

they charge per "dip" in the solutions so take as many parts as you can, as they charge a base rate i believe. parts get placed on a large rack and then dipped, so probably enough space for two cars worth of parts in each rack. ask them to hold the parts with alloy wire instead of clamping them onto the rack so that you don't get marks where the clamps have made contact with the alloy

they are one of the few places that do small orders and parts so be nice to the old man
Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys dont mind me asking, how much did he charge to get your parts anodized? thanks for the info, greatly appreciated...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
If you guys dont mind me asking, how much did he charge to get your parts anodized? thanks for the info, greatly appreciated...
anywhere from $60 to 80 for an entire electric car, onroad.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is a good price you cant complain about that
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bollard
That is a good price you cant complain about that
I'm sure that you'll find that some will!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I used them recently as well and gotta agree, I'd recomend them, they do a pretty good at a reasonable price... cost me $80 odd bucks for a whole car in under week. heaps of colours too. I dont know if it would be that much cheaper for fewer parts though, especially if they are small bits.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

well, i have a few more alloy parts.

Im changing the blue to green to match the esc & for something a little 'different' from all the other blue TT01s you see out there. For those ppl who have had there parts done, did you strip off the old anodize before you took them to the shop or did the shop do it for you?? I want to do it myself to save some cash, but if its not much difference i think ill let the pros do it...
Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
well, i have a few more alloy parts.

Im changing the blue to green to match the esc & for something a little 'different' from all the other blue TT01s you see out there. For those ppl who have had there parts done, did you strip off the old anodize before you took them to the shop or did the shop do it for you?? I want to do it myself to save some cash, but if its not much difference i think ill let the pros do it...
hi scotty here i work for one of the biggest anodiseing companys in auss.G James glass and if you don,t have the right stuff you can,t strip old anodise off. so i would leve it to the pro but if you have new alloy try poilshing first it will give you a diffrent finish
scotty