Search
Like Tree1Likes

ORRCA QLD Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 01:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
Any idea when the 2011 rule set will be posted on the web site????

Also any updates on Orrca meeting minutes??

The New year is approaching FAST

Shane

Ge Shane you're showing a lot of interest for someone who's club has dumped ORRCA and no longer wants to be a part of it. Show me where AARCMCC has done any better with publishing meeting minutes.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Ge Shane you're showing a lot of interest for someone who's club has dumped ORRCA and no longer wants to be a part of it. Show me where AARCMCC has done any better with publishing meeting minutes.
That's not quite right LCRCCC may now want to rejoin ORRRA and we are wanting to see Just what is happing in the ORRCA World, what ORRCA has to offer not only LCRCCC but other QLD Clubs in 2011 and beyond. Most of 2008and 2009 where well documented. The Minutes from the meetings held would help any club know just what is happing and the direction that ORRCA is heading.

I would urge ORRCA to reply

Shane Hyde for LCRCCC Members and QLD Drivers
Old 12-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john h
Bishop, we're expecting ROAR to update the list from time to time.
Why if officials are going to check the flashing lights on all the different brand ESC's on the list, why cant they check a Hobbywing? It just means plugging a card into them. Peronally I can't understand why there is not even one Hobbywing ESC on the list.

Remember some of us sold our [expensive] non timed esc's reasonably cheap so that we could buy equipment tobe competitive with the "turbo'd" fraternity. Seems that we all should have bought a Tekin or other thats on the list, at least then we wouldnt have to go and buy another speedy.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jasezace
Peronally I can't understand why there is not even one Hobbywing ESC on the list.
It's because the list is a ROAR approved list, and the USA has no official importer, distributer or sellers of HW products, so no one to submit them to the ROAR people.

That is not looking good for the near future either, which would be why AARCMCC created their own approved list for 2011 and offroad, that includes the HW's.

And Shane, it's not like I see a whole heap of AGM or committee meeting minutes on the Logan site, which I could easily string into all sorts of nonsense BS reasons as to why that could be relevant, but I suspect your on an agenda that has nothing to do with concern over minutes, cause it's an irrelevant issue at best.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Bishop;8327014]It's because the list is a ROAR approved list, and the USA has no official importer, distributer or sellers of HW products, so no one to submit them to the ROAR people.

That is not looking good for the near future either, which would be why AARCMCC created their own approved list for 2011 and offroad, that includes the HW's.

Ok sweet. I have looked at the AARCMCC [god thats a mouthful] list but I take it the Qld clubs dont follow their list.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jasezace
Ok sweet. I have looked at the AARCMCC [god thats a mouthful] list but I take it the Qld clubs dont follow their list.
Hey Jas, Qld are following this list for 17.5 + the addition of the 2 ESC's from 21.5...

http://www.roarracing.com/?s=approved+esc

Cheers

Adrian
Old 12-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
And Shane, it's not like I see a whole heap of AGM or committee meeting minutes on the Logan site, which I could easily string into all sorts of nonsense BS reasons as to why that could be relevant, but I suspect your on an agenda that has nothing to do with concern over minutes, cause it's an irrelevant issue at best.
No hidden agendas here at all. Orrca was posting minutes after every meeting
up to April last year. The minutes have been promised but not forthcoming.

For any club either past members or future members of Orrca the minutes would help determine which path a Club may take.

I would like to be able to give our LCRCCC members an informed option on our possible future affilations.

ORRCA has made some good, well informed decisions of late but i would still like to see just which direction ORRCA will continue in for 2011

Shane
Old 12-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default hobbywing and roar

Originally Posted by Bishop
It's because the list is a ROAR approved list, and the USA has no official importer, distributer or sellers of HW products, so no one to submit them to the ROAR people.

Bishop from what i've been told HW has sent ESC and Motors to ROAR for approval , so we just have to wait for them to go on the list now. Cheers Shane
Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozzy Iedge
Bishop from what i've been told HW has sent ESC and Motors to ROAR for approval , so we just have to wait for them to go on the list now. Cheers Shane
I read somewhere (not sure if it was on the HW forum) one of the other issues is that ROAR is looking for a new technical person to take care of that part of ROAR's operations
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ozzy Iedge
That is good news to hear, I was more concerned when the roar list got updated recently and still no HW, with still no word about any US dealers either, so I assume HW must be directly submitting if it's happening.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

To ORRCA committee

What is the affilation fees / insurance costs for 2011. ??

Web Site details 2009 fees

Thanks Shane
Old 12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Contact them

Hi Rat,

Maybe contact ORRCA via phone or email them.

There alot of people who would like to see Logan affiliated with ORRCA again.

The drivers who attend Logan would like to have a ORRCA / AARCMCC QLD State title again.

I think it is time to start putting aside the differences, those issues are in the past, a better approach is for all clubs to work with the ORRCA committee.

I personally think if you don't like how something is being run, you put yourself up to be on the committee and make the changes, otherwise you leave these people do the best job they can by supporting them.

B1 ( would like to see Logan back in the fold )

Originally Posted by Swamp Rat
To ORRCA committee

What is the affilation fees / insurance costs for 2011. ??

Web Site details 2009 fees

Thanks Shane
Old 12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OHBRAD
Hi Rat,

Maybe contact ORRCA via phone or email them.

There alot of people who would like to see Logan affiliated with ORRCA again.

The drivers who attend Logan would like to have a ORRCA / AARCMCC QLD State title again.

I think it is time to start putting aside the differences, those issues are in the past, a better approach is for all clubs to work with the ORRCA committee.

I personally think if you don't like how something is being run, you put yourself up to be on the committee and make the changes, otherwise you leave these people do the best job they can by supporting them.

B1 ( would like to see Logan back in the fold )

Ditto to most of above.

"Maybe contact ORRCA via phone or email them"

I have already done just that.

"I personally think if you don't like how something is being run, you put yourself up to be on the committee and make the changes, otherwise you leave these people do the best job they can by supporting them."
Only difference I did try from the inside.

"The drivers who attend Logan would like to have a ORRCA / AARCMCC QLD State title again."
Don't know if ORRCA / AARCMCC QLD State title will happen in 2011 with different motor / Speedy rules. Orrca may be on their Own in 2011
LCRCCC would love to host an "ORRCA State Title" thats for certain.

Shane
Old 12-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Guys .. here is something of interest for your governing body regarding the SP V2 motors that you have chosen for your base class.

It is a quote from a representative of SP in the USA

"V2 motor can adjust timing.....it is the owner choice to do it or not. Not recommanded but it can be adjusted"

It would seem that you will have a lot more scrutineering to do then you thought if the motor can be easily changed
Old 12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cannon
Guys .. here is something of interest for your governing body regarding the SP V2 motors that you have chosen for your base class.

It is a quote from a representative of SP in the USA

"V2 motor can adjust timing.....it is the owner choice to do it or not. Not recommanded but it can be adjusted"

It would seem that you will have a lot more scrutineering to do then you thought if the motor can be easily changed
Does that include "Speed Passion SPF21V2 Ultra Sportsman motor" ??????
this is the only fixed timing motor in ORRCA's rules

shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.