Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foam Vs Rubber

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fastolfart..I have noticed a change in the inserts in the last shipment...more rounded profile...and slightly wider...since they have come in packs of four.

when the tires came with the Black inners,,wear was amazing!!!,,we counted up to 60 runs in Mod during winter using 27's..with track records being broken on tires down to the belt.

they then went to the Blue insert..and at this time opted to change the rubber compound...this has induced slightly more wear, but they are faster.

the newest inserts look almost identicle,,but I believe the profile is different, wear seems to be slightly improved.

The Blue inners is what we all use...they have proven fastest time and time again, at all our tracks...(I ran them at the vics as did most).
Old 07-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

The ones I got in a 4 pack had too much air gap for the tracks I uased them at, so I gave them to someone who has used them before and thats when we found out the difference.
He couldn't get them to work either.
So I went back to Sorex and Pit
Old 07-07-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastolfart
The ones I got in a 4 pack had too much air gap for the tracks I uased them at, so I gave them to someone who has used them before and thats when we found out the difference.
He couldn't get them to work either.
So I went back to Sorex and Pit
now theres a good question.. whats the best rubber???

i would vote for sorex for stock racing as they seem to have better stability than the pits.. but if i was running mod, then the extra grip that the pits offer would be tempting...

what are the take-off's like as i haven't tried any to date...
Old 07-07-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Besercoe
The creek will be the dominant track in sydney, once the facilities have been upgraded there will be no better track in Australia.

I ma hoping this will draw large numbers, therefore it would have an effect on other clubs in sydney, it will take a dominant club to drive a decision making process.
just like morebank eh?
Old 07-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by contact
just like morebank eh?
Well considereing moorebank is not a 10th scale track

And also i hope that we can maintain the NO ASSHOLE status as well.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

just like morebank eh?
Moorebank the best track in Aus with the least participants.

If the club openly invited electric racing it would be a very good venue, but it's just too hard for anyone to work that out, so they miss the boat and lose.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Best track?

Obviously not many people in here have travelled to Brendale to race.

Loaded question though, isn't it.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the most popular clubs at present seem to have little impact on the overall strcuture of racing in nsw... i doubt easter cr - even though ultimately it will be ONE of the premier locations to race, will be any different

its a matter of fact that if there is not cooperation between clubs there is not much point persuing a vortec type organisation for nsw - im sure TG will confrim that without the victorian clubs working together vortec would not work either
Old 07-08-2003, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

the most popular clubs at present seem to have little impact on the overall strcuture of racing in nsw... i doubt easter cr - even though ultimately it will be ONE of the premier locations to race, will be any different

its a matter of fact that if there is not cooperation between clubs there is not much point persuing a vortec type organisation for nsw - im sure TG will confrim that without the victorian clubs working together vortec would not work either
This situation surprises me - but don’t we have the cart before the horse, here?
I mean (and correct me if I’m wrong) . . if the NSW clubs don’t currently cooperate, then they need a VORTEC, don’t they?
It may well be that they just don’t realise it - they are used to serving their members, and maybe they’re not looking further afield.

How about this:
What if a single member from each of three clubs were to put a motion to look at establishing an inter-club competition? With some leg work to establish the support from racers, it would get a seconder and those committee’s would have to consider it, wouldn’t they?
Do you think the racers wouldn’t support it?
My point here is that the racers are in a position to drive the whole thing, aren’t they?
Old 07-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Craig1
Best track?

Obviously not many people in here have travelled to Brendale to race.

Loaded question though, isn't it.
Thanks for the plug Craig. I'm sure you guys will like the upgrades we've done to the pit area when you get here. 90+ permanent pit places all under cover with new car cleaning / truing area etc etc etc. After the Nats we start meeting to determine the future redevelopment of the track.

Cheers Al
Old 07-08-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For the whole concept of a VORTEC type organisation to work, there needs to at least be a consensus amongst the clubs that they are prepared to work with each other.
This didn't exist in Victoria either, and it wasn't until a Committee change at TFTR some years ago that made it possible for me to implement what I'd been trying to do for about 5 years unsuccessfully. Once the 2 major Metro clubs were on board (Keilor and TFTR) then it was just a matter of calling the others to a meeting and we took it from there.

You WILL need to be prepared to compromise, each one of you. All the clubs have their own ideas how things should be run and what the classes should be, and you will need to be prepared to start from scratch to establish a system that you all can work within. And by definition this WILL involve some compromise from everybody.
Most importantly you'll need to view the sport/hobby as a whole and not focus on the upper classes. THE most important thing to do is to take care of the entry-level racers because without them there will be no racing in the future, simple as that.

It's not hard, VORTEC started one night after I'd made 3 or 4 phone calls and basically told people "This is what we're doing, the meeting is at (insert appropriate watering hole here) and we'd like your club to be part of it " Give them a few weeks notice and set the time/date beforehand.
However, someone will need to drive it. Although the organisation should be a joint committee (We use one vote per club), my experience has shown that there does need to be someone who's prepared to cop all the shit and provide some direction. In VORTEC's case it was me, and much shit have I copped.... So someone needs to stand up in NSW and be prepared to get the ball rolling. Who's it gonna be?

I've indicated previously that if requested, I'm happy to fly up to Sydney for a day to help if necessary, but I'm sure you guys are more than capable of doing it yourselves. There is a wealth of experience and enthusiasm up there, all you need to do is channel it in the right direction. Don't just talk about it, DO IT!

TG
Old 07-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tony gray
For the whole concept of a VORTEC type organisation to work, there needs to at least be a consensus amongst the clubs that they are prepared to work with each other.
This didn't exist in Victoria either, and it wasn't until a Committee change at TFTR some years ago that made it possible for me to implement what I'd been trying to do for about 5 years unsuccessfully. Once the 2 major Metro clubs were on board (Keilor and TFTR) then it was just a matter of calling the others to a meeting and we took it from there.

You WILL need to be prepared to compromise, each one of you. All the clubs have their own ideas how things should be run and what the classes should be, and you will need to be prepared to start from scratch to establish a system that you all can work within. And by definition this WILL involve some compromise from everybody.
Most importantly you'll need to view the sport/hobby as a whole and not focus on the upper classes. THE most important thing to do is to take care of the entry-level racers because without them there will be no racing in the future, simple as that.

It's not hard, VORTEC started one night after I'd made 3 or 4 phone calls and basically told people "This is what we're doing, the meeting is at (insert appropriate watering hole here) and we'd like your club to be part of it " Give them a few weeks notice and set the time/date beforehand.
However, someone will need to drive it. Although the organisation should be a joint committee (We use one vote per club), my experience has shown that there does need to be someone who's prepared to cop all the shit and provide some direction. In VORTEC's case it was me, and much shit have I copped.... So someone needs to stand up in NSW and be prepared to get the ball rolling. Who's it gonna be?

I've indicated previously that if requested, I'm happy to fly up to Sydney for a day to help if necessary, but I'm sure you guys are more than capable of doing it yourselves. There is a wealth of experience and enthusiasm up there, all you need to do is channel it in the right direction. Don't just talk about it, DO IT!

TG
who out of the Sydney racers agrees with this? who would want to work on this, as stated it's not hard!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

who out of the Sydney racers agrees with this? who would want to work on this, as stated it's not hard!
I will represent my club, though the Assassinss might have a hard time at my clubs track
Old 07-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastolfart
I will represent my club, though the Assassinss might have a hard time at my clubs track
should offroad clubs be considered for involment?? or is off road racing traveling along nicley?
Old 07-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Hand up for NS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.