Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

England Park Raceway, Brendale.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You'll only ever get a 'level' playing field if someone supplies all the cars, so identical chassis', motors, esc's, tyres, etc., a truly governed class, then allow people to do their own tyre size, suspension tune & rollout. Cars get allotted out as a driver ballot, choose a ball out of a hat & you get that car number, but I still think somebody would want to complain about something isn't fair.

Like Bishop, I'm probably in the minority, I'm not worried about winning, you guys can all run in the A main, I'll drive in the C main on my own (hehe I win!!!), I've only wanted to get the car reliable & driveable, now the 'old' car is set up a little better, I have to improve my driving as it's now getting out of the corners more stable thus quicker.

It does make me laugh (to myself) at how serious some people get, there's no prize money up for grabs yet there are some who are more serious than I get at the speedway, when we are 'racing for the rent'.

I've probably been more guilty than most of 'chucking' money at my racing, I've been back driving R/C for about 6 months, I've bought 5 cars plus 1 bike & sold 2 of the cars, been through 4 esc', 5 or 6 motors, 1 radio, countless diff's (I'll learn how to build them properly one day), total cost would be somewhere in the 2 or 3K range, all the stuff I've sold I've lost about 50% of the purchase price. What do I have to show? Best result was a 2nd in the C main (only 2 of us finished), but you know what? I've worked out if I can get a car (which I think I now have) that I can get parts locally, run at 10-15% below the absolute maximum in tune, then I can have a few good duels in the C class, not burn stuff out & have some fun. Remember, hobbies are supposed to be fun, the moment it isn't fun for me, then the stuff goes in the bin & I'll go do something that is.

All the other stuff is really distracting, eventually that sort of thing will have people walking away in droves.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

The times have gotten faster recently , but I think that's more to do with the good work done in smoothing out some of the bumps in the track particularly turn 1.

As or popping motors the one I'm running is 18 months old and still going strong.

The racing in SSF is the strongest competition in SEQ at the moment when you've got the top 8 or 9 guys in the A all on the same lap in a 15-16 sec lap is very good.

We're also seeing some good racing in the B as again there's 4 or 5 guys all on very similar pace who are having good dices.

To make the A on a Friday night at the moment is almost harder than most state titles I've been too(which is a good thing in my opinion competition improves the breed)

My 2 cents

Tim W
Old 05-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for all of your views I understand and respect them all.
I'm more than happy with SSF and it's popularity that seems to increase meeting to meeting is for good reason simple format simple rules close racing.

It was just a thought in regard to the FDR to help keep the costs down to give everyone a level playing field

I enjoy racing always have always will in the early years I blew money big time due to lack of experience so my general thinking was that the FDR might help out.

I'm not one for lots of rules believe me I'm in it for fun and to win of coarse!

Richard Chun
Old 05-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tricky dickie
Thanks for all of your views I understand and respect them all.
I'm more than happy with SSF and it's popularity that seems to increase meeting to meeting is for good reason simple format simple rules close racing.

It was just a thought in regard to the FDR to help keep the costs down to give everyone a level playing field

I enjoy racing always have always will in the early years I blew money big time due to lack of experience so my general thinking was that the FDR might help out.

I'm not one for lots of rules believe me I'm in it for fun and to win of coarse!

Richard Chun
All Good Richard no harm in throwing ideas out there.

Speaking of idea's what do people think about running a different layout next Friday night?

Tim
Old 05-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

lots of good reasoning now you know why I run gas and I do not care if I finish or not at the moment as I canot afford it but its is suspost to be fun I won a final this year first one I about 20 years it was like winning the lottery its good to win but not at all costs HAVE FUN TO MANY RULES WILL KILL THE CLASS AN THE GRASS WILL GROW OVER THE TRACK BUT THATS MY THORUGHS ON THE POSTINGS I hope you all have a good time this next 2 days
greg
Old 05-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Just a thought, how about limiting drivers to 1 motor for a season? or per night? This will reduce the amount of drivers running their motor hot and burning them out. Along with this if a motor is burned out in the qualifiers then that driver can not compete in the finals which will affect their points. If a motor is burned out in a final then their results similarly should be discarded also affecting points. If a replacement motor is needed then the driver can choose to replace the motor to continue but will have to 'pay' penalty points or have time added to their final lap times.

Like I said, just a thought.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Too many rules?

hey friends

I've been around awhile and there have always been racers who push the envelope, regardless of cost. That's how it is.
Too many rules frightens newcomers away...I've seen it so often.
The blinky thing has created slurs and innuendo and even threats and raised tempers...it's not supposed to be like that.

Some guys will still buy$200 speedies and $120 motors...that's freedom of choice. We fight for that.

Our crew run $35motors and $65 speedies...we're not slow.

I'm all for friendship, fun and fast cars.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok Custer its all fair if you all cheat the same and heaven forbid I am not going to say that any body is cheating but electric has all ways been about getting as much out of the equipment as you can ///or your budget will allow/if you want to be at the top than you do what it takes that's why I am at the bottom of gas no money no a final/that's if I come at all///I know just an OLD gas driver having a whinge//// but I have fun when I come and play with all the club members that will put up with the winging/////ha I have had many years of racing and have had a lot of good times with people I like to call friends
greg
Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys. The Round 2 SCRCCC Interclub info has been posted at http://www.rctech.net/forum/13266378-post17.html
The club hopes to present a terrific event, but we need heaps of entries for the best possible standard or racing. Dates 13th - 15th June. Sorry that it clashes with the June 15th club racing. SCRCCC hopes to see big participation from QRCCRA however.

The club has yet not been able to get formal permission for camping at the track, as the person responsible at the council has been away for a few days. We think there won’t be a problem with this formality however, so it is an option to consider. We’ll update at the Interclub thread as soon we can, and we hope it won't be a problem.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Superkarter
All Good Richard no harm in throwing ideas out there.

Speaking of idea's what do people think about running a different layout next Friday night?

Tim
Actually, Tims right, I noticed that running last Friday, having not driven on it for like 6+ months, track has not been that smooth in around 2 years.

And yes please, everyone knows what track I always want to run though. lol
Old 05-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Although the weather is shot ATM. Scrutinering is open and will be till 5pm if you wish to avoid the rush tomorrow ... For gas and 10.5 champs
Old 05-16-2014, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop
Actually, Tims right, I noticed that running last Friday, having not driven on it for like 6+ months, track has not been that smooth in around 2 years.

And yes please, everyone knows what track I always want to run though. lol
Yeah the track was getting bad there at one point for bumps.

I feel a crazy Ivan night coming on or maybe reverse crazy Ivan?

Tim
Old 05-16-2014, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Reverse the A main grid for the finals.Fastest start from the rear
Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Bring on Crazy Ivan for Crazy Martin
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It's race day people!
Bacon and egg burgers will be served from 7.30am.
Scruitneering will open at 7.30am.
Qualifying scheduled to start at 9.00am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.