Old 02-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Shame about the lipos not being allowed "banned"

that will stop me from coming this year
Old 02-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry Russell...got called away before finishing post....well unfortunately that will wipe out most of the QLD electric compeditors...see you next year maybe
Old 02-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by aussie racer
Unfortunately there will be no lipos legal for this event this year, it was discussed and the club decided on banning them for this year.....
cheers russell .

It is rather unfortunate that your club has made this decision and I feel you may find that you have alienated a large number of Qld competitors. The technical committee for the interclub series in Qld, that represents 8 clubs, have formulated a list of allowable Lipo batteries and a charging regime based on testing over the past two years. This forward thinking decision has brought the lipo debate off the forums and onto the track. Quite a number of drivers have or are going down this path for both cost and consistant performance. I think your club should bite the bullet and reconsider your position on this matter and be an innovator for the State of NSW and the future direction of RC in Australia. Don't wait for someone else to make the decision. Just DO IT.

Last edited by tomt2; 02-10-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Grammer
Old 02-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Default ..

I will put the decision across the committee tomorrow night and what ever comes of it then that will be the final decision.........
Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Please dont make a hasty decision. If you require more information to submit to the committee please contact Heavy from Action RC , one of your sponsors. Please ensure you can have all the facts at your disposal so your final decision is a fair one to all considering attending.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Shame on you Q'lder's...cant you just accept the rules for once. Seems to be going down the path of the Interclub
Tech Addict

Default lipos

Yeh thanks for that have contacted heavy and would like to look into it more,dont get me wrong i have personally been using lipos for a few months and have only had one drama but yu get that running 3.5 and lipo in hot conditions hahahahaha.
cheers russell....
TWISTED

I`ll be there this year. Can`t wait see you soon.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TWISTED
I`ll be there this year. Can`t wait see you soon.
hey big fella yeh cant wait be good to catch up.........
cheers russell....
Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default ..

Originally Posted by Barger
Sorry Russell...got called away before finishing post....well unfortunately that will wipe out most of the QLD electric compeditors...see you next year maybe
Its unfortunate that some rules are made and people cant abide or understand them.......
To be honest the host club has talked about it and has made a decision that at the present time lipos will not be allowed i personally will follow it up but to be honest the decision has been made a further decision will be notified and entry form posted in next few days........

Also bob are yu the spokesperson for queensland now.....

cheers russell......
Old 02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I have been doing is trying to get a QLD contingent together to support your event...the problem arose when guys were told Lypos were banned ...quite a few pulled out because of it...as the event is billed as an interstate challenge...I did not want to see it be a non event ...do you have a problem with that?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default ..

Barger i do agree and the club has agreed already to allow brushless motors in stock and 19turn bot to be honest every year goes by and there are a few that are never happy with some decisions........
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Meakin Park was (as far as I know) the first club in SEQ that allowed the use of lipo in all classes. When it was first voted in (I was there) it was discussed that this type of thing would happen. We all knew that just because our club allowed them, many others wouldn’t, it was discussed very openly. It’s not like we didn’t know that this would happen from time to time. There have been plenty of discussions here on the forums as well. If a majority of racers from QLD sold up all their old packs for Lipo, well it’s not Tamworth’s fault.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by smostyn
Meakin Park was (as far as I know) the first club in SEQ that allowed the use of lipo in all classes. When it was first voted in (I was there) it was discussed that this type of thing would happen. We all knew that just because our club allowed them, many others wouldn’t, it was discussed very openly. It’s not like we didn’t know that this would happen from time to time. There have been plenty of discussions here on the forums as well. If a majority of racers from QLD sold up all their old packs for Lipo, well it’s not Tamworth’s fault.

i understand what your saying mate ,i know that roar has approved lipos for 2009 and i believe they would make racing cheaper and easier but problem is there are so many different views on lipos and i personally have used them and own them......there will be a decision made later tonight regarding lipos...
cheers russell.....
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussie racer
i understand what your saying mate ,i know that roar has approved lipos for 2009 and i believe they would make racing cheaper and easier but problem is there are so many different views on lipos and i personally have used them and own them......there will be a decision made later tonight regarding lipos...
cheers russell.....
Actually Russell ROAR approved LIPO for 2008, but I think what Bob and others are saying is that they only have LIPO now so won't be able to race at events that don't allow them. Noone is saying you don't have the right to set the rules the way you want but it's probably best you are aware that the Qld electric numbers might be down this year without LIPO in the mix.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.