Winter nats setup talk

Old 06-19-2003, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Winter nats setup talk

The eastern creek club thread is getting kinda long so decided to post this thread to get an idea of various setups you guys think is going to be IDEAL on the day.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Default roll out for the monster

Hey you guys anyone using a monster pro stock motor in the winter nats?? What role out you guys using?? Im going to run my 414M2 can someone share some set-ups for rookies like me
Old 06-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

the monster stock revs considerabley hard......last time i used one at the creek, i was at a rollout of 32.5

i would think anything between 32 and 34 would be fine
Old 06-20-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey m8
i just ordered 2 new fantom monster horsepower stockers, and the guy from monaro hobbies ( great store ) said that you gear down about 2-3 teeth for the monster than you would on an other motor
so if ur running... say a green machine or summin with a 34 rollout , just go to like a 31-32

by the way:: i'll be racing there wrx, i gather your in stock , hahah obvious, i'll prbably see u there , i run an xray
hope to catch up
cya m8
robbie lloyd
Old 06-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Tom
Tech Regular

i run an xray
lol - you and the other 40% of racers - lol j/k

for monster, which is the motor i run, should be good around 31-34mm roll out. i would start at 32mm and tune from there.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xray racer
hey m8
i just ordered 2 new fantom monster horsepower stockers, and the guy from monaro hobbies ( great store ) said that you gear down about 2-3 teeth for the monster than you would on an other motor
so if ur running... say a green machine or summin with a 34 rollout , just go to like a 31-32

by the way:: i'll be racing there wrx, i gather your in stock , hahah obvious, i'll prbably see u there , i run an xray
hope to catch up
cya m8
robbie lloyd
Yeah ill be there, im going to test also on friday and see how it goes. Apart from that ill cya around
Old 06-21-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Laser Foam Tires

Someone told me to run 35deg fr and 35deg rr, like some of the atlas dudes are running ?? Anyone tried this yet ?? The weird thing is the Laser front are 20mm and the rear are 25mm would this effect my setup by much ??

Any tamiya guys running swaybars sets ?? If so what was the most effective. Just want to gather a good base set-up so ill be easier and save some time on practice.

Thanks for the replies guys appreciate it.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Laser Foam Tires

Originally posted by FUK_WRX
Someone told me to run 35deg fr and 35deg rr, like some of the atlas dudes are running ?? Anyone tried this yet ?? The weird thing is the Laser front are 20mm and the rear are 25mm would this effect my setup by much ??

Any tamiya guys running swaybars sets ?? If so what was the most effective. Just want to gather a good base set-up so ill be easier and save some time on practice.

Thanks for the replies guys appreciate it.
I run Blue rear and yellow front for sway bars on my TB EvoIII, on my 414 i ran blue rear, red front. When i run foam i run 24mm 40 fronts and 24mm 37 (or 40) rears. I use Jaco or Sprint foam tires.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Laser Foam Tires

Originally posted by black-knight
I run Blue rear and yellow front for sway bars on my TB EvoIII, on my 414 i ran blue rear, red front. When i run foam i run 24mm 40 fronts and 24mm 37 (or 40) rears. I use Jaco or Sprint foam tires.
Im assuming your running the WCE frnt swaybars right ?? not that it really matter i cant tell the diff to be honest
Old 06-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

i would stay away from the laser foams.. try elligi instead, you can get em from walters too for bout $25 a pair.

with your 414..try 70wt oil all round, blue springs all round, yellow stabilizers, and low roll center with long upper arm setings. should be a good starting point sepending on how you drive.