Wiki Posts
Search

Monster Truck Bashers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default MT

i member watching poorbie's savage racing round BDR. its pretty quick!! was cool to watch it attack the track
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Wink

glad someone thought it was quick... every time i went out i sewar it hated me... the first time the connectors metled, that was an easy fix, but then i had battery issues then radio issues. got sick and tired of watching other people have fun so i sold it off for $1100 to my friends (had a roller) which got rid of it and gave me almost enough money for my current conversion

treehugger, who were you, i dont think i ever met you before! (and dont mind my driving )

clippy:

1x extended brushless edition black tvps =77C
1x alloy tvp braces = 25C (i think)
1x ammo motor (2600kv, from tower) = 35US
1x Mamba max (used it in my tc3 and monster truck) = 115
1x 40mm fan= 12
1x 80mm fan= free
2x fan grills = $1 each
1x superglide (from bithed/panictoys) =$25US (i think)
1 set of imex pin dawgs (around 30 series) = $90 off ebay for the rim/tyes new)
1x 23mm hex adapters = $25US
1x kershaw designs shim kit approx 15US
2x bevel gear sets = 25US

upgraded sliders (dunno why emax drivers dont do this, its a great mod)
drilled out stock pinion, then moved down to 18t, still too much for that poor motor...

not too much cost involved, just postage sucks! usually just went for the cheapest option and all the stuff arrived safely

(btw: on the esavage forums, im esavageforme... dont mind the stupid questions i asked at the start!)

almost forgot!: 5955tg steering servo =$90 off ebay posted and a kool flight systems ubec for $30 also off ebay.
hope that helps,
ryan
Old 06-14-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default MT

hey poorbie. we havent met before. i like to go to BDR to watch sumtimes n the car i member the most is urs. hadnt really seen RC MTs racing before and it was good to see a fast ep truck as opposed to nitro. shame u got rid of it though. i just bought a second hand emaxx of a guy at work couple of months ago and im hooked on them! definitly not as nimble as my XXX CR but great fun bashing it.....
Old 06-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

yeah, the savages (with a few minor/cheap upgrades) are rock solid in stock and it would have gone great with my newly aquired a123 cells... these things ROCK!

but with a ton of batteries, bad landings took their toll, mainly through the shocks, which i upgraded to alloy and that solved the problem. also got shock socks... a great investment for bashing, highly recommended.

i was lucky, through all the research and trial of parts, only lost around 200 bucks from buying everything new,

my current project involves a Neu 1512 2D (2550kv), 8 a123 cells, a hyper 8.5 and a monster max

cant wait to show the niotro boys how its done, PROPERLY... should be good for 45mph, and reach that in 1/2 the time that a nitro would... the only issue will be my driving and whether the diffs can withstand 2.5kW of power
Old 06-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Where did you get the 23mm hex adaptors from? I'm drawing blanks

I've had a trawl around on the e-Sav forums but see some of the same shit going on there that happens here and can't be arsed siging up.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default MT

i mentioned in an earlier post bout looking for an RPM stockists in australia well i found someone. not completely sure where bouts in aus the hobby shop is located but they r called ultimate action toys. they sell sum good upgrades for both savage n EMAXX so check it out.

ultimatetoys.com.au....
Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry man, but I cant recommend that store. Myself and others have had issues with them shipping slowly, not having stock and getting orders wrong and then not wanting to admit fault
Old 06-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default MT

hey gen18 thanks for the heads up on ultimate action toys. was thinking bout ordering stuff tonight! but i wont now. anyone got any ideas where to get MT hop ups like RPM integy etc etc etc.....
Old 06-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

treemagnet: o/s... they are american so it makes senseto order when you cant get stuff here. had good success with rcboyz on ebay (also off ebay) and refunded me when the package got lost... 2 weeks later i recieved the original package, and they said i could keep it for free, HOW GOOD IS THAT! (although i did pay them for it in the end, to be fair)

the 23mm ones, i posted ages ago, put some pics of them up. honestly i wouldnt recomend them. ive got 17mm hex ones here you can have if you want. (got them with a whole lot of stuff from fastbaja5b)
Old 06-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Cheers Ryan, would be cool. I just want to be able to fit 1/8th truggy tyres on it and figured they'd be the bigger ones. Come to think of it 17mm might be the right ones. Sweet, put a set of bowties on it from my hyper st!!

PM me some details mate and I'll sling ya some bucks for them.