Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Maitland Cup May 25th >

Maitland Cup May 25th

Maitland Cup May 25th

Old 05-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

cool...sniff.sniff.cough cough...this cold is a bummer...hopfully the warm weather will help me if not i dye trying
Old 05-25-2003, 04:51 AM
Tech Champion

Just a qik word....

Just got home from a top weekend, the Maitland Cup was awsome, very exciting. The club did a great job running the event, well worth the trip north!

TSW did well qualifying 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2wd Stock!, Final was won by the local "gun" Mathew, then me in 2nd, Luc Button in 3rd, Mathew appeared to be a great young driver, and drove smart in the final. I learnt a few things about offroad, thank god ive been practicing throttle control with my 1/12th scale!

Dr Lowtech also showed up to help us on Saturday during practice! could not have raced with out him! Had to finish building my B4 at the track on Saturday!
Old 05-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Gotta say, top meeting, well run of course by the maitland guys, turnout was great, plenty of the locals mixing it up with the roorda tour regulars, heres hoping some of them can make it down to the next one in illawarra on 6th july. Great effort by the maitland dudes on the track, that is a great track, a bit of a drivers track, which took a little getting used to, but it sorts out the drivers from the motor/battery dudes.

The cat went well, bad luck for pain in the final, but the xxx4 had awesome speed, but i was glad to be able to catch one in the final.

Matty primmer is a bit of a star, he's on the road to some big meeting wins, he'll be tough at the state titles this year.

Great also to see some of the on road guys, having a go and adapting very well to the slippery conditions and the 2 wheel drives,
Old 05-25-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Go the machine!!! congrats to the tsw boys, just wish i could have got some traction out of the xxx, oh well. see u all at illawarra.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Tech Champion

BTW: on the way home from the Maitland Cup, the TSW touring party got stuck in traffic! a nice 20km queue was formed and a 2hr delay stopped us in our tracks.....!

this got rather boring, so we decided to put on a show!

TSW F3 STUNT SHOW! - 2.2mb
Old 05-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

paul, thats awesome, i was thinking of doing a similar thing during that couple of hours, but no packs charged, good stuff, TSW, bring RC to the people