Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney Indoor raceway (S.I.R.)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

AS I said, the idea of the restricted motor for the 12th scale is to encourage guys to come racing. Too much horsepower on a small track will just mean carnage.

A 6.5 Bl would most likely be equal to somewhere around the 11 turn. The offroad guys would know best as they use these type of motors in 2WD offroad a lot
Old 08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Champion

i assume we can run 4wd or 2wd buggies?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Fingers crossed the 12th scales can run successfuly around the new venue, but probably way too early to get gung ho about too many rules for any classes, just stick to macca's except for Stock BL, and work from there.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

6.5 would be a great strting point..

7.5 if you have too much wheel spin.

good motor for a small or low grip track.

must remember its only 4 cells.. also./
Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

there's no point restricting motors in 12th scale because they don't make that much difference, 12th is all about the driver. I run a 10 turn brushed motor and would be happy running against any BL guys
Old 08-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

My idea of restricting the motor was to try to encourage new racers with the idea that new racers would not be put off by the enormouse horsepower that some people would be willing to bolt in
Old 08-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by black-knight
i assume we can run 4wd or 2wd buggies?
Yes. For the moment, we have to run both together because we won't have an idea of numbers till at least a few weeks after we start. If the numbers are good on both sides, we will split them up if requested.

I have had a number of people PM stating that there is to much to run on such a short time frame at night. Don't worry about the time frames on a Friday night, we have built expansion into the plans and I hope to use the plans sooner, rather thn later.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CraigM
post work drinks will stop me from making this regularly
Dadaman,

suggestion for you...

At the Canberra track we run 2 point scores simultaneously(2x5 weeks). classes A B C D & E run on one night and the following week it is Classes F G H I & J. People show up for their preferred class, it also allows some flexibility for other activities on friday nights by not tieing people in EVERY friday night. so folks who want to organise after work drinks can, on the night that their class is not being run.

the other benefits are that each class is "fuller" as some people run class A one week and Class F the following week, so there are never 9 or 10 classes, with 3 or 4 cars in each so the night drags on forever, we get in lots of racing and finish up by 10.30.

hope to be there for the inaugral race...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default .

Cannon if you go ahead with the deal on 6.5 BL shoot me a PM, I might change from my 12 turn single.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Whats a good 1/12th car?
Where can you get them?
How much?
etc...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dadaman
It is with great pleasure after all the hard work by many people that we announce:

Sydney Indoor raceway is now a reality

Details of our first night of racing:

Date: 23rd Novermber, 2007

Cnr North Rocks Road and Farnell Avenue , North Rocks

Practice: 5:30pm till 6:30pm

Racing: 1st round starts 6:45pm sharp and last race finished by 11:45pm

Classes: 540, stock, mod, open buggy, 12th scale

Prices: Members: $8 Non members: $12
Membership: $35 p.a. (email for details)

Surface: Low profile loop carpet

Club Email: [email protected]

Things you should know:
We will run these meets with rules adopted from AARCMCC where we can. This includes any battery rules and motor rules. Exception to this is we will allow brushless in stock and open buggy. Cars still have to confirm to 190mm wide for all TC classes. 540 motors with fans (MECA Motors) will not be allowed to run. Emails or PM’s are welcomed to clarify any rules or regulations.

Tire traction compound IS NOT to be used under any circumstances. Any driver found using it will be told to leave the premises. Alcohol or dugs are NOT permitted on the premises ant ANY time. ANY person found in possession, will be told to leave. Driver will receive one warning for abusive behaviour, second time you will be asked to leave. No cars will be allowed to run on the timber floorboards. The caretaker has made this quiet clear to all involved.

In the event of bad driving the following will apply: the first time, one warning will be given, 2nd time a drive through penalty will apply (= to approx 2/3rd’ of a lap) and the third time, the driver will be disq. from that race.

Light refreshments will be available on the night. Off street parking for approx 60 to 70 vehicles is available. Full toilet facilities available.
Q; how big is your track i.e mtrs wide , long etc etc, do you have the facilities toilets kiosk shop for parts etc. and do you powers points or do we piggyback like at the castle hill outlay.....
Old 08-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by The Chaser
Q; how big is your track i.e mtrs wide , long etc etc, do you have the facilities kiosk shop for parts etc. and do you powers points or do we piggyback like at the castle hill outlay.....
whats the map ref. in the gregorys
Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JTM29
Hey guys,
Whats a good 1/12th car?
Where can you get them?
How much?
etc...
I am looking at either the 12L4 or a second hand 12L3.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Kiosk

Hey Chaser !! I can answer that the track is small and tight, but, it is 18 m X 8 m, grey carpet, white barriers, and as we are racers and not a Westfield, there will be a SMALL kiosk for pies and drinks, there are toilets, female and male with wheelchair access, we do not own a Hobby Shop so will not be selling parts, but i am sure there will be a few selling gear there as we will allow that until there is a blue, then it is not on. There are power points and like every other track i have been to, a few power boards will be used. Go to Google earth and see where it is. or go to
city2see.com.au and that will also do it for you.
Thanks for the interest.
Peace be with all the racers out there
AUSSIE BOB
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

whats the map ref. in the gregorys
I have attached a picture of the map. UBD reference is 171 Q15. Sorry, I don't own a Gregorys as I use the GPS in my Nokia to get around.

Q; how big is your track i.e mtrs wide , long etc etc, do you have the facilities toilets kiosk shop for parts etc. and do you powers points or do we piggyback like at the castle hill outlay.....
I have attached a PDf of the track layout. The outside boarder of the track is 18m x 8m
Attached Thumbnails Sydney Indoor raceway (S.I.R.)-track-map.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Track.pdf (9.2 KB, 231 views)

Last edited by Dadaman; 08-29-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.