Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Dream track

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default The Dream track

I've decided what would be required to build the best track ever.
Something even to rival the tracks of Asia.
Anybody want to give me the land and money to include the following features? I'll even name it after ya !

Track should be huge, with the option of a very long straight for top speed or drag running. About triple eastern creek size would give plenty of options, possibly even have two tracks running at once this way.
Track surface and composition by consultation with experts like us.
Choice of track layouts available from fast and easy to technical as hell depending on the mood and event.

Did I say it should also have an openable roof so racing is not weather or noise dependent?
Naturally, opening times for this place would be more than adequate and anybody could come at any time to pay and play if no formal racing is scheduled. Test all day for 10 bucks and go home when you've had enough.

All nitro and electric welcome, an anything goes attitude towards specs so 1/5th and 1/8th could run too. Off road track as well for those who still play in the dirt.

Proper racing divisions to be run using transponders and whatever rules apply for the class.
During practice, transponders could be used to provide some ideas of lap times for testing, etc.
Outlaw type racing where almost anything goes would be fun to have. If you want to build a TG10 with a .21, fine by me.
6 turn brushless in a 1/12 ? Why not .
How about a .12 in a Mini Z ???

Of course this track would need to have all the mod cons:

Electronic scoreboards showing all the details that we crowd around the noticeboard for plus more.
These could also be used to display important race info, results, race times, and past track records for the class. Anything really.
Having the Alycat racing screen projected up big during races would let everybody know how it's all shaping up without
putting undue strain on race directors voice.
TV for those who miss watching the footy while they race on Friday nights would be good along with some decent hot tasty food and other essentials (smokes) for sale. Make money off the food sales if you do it right and include some seating and spectating areas.
Turn it into somewhere really cool to hang out for people and it will be a huge commercial success.

A fully stocked hobby shop selling the same range of stuff as Hobbytown would be great to have there. It could even have radar units for hire to check your top speed down the 100mtr straight!
But seriously, I really think having a good eating area as well as parts sales is important to build the venue into the ultimate RC heaven.

Electric outlets everywhere as well as compressed air to blow out your dirty cars is essential, running water to wash up as well.
Parking anywhere you like as is done at eastern creek, so anybody can pit out of their car with 240V available or there will be heaps and heaps of undercover pit area to use.

I'm just warming up, could do a lot with this track....
If you could get the land and council approval, should be able to build it for a decent price too.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default SOLD!! hehe

Fusion.. i like the way u think!!! i think there has to be at least 3 things you have listed that most of us out there have probably thought of or would agree with!!!! ... thats crazy mate!!! If only someone big ... like corporate big... (TT style ) would sponsor such a project with their company's logos all over the joint...
hehe that was my 2 cents worth!!
cheers
will
Old 04-30-2003, 04:58 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Actually Sydney do need a track that is covered or can be covered during easter...........
Old 04-30-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BG
Actually Sydney do need a track that is covered or can be covered during easter...........
AMEN! heheheh maybe we can all chip in.. i have $7.20 in my account to start it off...
Old 04-30-2003, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Oh, and I forgot, it should have internet access as well for showing your mates the newest car available.

How about an area where you can paint your car bodies using hired or supplied airbrushes and gear?
Some people live in units and can't do that easily.

Imagine if this place was underground? with ventilation and noiseproofing? No more need to factor in the weather when choosing tyres as you can control the weather!

Even outdoors, the drivers would need a good drivers stand.
Something resembling what Moorebank has would be good.
The stand should have ample room and could even be curved slightly to improve vision.
To be different, I would build it with two stands and let drivers choose where they wanted to stand. Total comfort and room to move in these drivers stands. I'd make them big and plentiful.
We are talking about world class track here now you realise?
Of course each position on the stand would have it's own marshall ready to pounce on YOUR car from across the track in case little Johnny stacks it....again...

No point being half arsed about it, this track would bring in people from overseas to race and it had better be professionally and opulently done. Like the full size eastern creek track only a bit smaller but with similar facilities.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

hhmmmm i can picture it now Fusion, nicely done...

but yeah dont forget the most important thing...

"NUDE GIRLIE MARSHALLS"... and a "BEER STAND!"....
Old 04-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Nudie marshall girls would be presented to the A finals winners each race night. Just bring 'em back befor next Friday night will ya?

Most local and imported beers would be stocked along with good wine and spirit for those who really need to drown their sorrows after a bad race nite!

You could camp there and just spend some quality time alone with your car on a huuuuuge track.....

I need to get back to reality here, but I have this vision.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now we are talkin!
Alchomahole!
You could have a class just for the drunk. Enclosed footware recomended for marshals

sorrows are bad.

Nah, i just got a Micro RS4. All i want is about 8 lengths of 20mm conduit and an 8m by 8m bit of carpet!

Dont forget this dream track should have hollographic corner markers! Just for the Loooooosi and Jokomo drivers!
n
Nah, just joshin. But how kool would that be!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

talking about phyco pro-arse tracks, has anybody seen that track in mexico??!!! it's like moorebank on steroids!!

what do you recon? $700 000+ to produce such a track?
Old 04-30-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

NIRVANA !

LOLOL

I think we have all had dreams like this at some stage........

ohhhhhh well........back to sleep !

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-30-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

i seem to remember seeing a pic of a trak like this built in some place i never knew they raced.

big as a footie feild plus another for the pits all undercover, 2 driver stands oposite each other,hobby shops, food and all that, but it's all a dream and i'll never race it even if i could go ther
i was sure it was 235mm noisy cars no elec.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This track sux. With all the naked chicks, beer and footy on TV, who would have time to race!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I predict within a year Mr Burgo will have the best track in sydney, plans are for Lights, covered pit areas, big drivers stand, scoring office, and a new surface.

Cant wait, to help make this happen make sure you support eastern creek, so we can show the council that RC is not just a flash in the pan.

Be there saturday May 10th from 12, racing at 2. Hopefully all that wet stuff will be gone by then.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There was a place like this haven.

it was called HURSTVILLE CITY RACEWAY.

Indoor carpet track with Racing and Hobby shop with friendly racers and staff.

Nice track with good grip levels and was a heap of fun to race at.

Unfortunately this place is no more.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:45 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wylie27
There was a place like this haven.
it was called HURSTVILLE CITY RACEWAY.
Egads, I disagree.
Being on the top (4th) floor of the building meant
1) it was real pain to get your gear up the lift
2) can't pit out of your car
3) parking is a pain
4) one really needed a car to get oneself & gear to Hurstville...

Worst thing, the track wasn't visible to passersby on the street and I wouldn't think even all the neighbours realised it was there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.