Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Carpet Racing in Sydney >

Carpet Racing in Sydney

Carpet Racing in Sydney

Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Carpet Racing in Sydney

Whats the chance of getting carpet racing up and running in Sydney on either Friday night, Saturdays or Sundays?
Someone was saying that they used to race it at Hurstville.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Addict

Got the taste have you?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadaman View Post
Whats the chance of getting carpet racing up and running in Sydney on either Friday night, Saturdays or Sundays?
Someone was saying that they used to race it at Hurstville.
Would love to see a carpet track in Sydney, but whos going to open a track? Hurtsville closed up years ago.

Take Care,
Cheers, Patrick
Old 07-19-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Count me in, But where can we find a venue that would be willing to host a regular race meeting. Sunday Arvo would be the go as everybody races friday night and saturday. Saturday night would be awesome aswell
Old 07-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

your best bet would be to find a venue that has the space for a indoor track and is not used on a regular basis, something like a exhibition hall or comunity centre or something.

and you should probably forget about having racing on weekends as that would be the busy times for the kind of places that would have what you are looking for.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im not a big fan of saturday night racing. People often organise personal stuff on saturday nights making it hard to commit to a series of racing.

But would otherwise be interested
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman View Post
Im not a big fan of saturday night racing. People often organise personal stuff on saturday nights making it hard to commit to a series of racing.

But would otherwise be interested
I'm up if there's a 12th scale class, it's around the same area (Hurstville is 5 mins from my house) and it's not friday or saturday night. why not a weeknight? mondays or wednesdays would be tops and wouldnt clash with any other clubs

what kinda carpet do you use?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Id be in for sure.

I loved racing carpet in the ACT.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monaro_Racing View Post
Got the taste have you?
Sure have. Never raced on carpet until Canberra and it was a buzz and a half. Wear was min. compared to road.

Venu might not be such a huge problem. I have 6 venues that I could aproach, scatered across Sydney. My main problem is a transponder system. I would have to find a club willing to hire out their transponder system.

I would also buy a 12th scale if we could get this going.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

guys.. who would fund the carpet.. insurance.. ect ect .. venue.. 12th scale would suck on anything other than smooth seamkles carpet.. are you going to unrole it? storage.. ect ect

wont happen guys.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

If enough people are interested, anything is possible
Old 07-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Painy View Post
12th scale would suck on anything other than smooth seamkles carpet.
If you guys find a location like what we have in ACT, 12th sucks heaps-the joins on the carpet unsettle the car and make it very hard to drive...

Touring is awsome fun on it though(esp mod!!), as some of you experienced on the weekend.

If you can get the $$$ to get some oztite racing carpet, that would be the ultimate, but will cost big money to establish, and I do not think it would ever be recovered
Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

getting another carpet track in syd metro area would be awesome... but gotta agree with painy. still keep us informed. from memory hurstville used to race friday nights, then it got popular and they split 4wd night (touring mod, stock, mini 4wd) on fridays and 2wd night (1/12th, f1, mini) on tuesdays or wed. anyone else remember, ahh those were the days.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Didnt the carpet ripple at Hurstville.

You know the problem - money as said above.. its always gonna be a shitty, temporary track with no money which means no maintenance, which means shit carpet and dodgy installation in a stupidly small area, somewhere that is completely impracticle.. Hate to be a pessimist but thats the truth..

Is someone is willing to do it and do it properly, then all good but until then, dont even bother wasting your time.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Does it have to be on carpet though? How would it go just on like an indoor basketball court or something?

Maybe we could hire a school hall. Use some of the gym equipment to make an 'off-road' track with ramps etc!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.