Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team Corally Australia online shop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HEI may stock a wide range parts, and that's great but the prices weren't what I would call reasonable. A couple of months ago I needed 1 outdrive for the front one way of an Assasin. I figured they would only be available as a pair so I expected that part, but when I rang needing to find a part number to quote to the hobby shop, you would expect them just to quote the basic replacement. The number they decided to give me was for the ultra light version which turned out to retail at a cost of $65 (just for the outdrive). Bit sneaky in my opinion. I rang for some help, not to get shafted. (no pun intended).

As rediculous as the price was I didn't think it was fair to the hobby shop to not buy it, but I sure was annoyed at the price and the hobby shop assured me the high cost was because of the cost HEI charged them, not because of some exagerated markup.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandyian
HEI may stock a wide range parts, and that's great but the prices weren't what I would call reasonable. A couple of months ago I needed 1 outdrive for the front one way of an Assasin. I figured they would only be available as a pair so I expected that part, but when I rang needing to find a part number to quote to the hobby shop, you would expect them just to quote the basic replacement. The number they decided to give me was for the ultra light version which turned out to retail at a cost of $65 (just for the outdrive). Bit sneaky in my opinion. I rang for some help, not to get shafted. (no pun intended).

As rediculous as the price was I didn't think it was fair to the hobby shop to not buy it, but I sure was annoyed at the price and the hobby shop assured me the high cost was because of the cost HEI charged them, not because of some exagerated markup.
Please have a look at the following link: http://www.teamcorally.com.au/shop/i...&limitstart=30

Very first item on the page, RDX Leightweight Outdrives $36.87.

If you require any "specific" parts please quote the exact part number, it is not our responsibility if your wording of a part was not 100% correct. To be 100% sure you are getting the exact part, quoting a part number is the "only" way.

Ari

PS: Part numbers are in your instruction manual. If you do not have an instruction manual or cant find one they are avalable to download from here: http://www.teamcorally.com.au/shop/i...ment&Itemid=31
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry if I didn't explain it very well, I rang HEI to ask them the part number as I have no manual, not having a manual is fine with 99% of products for sale on the Australian market eg real cars, computer components, cameras, most everything, and if you don't have the manual to your item you ring the manufacturer or the distributor and ask them if they woul dmind helping you through your problem. I rang, described the part I needed and they quoted me a part number to give to the hobby shop. I just followed blindly not realising they might quote me the part number for a hop up without telling me that when what I wanted was just the same part.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

So what your basically doing is blaming someone else, i.e HEI in a public forum because you made a mistake.

Geez you must feel stupid, cause you look it.

You use the internet pretty well for complaining, how about putting that brain of yours to GOOD use and looking up the part number yourself?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Believe the Hype.

RDX Φ (Phi) kit specs

Lowest COG on the market
Narrowest chassis on the market
Equal length left and right rear bulkheads
Easy accessible diffs
Optimised weight distribution with equal weight on all 4 wheels
Easy adjustment and replacement of roll centre couplers
Improved steering geometry
Lower overall weight
Improved diff, spool and 1-way pulleys
Replaceable centre pulleys are used on the duraluminium spur gear adapter.
All pulleys are optionally available in several sizes for optimised internal ratio on long and short tracks with either brushed or brushless motors.
Adjustable wheelbase settings: standard 264 mm RDX wheelbase or short 256 mm wheelbase without sacrificing the driveshaft alignment. Fine wheelbase tuning by hingepin spacers.
New wishbone design
Pre-shaped battery slots
Improved swaybar mounting system
Hard anodised duraluminium pivot balls
Old 06-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by wyl03
any plans to bring in corally 19T motors?

heard many things about it from the guys in europe but it's impossible to find ..
Yes this can be arranged, keep an eye out in the news section.

...Ari
Old 06-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Company Representative

Sorry if I didn't explain it very well, I rang HEI to ask them the part number as I have no manual, not having a manual is fine with 99% of products for sale on the Australian market eg real cars, computer components, cameras, most everything, and if you don't have the manual to your item you ring the manufacturer or the distributor and ask them if they woul dmind helping you through your problem. I rang, described the part I needed and they quoted me a part number to give to the hobby shop. I just followed blindly not realising they might quote me the part number for a hop up without telling me that when what I wanted was just the same part.
Its ok i understood the first time. I am sorry this has happened to you "but" these things can happen. I can tell you (being from an automotive backgound - Auto electrician) in the automotive industry this happens as many as 5 times a day even with the right part numbers.

Simple solution - always use part numbers.

...Ari

PS: This wont happen on the new site as all part # are stated and you must pic the parts you need
Old 06-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

"So what your basically doing is blaming someone else, i.e HEI in a public forum because you made a mistake. "

Yep that would be it ! I call a company looking for advice and they decide to take you for all they can. I'll have to remember next time someone calls one of my businesses to make sure my staff know if that caller doesn't know doesn't know alot about a particular item then it's OK to go top shelf without telling them.

I'll also make sure I get my mates on board to back me up.

I didn't make a mistake, I rang openly looking for advice. I'll have to remember next time that not being up to scratch on little toy cars is considered a major offence.

By the way Ron, if you really want to do your friend a favour, posting something that you know will continue the negative discussion even further like you have isn't the smartest way to go about it. It would certainly have been best to let sleeping dog lie.

Last edited by sandyian; 06-21-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

"Its ok i understood the first time. I am sorry this has happened to you "but" these things can happen. I can tell you (being from an automotive backgound - Auto electrician) in the automotive industry this happens as many as 5 times a day even with the right part numbers.

Simple solution - always use part numbers."

If I had the part number I wouldn't have had to ring to ask for the part number , the lass at Mt Gravatt Toy World told me who the importer was, so I could ring to ask for a part number.

Either way your new website looks well organised and a quick referral to it should make future purchases straight forward for everyone.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Either way your new website looks well organised and a quick referral to it should make future purchases straight forward for everyone.
In the end, it could be argued that you should have checked with the LHS what the price of the item would be before you had them order it and then decided if you wanted it, or even if it was the right part if it was dearer than you anticipated.

Personally, I would never have a retail store order something for me blindly without knowing what it will cost me when it shows up. Seems like a silly thing to do.

Cheers.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Company Representative

"Its ok i understood the first time. I am sorry this has happened to you "but" these things can happen. I can tell you (being from an automotive backgound - Auto electrician) in the automotive industry this happens as many as 5 times a day even with the right part numbers.

Simple solution - always use part numbers."

If I had the part number I wouldn't have had to ring to ask for the part number , the lass at Mt Gravatt Toy World told me who the importer was, so I could ring to ask for a part number.

Thanks champ the web site does look good (thanks Black Knight), it will also stop problems like you have had happening.

...Ari
Old 06-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Here are some pics of my Phi prior to electronics install.
Attached Thumbnails New Team Corally Australia online shop.-rdx-phi-005-medium-.jpg   New Team Corally Australia online shop.-rdx-phi-009-medium-.jpg   New Team Corally Australia online shop.-rdx-phi-001-large-.jpg   New Team Corally Australia online shop.-rdx-phi-002-large-.jpg  
Old 06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
SJP
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr

The only negative is that it needs the orange bling since it is a Dutch built car.

Andrew
Will an Orange switch do it for you

Cheers
Scott
Attached Thumbnails New Team Corally Australia online shop.-image_00073.jpg  
Old 06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SJP

Cheers
Scott
Here's the deal, for me to justify the expense to the misses (who happens to be Dutch), the Orange switch may seal the deal.

PS The Dutch national colour is Orange or Oranje.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SJP

Cheers
Scott
Scotty, that electronics install looks suspiciously similar to some of Ari's work? Surely though he wouldnt have done it though as tutti frutti coloured wiring was banned a long time ago??

One of you has alot to answer for either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.