Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad >

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 03-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: NEW CAR

It's one of those magazine subscription cars!

Originally posted by OHBRAD
What is the new car ??? hmmmmmm lets be ready friday night, its a good one.

Dave i already have a Yokomo and very tempted to run it friday night, the TC3 was stripped fully this week and is ready to race friday night, needed it bad after the day at Wynumm, cooked a motor also.

regards Brad ( B1)
Old 03-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

OOO lol.
No, i dont think so havago! Lets see if Brad's new car can do on friday. Brad. I Challenge you Just dont hurt me

Camera. I will also bring camera. So this should be good.
I can take movies with sound but the prob is it is in .mov (quicktime) and unfortunately i dont have converters anymore so if anyone has got converter plus compression software. Let me know
Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

Making kind of an annoucement here.

From now on, I will be offering my services to paint body shells.

For members of any brisbane affilated clubs, prices will start at around the $50 mark depending on design.

For non members, it will start at around $60.

These prices DON'T include the body shell, but do include the paint unless something is specially requested. Just ask me trackside, or here, and I'll let you know roughly how much.

I will also be creating a logo that will be attached somewhere in a small location on all body shells.

Also, I am in the process of purchasing a plotter and assciated equipment so I will be able to offer custom vinyl paint masks made to your specifications, prices will probably be around $8 to $10 per sheet.

let me know what you guyz think. You've seen my body shells, and you'll see Harrison Hall's body shell on friday.

regards, Matt H
Old 03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
5am
Tech Adept

i will need to get a new shell soon and i'll probably buy a paint mask off you. don't know about paying $50 to get it painted though, i can do that part.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

paint masks will be a while away, still trying to source a good plotter. as for the prices, i think they are pretty reasonable, i know of places that charger over $100 for one or 2 colour paint schemes.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mathew, I`ve seen Harrisons new body shell and it looks very good

I`d have to say that $50.00 to have a custom paint job is a good price. Considering the paint costs 8 - 10 bucks each colour and the time required, I`d say a very good price indeed.

Well done Mathew

Steve
Old 03-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanx for the props ding
Old 03-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think we're lucky as a club to have not one but 2 excellent RC artists - Matt's stuff is great, as is Shaun Caulfield's.

Shaun did my new shell - picture can be found at http://www.harrisrc.com/100_4065.JPG . I'm *mega* happy with it. (Check out the silver around the windows and the "blob" design - that's paint, not a decal).

Matt's fire effects and attention to detail are also something to behold!

For those with limited painting ability/inclination/patience (example : me), these guys are offering a great service for a great price. As Steve said, do the maths - let's say 2 colours for the body, one for backing (black or white). At $12 a can that's $36 - and a lot of headache, time, and hassle you don't need.

Me? I'd rather pay someone $50 and get something special. On one level it is a bit disappointing that it's not me that's painted it - it's a hobby after all. But I am a realist, and realise that painting skills, creativity, patience, and a steady hand are not things that I have been blessed with. Other things? Sure. Just not painting.

Kudos to you two guys for such excellent work, and sharing it for such an excellent price.

-Scott
Old 03-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

THanx for the compliments scott, you are correct, shaun's body shells are awesome, I can never belive how sharp shauns lines are!!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

He's got elves working on the painting lines

So everyone charged their batteries?

Lot of assignments to do. I hope i can still go
Old 03-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think tomorrow I will be VERY unprepared, my car still has its last battery in it from last race meet. I've got to charge and rebuild/get car ready tomorrow arvo!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:44 PM
5am
Tech Adept

I've got to charge and rebuild/get car ready tomorrow arvo!
lol, you cutting it fine matt.

does anyone have some really old foam tyres of any shoar, i'm looking for about 52mm tyres.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Exclamation Reply ASAP!!!!

What is going on in north brisbane? Is Yeronga still on tonight?
I hope some guys are online.
Is there a cyclone coming? and is the power out?
Just its raining down here and dad said something about kinda getting it hard from your side of town...please clear some if this info up
Old 03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's not too bad at all actually. Come along. Barring power outage (don't laugh, it's happened before) or structural damage to the hall, we should still be on.

-Scott

Ps Yeronga = South Brisbane.

PPS Getting it hard from this side of town?
Old 03-04-2004, 11:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I was talking to Dave Warner at 5.30 pm Brisbane time and he was on his way to teh track for racing - at this stage there are no power problems apparently so racing should be on.

I have just got in from a hard physio session for a neck injury so not sure at this stage that I will make it - hope old age is not setting in.

My F1 is in bits having some modifications done so I wasn't racing anyway.

Who bought the Corally off RCTech for $120 (what a steal).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.