Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad >

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 09-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spring Series Racing...

Only two more sleeps to go until Round 1 of the Spring racing season.

I've got the trophies for the Winter series to present so it's bound to be a good night for most. (terrible for those who can't make it)

Don't forget that you can join and be eligable to be in the running for a trophy by paying your membership fee (only $15.00 for the rest of this year only - also covers you for insurance and means you can also race in the ORRCA QLD 2003 On-Road Electric Titles later this month)

Nominations fees as mentioned previously have gone up by a dollar to $7.00 - still great value for four races.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default FEES

Hi Dave,

do we pay for membership at the start of every season, i paid atthe start of last season, forgive my ignorance i had a ssumed that was for twelve months similar to meakin park.

can you inform me the way it works again
Old 09-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up Dave - wasn't aware the series started this week. Looking forward to it.

Brad - pretty sure the membership is annual.

-Scott
Old 09-30-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Oh and Jason - Heavy has control tyres in stock - at least he did at the carpet titles. If you want to glue them at the track, you're welcome to use my tyre gluing helper thingo.

-Scott
Old 09-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: FEES

Originally posted by OHBRAD
do we pay for membership at the start of every season, i paid atthe start of last season, forgive my ignorance i had a ssumed that was for twelve months similar to meakin park.
can you inform me the way it works again
For those racers who aren't a club member already, they can still join by paying a reduced amount but the fee they pay only covers them until the end of this year (december)
I will only tally series points for financial members of the club

Our membership is annual - from January to December.

Membership entitles you to be in the running to win a trophy
as well as supporting the club, cover insurance, ORRCA membership, etc etc etc

Hope this helps.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR

OK GUYS GIVE ME SOME TIPS,

I HAVE SOLD MY TC3 THAT I AM USING AT YERONGA, I HAVE JUST FINISHED BUILDING MY NEW TC3 FATORY WITH WARPSPEED GEAR BOXES ETC, ESPECIALL FOR MEAKIN PARK.

NOW I NEED ONE FOR YERONGA, ANY TIPS ON A CAR I SHOULD GET, I AM THINKING MAYBE THE TAO4 TRF

REGARDS BRAD P
Old 10-01-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Brad,

The TA04 TRF is an excellent chioce, however, finding a new one from a LHS might be hard, we just got a new shipment in at work of TBEVO3 for only $499 which is pretty good for a evo in aus that is brand new.

Regards,

matt
Old 10-01-2003, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Selling...

I've got a Corally c4 for sale, it's in good running condition with spare wheels and rims! $170... + I'm selling my AE B3 buggy with spare wheels and tires if anybody is interested! $150... or $300 for both!... PM me if like!.....
Old 10-01-2003, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Shawn,

you have PM!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Brad,

Schumacher Mission S1. At $300 brand new and competitive out of the box, you can't go wrong. Heavy's got at least one left at that price.

There's lots of other guys running them to ask about setup (not that you need it - just build it exactly as per the manual and it's a rocket). Trackside spares. Cheapest spares around. Plenty of hopups (again not that you need many of them - at least in 540 and stock).

The only bummer might be that half the club runs them - it's hard to be individual with that kind of presence

-Scott (Recently converted Schumacher fanboy)
Old 10-02-2003, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default hmmm

so $300 does anyone know if that price will always be available because i gonna start saving and wont have the money for like a month

scott is ur car stock and performs that well??

have we confirmed a track for the season opener???
Old 10-02-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

$300 on the S1 is a special price which was for August/September only - at least that's what I was told - you might want to email heavy and ask him.

Yes my car is totally box stock apart from a set of grey belts ($15 each x 2 = $30). I only put those on on the morning of the carpet titles too - not sure if they made all that much difference, but they do run more freely, so I guess they do.

I set it up *exactly* as per manual (all arms at their suggested lengths and shock mounts where they were pictured) and the only modification I had to make was to give it a bit of toe out to make it slightly pointy.

I have some remotely nice batteries which help with some speed I guess (unmatched GP3300's) but nothing else special.

Same tryes as everyone else (proline control tyres), and some medium-narrow tamiya inserts which seem to work really well on our carpet (thanks to heavy for the tip on compounds).

The real test comes tomorrow when I put a rebuildable stock in it. Faster motor = harder to get a good setup.

-Scott
Old 10-02-2003, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Ercle...you can't have the S1...
it's mine
hehe.. i am saving up for it too.
I heard there is something else that schumacher is producing
hehe
Old 10-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Correct - the mission2 is supposedly coming out soonish. They're saying Christmas, but it's pretty unlikely i'd say. The prototype (with less than half the new bits planned) was only given to team drivers about a month ago, so look to 2004 for it.

I'd guess it will be significantly more than $300 so don't let that bargain stop you!!

There's apparently big work on balance - weight on some parts is moved left to offset the battery weight (same problem as all side-by-side cars). Some parts will likely be interchangeable between mission1 and mission2 apparently.

there's a forum in the onroad section (schumacher corner) with pictures.

-Scott
Old 10-04-2003, 02:37 AM
5am
Tech Adept

Default Spur gear

Can anyone help me, im having problems with my spur gears getting chewed up. the pinion and spur don't slip normally, but after a few races at yeronga ill have flat spots. these spur gears are from heavy, so if there is a stronger alternative, can someone tell me. or any other advice i should know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.