Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad >

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 09-26-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Is there a carpet which is ....universal ?
Old 09-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Tell me which other clubs restrict cars to 1400 batteries with gearing restrictions.
I didn't mean batteries and gearing, only gearing, other clubs down south restrict the gearing in their novice class.

The main problem with the proposed classes is the number of entries. What would happen if only 2 wanted to run rubbers and 5 wanted to foams and we have 3 jr drivers do we then combine classes or turn people away???

Junior 540 - any car any tyre drivers to 14 years
One more problem is any tyre there will be a speed difference between cars on foam and rubber in the hands of the novice.(foams grip on the current carpet better then most kit rubber therefore more crashing)

But we can only try things out if they fail well at least we tried it out.

What is the club going to do about the carpet???
Old 09-26-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by supersonic
The main problem with the proposed classes is the number of entries. What would happen if only 2 wanted to run rubbers and 5 wanted to foams and we have 3 jr drivers do we then combine classes or turn people away???

Junior 540 - any car any tyre drivers to 14 years
One more problem is any tyre there will be a speed difference between cars on foam and rubber in the hands of the novice.(foams grip on the current carpet better then most kit rubber therefore more crashing)

But we can only try things out if they fail well at least we tried it out.

What is the club going to do about the carpet???
Jason, you have noticed a potential problem - Thanks for giving it some thought.

Please don't forget that in a pinch, there are racers who are friendly enough to lend tires to fellow racers so that they can still have a race and enjoy themselves.

(for example, recently Wayne and Bodie Gibbons lent foams to Jason V even though they are both stock racers and Jason races in 540 Pro - What great sports!)
Old 09-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

YES!!!
THANKS TO THE GIBBONS

Very true David, it's this that makes racing an enjoyable event. Every fortnight, people come from across brisbane to race with the guys(and some girls) and just to have fun and hang out and talk to one another, share each others experiences in racing and just have a laugh. In my eyes it's this that people come to yeronga every 2 weeks. It is always glad to see that if someone is in a tight situation that other racers (like the gibbons, scott and richard for last rounds final ) help out and see other racers keep going in the heats and final.

But as said before...the carpet has always been an issue for a long time. What are we...as a club...gonna do?
Old 09-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Carpet

I have offered this once before, so i will offer it once again. I just got off the phone to the State manger for Carpet call, who is a old associate of mine.

He has offered to come to our next meeting to have a look at what type of carpet we require, and also joining ideas.

It would look promising that they would come to the party of new carpet. He seemed very keen to help us out.

regards B1
Old 09-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Classes

The proposal sounds like what we did at the start of this year, where it started to go down was, that if you get only a couple of people turn up for one class, they wont run the race. Last time we were put together with the masters , they were not made to put in a 540 (or should they of), anyway, i got smashed and broken.

I think its problem is numbers, anyway from my discussions, i haven't heard of many people that want to run pro rubbers.

Come guys express what you want lets see the numbers who want to run rubbers. ( i wonder if any rubber would help, this way we could experiment with the sorex tyres)

anyway just another view.

regards B1
Old 09-26-2004, 09:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: Classes

Originally posted by OHBRAD
Come guys express what you want lets see the numbers who want to run rubbers. ( i wonder if any rubber would help, this way we could experiment with the sorex tyres)

regards B1
My suggestions were all with Open rubber in mind as I said so that guys who have rubbers already (eg Wynnum racers) can use the tyres they already have
Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Carpet

Originally posted by OHBRAD
I have offered this once before, so i will offer it once again. I just got off the phone to the State manger for Carpet call, who is a old associate of mine.

He has offered to come to our next meeting to have a look at what type of carpet we require, and also joining ideas.

It would look promising that they would come to the party of new carpet. He seemed very keen to help us out.

regards B1
be very interesting to hear what he thinks and what ideas he has
Old 09-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

good work B1 sounds very promising lets get some numbers for the night he comes down Brad might just help
cheers B2
Old 09-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Adept

Post Carpet

The biggest problem besides the carpet being stuffed , is laying it out and packing it up.That is why I have made a suggestion to offer to carpet the hall. We would need to seek permission from the school to see if they would like a carpeted hall ........... Wouldn't it be easier if we only had to lay out and pack up the track and maybe some of those Hobby Station drivers would come back
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

im no carpet expert
but maybe if the carpet had a thick base it would roll a lot better
but then we run into the problem of the rolls being to heavy
lets see what the expert thinks
thanks brad
cheers
richard
Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Maybe the whole idea of dust mites they dont like

Or maybe they have had it like that in the first place for a purpose?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

just thinking has anyone looked for another venue with all the things we need in a near by area. surely there are other halls etc around just need to find one
cheers B2
ps just a comment no need to think im picking on the club i enjoy the guys that race here just not the laying out of the track,putting away etc just to difficult carpet hard to roll up correctly
Old 09-27-2004, 04:15 PM

packing up the carpet takes forever
Old 09-27-2004, 08:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by tc3=speed
packing up the carpet takes forever
If enough people stay to help it takes less than 15 minutes - hardly forever.

We started looking earlier this year for a hall with a surface that we could run on without putting a carpet down but must admit I ran out of enthusiasm - would be good to get one of the new halls that have that rubbery kind of floor - thers' one at Indooroopilly and one at Forest Lake but they are not exactly central.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.