Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 09-24-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

ooops
sorry
gt3
Old 09-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

also with those classes your saying any adult with a little experiance has to run a stock motor ???
Old 09-24-2004, 03:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by TA03F Ecstasy
I guess one way is to try it out?

When is it possible to do a 'test run' ?
First few weeks of next year before we start any series

Sorry Split Pin but I totally disagree with the idea of grading cars /gearing and forcing people to buy motors which are not suitable for racing anywhere else. Your system also introduces a scrutineering nightmare. IMO we want to set up our classes to suit our racers but also that they are using cars / motors / batteries / tyres etc they can use elsewhere and so that anyone coming from another club can comfortably find a place to race with the gear he has.

The reason for the changes being proposed is a result of approaches to me (Chargers Club Vice President - Onroad) from members of the club to introduce some changes not because I simply woke up one morning and though I'd like to change things.
At the end of teh day we will go with what we believe is what the majority of members want.

Split Pin You have said a couple of times new adults wouldn't really intimidate juniors but I am saying, and more importantly, the juniors are saying, they want a junior race - with no adults - I am prepared to listen to them if we have the numbers to support that. I will be supporting that strongly, irrespective of whether we make other changes or not.

Last edited by heavy; 09-24-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:02 PM

At the end of teh day we will go with what we believe is what the majority of members want
which will probable be
.1. Junior 540 - any car any tyre drivers to 14 years.

2. Rubber 540 - any 4wd tourer any rubber tyre any driver

3. Foam 540 - any 4wd tourer any foam tyre any driver

4. Rebuildable Stock any 4wd tourer any tyre any driver.

5. F1 on demand (minimum 4)

Last edited by tc3=speed; 09-25-2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

we have to look at the which classes died. 540 Novice and 540 Pro. The Pro class died because no one wanted to change the tyre rule, so they moved to different clubs. Now its to late to bring these people back. The Novice class died because it has become a "Professional" Novice class. were real novices and jr drivers were intimidate by these Pro drivers. When i first started the Novice(TAMIYA) class was FUN but then it slowly lost its Enjoyment level.

Junior 540 - any car any tyre drivers to 14 years
This class wouldn't work for a few simple reasons.
> Any Car- So a kid with a World Champ spec car running in this class will easily beat a kid with a TL and other low spec car
> The equipment level- What about a kid with parents that can spend the BIG$$$$$$$$$ on batteries etc.
>Kids- They are also unpredictable and the numbers will go up and down every week, what if there were only three under 14s do we run a class for them???

Rubber 540 - any 4wd tourer any rubber tyre any driver
This class will not last long because who would run on rubber tire when foam tyres will out grip almost all rubbers.

The Classes that should be run are

540 NOVICE- First timers and kids, no world champion spec equipment real beginer stuff eg TL-01 (i really like the TL's) 1400 stick packs etc. RESTRICTED GEARING(other clubs do it)
540 SUPER - A name change from the curent series except that people from other clubs can race in here (or people with million$$$ equipment)
STOCK-As normal except if you have raced for half season in 540 Super or if you race stock or mod at another club you can run in here.
F1-as normal

The above classes are suggestions so you all have a chance to decide on what should be run. Remeber the club is made up by the members so in the end the members have THEIR CHOICE

Last edited by supersonic; 09-25-2004 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

hmmm...
Novice and Pro really haven't died as such.
And just because someone has a super car, doesn't mean they can drive it. TL-01 has got a chance...if set up correctly
I like the TL-01 their simple....better than the TA03...but thats good too.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Novice and Pro really haven't died as such.
Well we have gone from two heats in Pro and Novice to only just filling each heat.

And just because someone has a super car, doesn't mean they can drive it. TL-01 has got a chance...if set up correctly
TL-01 hasnt got a chance against say a TRF-415 if two NOVICE drivers with the same skill level. The 415 is lighter, easier to drive and has a hell of alot better drive train and suspension geometry, and a wider choice of gearing.(hence restrecting gearing)

TL-01s are the best hack your way to the front car

I lke my TAMIYA's
Old 09-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by supersonic
Well we have gone from two heats in Pro and Novice to only just filling each heat.
So...mean's going home earlier

[
TL-01 hasnt got a chance against say a TRF-415 if two NOVICE drivers with the same skill level. The 415 is lighter, easier to drive and has a hell of alot better drive train and suspension geometry, and a wider choice of gearing.(hence restrecting gearing)

TL-01s are the best hack your way to the front car

I lke my TAMIYA's

Well. yeah...maybe...maybe not. You have to "believe in your car"
Besides the TL-01 is mad...and fast
Old 09-25-2004, 01:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Supersonic - whoever you are let me correct you on a couple of points.

We have never had a Tamiya class at Yeronga. The novice class has always been any car with novice drivers. Drivers who moved beyond "novice" were compulsorily moved out of the class at the end of every season - hence not allowing it to become anything other than novice.

We had more entries than we wanted right up until the day Hobby Station opened.

The people who went to Hobby Station have told me they didn't leave because of the classes we run, they left because it was different, the surface was better (our carpet is stuffed) and they didn't have to put the carpet down and pull it up every night - a big drawcard.

There are people around (I think enough for a class) who would prefer to run rubber than foam - generally the people who are prepared tp work on their suspension to get a car working on rubber rather than just throwing a set of foams at the problem, and noone is saying we won't have a foam tyre class.

Tell me which other clubs restrict cars to 1400 batteries with gearing restrictions.

Just for your info - the last time we had a meeting (where the club decides these types of issues) only one member from onroad turned up to have a say.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Heavy if you acknowledge that the carpet is stuffed ,why not have it replaced or do as I have once suggested to David, offer to carpet the whole hall with an appropiate type of carpet (can only make a suggestion as I haven't been to a meeting yet )

When is the next members meeting?
Old 09-26-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

also with those classes your saying any adult with a little experiance has to run a stock motor ???
No you start in GT3 and then when you gain exprience you move up a class. Drivers from other clubs or with good driving experince would go straight to GT2 these drivers wouid have enough experince to run stock (with no restrictions) rather than a dust buster motor with top line chassis(which makes 540 Pro just as expensive as stock chassis wise), that should get rid of the scutineering nightmare.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Split Pin
offer to carpet the whole hall with an appropiate type of carpet
Remember...school hall = students feet + desks + events = worn carpet than the one now?

What we need is a place to ourselves
Old 09-26-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Remember...school hall = students feet + desks + events = worn carpet than the one now?
That's why I said appropiate carpet. Some shops ,office buioldings, libaries etc have good grade industrial carpet and they see more traffic, chairs, tables etc than any school hall does.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Split Pin
That's why I said appropiate carpet. Some shops ,office buioldings, libaries etc have good grade industial carpet and they see more traffic, chairs, tables etc than any school hall does.
Even though...would they be suitable for racing scaled cars on?
Old 09-26-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Even though...would they be suitable for racing scaled cars on?
That's why I said appropiate carpet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.