Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad >

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 09-23-2004, 02:57 AM

oh, cool heayy
thanx
Old 09-23-2004, 03:07 AM

[QUOTE}originally posted by havago racing It's the same points method as the last series (Winter)

you get points for qualifying and you get points for the final
for qualifying:
tq = 15 points
2nd = 13 points
3rd = 12 points
4th = 11 points etc

for finals:
1st place = 15 points
2nd place = 13 points
3rd place = 12 points
4th Place = 11 points and so on.

so to answer your questions:
1) You don't get double points for the final
2) TQ and a 1st place win gets an extra point
3) Your worst two qualify rounds are dropped and only your best is used to rank you for the qualifying points.

(Non members are taken out of the equation when working out the points as the points go towards trophies for members only
)[/QUOTE]
so you drop two round and there only five so you end up with three round of points
Old 09-23-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No - that was how points are calculated each race night.

The Series points tally takes into consideration, dropping your worst race night of the series.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by tc3=speed
Why not have open tyres for all
Are you saying for all classes...like any rubber or any foam for novice, pro and masters?
Old 09-23-2004, 04:12 AM

quoteAre you saying for all classes...like any rubber or any foam for novice, pro and masters?
Yes, it all about get better at driving so form works go for it, other clubs down south that run on carpet run forms for everybody in all classes.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:13 AM

not forms-but foams
Old 09-23-2004, 04:23 AM
Tech Addict

um....

i think the whole idea of "control type tyre" was to see people on the same level. Like you can't restrict a car type (TC3 being shaft or Schumacher being Belt) but you can restrict the tyre...making the skill in the setup of the car...and the driver behind it..

i could be wrong but thats how i see it
Old 09-23-2004, 11:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by heavy
Personally don't think it's an ability thing but rather an age thing.

Believe Harrison would be happy to race if he was in a race with a bunch of kids - there are other kids who feel the same way as well - take away the intimidation factor of racing adults and let them have fun in their own group.

My take on this is that for 2005 - well at least for the start of the year we should try the following classes

1. Junior 540 - any car any tyre drivers to 14 years.

2. Rubber 540 - any 4wd tourer any rubber tyre any driver

3. Foam 540 - any 4wd tourer any foam tyre any driver

4. Rebuildable Stock any 4wd tourer any tyre any driver.

5. F1 on demand (minimum 4)

This way we will probably get teh kids to enjoy their racing which is the most important thing - they can still race up a class if they want and when they are ready - not when we think they are ready.

Anyone that races Logan or Hobby station and has foams can race without having to buy new tyres and anyone who races Wynnum and has rubbers can also race on their rubbers.

OK let the flaming begin.
By adopting this proposal we would have teh following

1. A place for Juniors to race and have fun together - probably not a championship class but we could add some incentives to reward improvements etc.
2. Anyone wanting to come and race rubbers would have a class to go in - Rubber 540 - quite clear quite simple no fancy confusing names.
3. Anyone wanting to come and race foams would have two choices Foam 540 or stock.

That's only 4 races and if we start getting more than 8 entries for a class we have 2 heats for that class and celebrate that we did something right.

If I'm wrong (there's a first for everything) we can always revert to the current situation.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Heavy you are right on the money, i can only see groth with this format and its a shame we are not running tonight. I think the foams are great and rubber serves its purpose nolw we cater for both.
see you at yeronga with happy smiles
cheers B2
Old 09-23-2004, 03:52 PM

I agree with you total heavy, then you dont have to be invited up you just choose your class, and the junior 540 like me somenight I'll just want to have fun
Old 09-24-2004, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

I guess one way is to try it out?

When is it possible to do a 'test run' ?
Old 09-24-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

By adopting this proposal we would have teh following

1. A place for Juniors to race and have fun together - probably not a championship class but we could add some incentives to reward improvements etc.
2. Anyone wanting to come and race rubbers would have a class to go in - Rubber 540 - quite clear quite simple no fancy confusing names.
3. Anyone wanting to come and race foams would have two choices Foam 540 or stock.

That's only 4 races and if we start getting more than 8 entries for a class we have 2 heats for that class and celebrate that we did something right.

If I'm wrong (there's a first for everything) we can always revert to the current situation.
If a system similar to TCS series were to be adopted with certain restrictions(to keep the racing at a pace for juniors and first time newbies) in each class you would force better driver through the ranks and therefore not have drivers hanging around just to be the best in a lower class(this could also remove some of the cost factor that keeps some drivers at the pointy end and reintroduces the fun factor). As better drivers come through each class they would show their talents in the next class. What we should be encouraging is the juniors as they are the future of our sport. That is why the sugestion of certain restrictions gives them a racing car they can handle and not a missile to run into the barriers. GT1, GT2 & GT3 aren't really fancy names they are easy classes to remember 1 being the highest ranking. What you have in each class should be up to the members and juniors to decide as they are the ones who are going to race and they make the club.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

GT1 - mod guys - foam?any
GT2 - Pro guys - foam?any
GT3 - novice - rubber? any
Junior GT 540 - 14 years and younger with rubber (any)

Is that what your saying?
something like that?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

GT3 maybe simple tub chassis TL01,TB01 & TT01 540 control rubbers restrict gearing. This would be fun for the kids and first time adults (who wouldn't really intimidate the kids)

GT2 Simple tub chassis, dual deck FRP eg TA04 pro TB02,Colt 10,base Missions,base TC3, base Xrays etc.. no top line chassis, Open rubbers or foams with 27 turn stock with restricted gearing to keep speed down and lower maintenance costs, no matched battery packs

GT1 open chassis open tyres foams or rubber 23 turn or 19 turn motors matched battery packs etc top line racing & drivers
Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

don't like the idea of restrict gearing...
for gt1...no control tyre...
i dont think people starting out want to go out and buy another set of tyres

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.