1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor >

1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor

Like Tree5Likes

1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor

Old 10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys,

the www.keorca.org.au website has been updated after a long leave of absence. The latest calendars, Keilor Cup entry forms, membership forms have all been added. Thanks Tony!

We have received some sponsorship from www.rc-mushroom.com and at the Keilor cup there will be 4 x $50USD vouchers up for grabs as part of the raffle. There will also be some cool raffle prizes from Eerly Model Kits and Hobbies. Ive only received a few entries so far - Ill update the list at the end of this week.

Dont forget club racing this weekend - last chance for race practice before the Keilor Cup!

Also, the 2008 AGM has been moved to the 14th December (our Xmas BBQ day). Please mark it in your diaries if you want to attend.

Ray

ps I have created a Keilor Club mailing list. If you wish to be added to the list, please send me a pm. I keep all email addresses private (I use bcc for all emails).
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rental Cars

We were recently approached by Himoto who have donated several 4wd EP RTR cars for us to use as rental cars. This will be a great thing for the club as people who come past the track can have a go and hopefully be hooked much quicker!

They are supplied with a 9.5T brushless system and battery etc, but if anyone has any of the following items spare and would like to donate them to the club it would be appreciated:
- battery chargers (nimh)
- nimh or nicd stick pack batteries
- power supply

Also, if anyone would like to volunteer to help maintain and run the cars at club days, it would be appreciated.

See
http://www.himotoracing.com/product/...03/details.php
for details of the buggies.

We should have them in a few weeks. Our current plan is to rent them for $2 per 5 minute session on club days. It also allows us to offer rental drives at shows, fairs etc to help promote the sport.

Hopefully we will have them at the Keilor Cup to show everyone.

Thanks very much to Himoto for supporting the club and the hobby!

Ray
Old 10-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

To all Keilor members /non members - there has been some interest shown recently in shifting our club days to Saturday afternoon, and/or shortening the day. There are a few reasons behind this:
- Many of our members with families would prefer that Sunday was left as a family day
- Some members feel that club race days are too long
- Sunshine 8th scale offroad gas racing is now on the same days as electric (2nd and 4th Sundays of each month)- while there aren't many people currently racing both, it would be better not to clash and encourage people to race both if they want to
- With summer coming, we can start a bit later in the afternoon and run into the evening (like the Knox Sunburnt races last year which were fantastic)
- Saturday mornings often clash with other sporting activities-which can limit new/existing members from racing (eg football, swimming) hence the preference for Saturday arvo

Note that these proposals are for KEILOR ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CLUB RACING ONLY (held on the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month) - this does not affect other clubs or ORRCA Vic rounds.

We are conducting a small survey to see if this is something that would make people race more/ less. if you would like to participate, send me a pm or email me at [email protected]

If you have any feedback to post on this forum, please keep it constructive!!!

Thanks

Ray
Old 10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

went down the track yesterday for a few quick runs - grip is coming up again in all the old sections of the track. I was doing stands down the straight!!

There will be a busy bee on the 1st of November to patch up a few of the sections which have been breaking up.

Ive attached a few pics of the latest track layout for those who havent seen it yet. We are running anti-clockwise, using the full length of the front straight.

Club day this Sunday!! Nominations close 930am.

PS I have a bunch of old rims, tyres and wings for sale. Going CHEAP. Will try to drop past the track this Sunday morning (have a family birthday at 1pm so cant stay all day) with the box. B4/BJ4 frt/rr rims $2 (some with 2nd hand tyres), new tyres $5 (limited numbers), wings $5, foam inserts free. PM me for details.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor-oct-08-keilor001.jpg   1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor-oct-08-keilor002.jpg   1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor-oct-08-keilor003.jpg  
Old 10-25-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

if anyone wants to sell a brushed motor from 27t to 19t tomorrow at the track let me know cheers.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

the Keilor website www.keorca.org.au has been updated with a few pics from the Vics and the Nats.

RaZzor, I cant help out with the motors sorry but I am sure someone there can.

Later

Ray
Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheers Ray.

Didn't ask who you were at the track lol forgot to.

Man what a day.. wasn't the best for me.

Truggy had issue with a missing screw in the steering & then steering arm got stripped in the pile up on the straight & couldn't get another one no at the track. Big thanks to Lookie for letting me try out a 27T stock motor. Was pretty good

The Tamiya 2WD Suxed... A the knox track I didn't have so much of an issue steering... but today the thing wouldn't turn for quids. Rear grip was hard as well. Not sure of the gents name, but someone said I should probly get rid of it for a B4 if I wanted to race. But this is a car I JUST built from a kit. I won't accept that its no good yet & will be trying to figure out what can be done with it to turn better & get the power down. Setup issues are probly more of the problem. Any ideas throw them I know better tires & foam is a start.

The track is ok... tho I have to say its not a very flowing track which I think it suffers from. Lots of tight turns in it, but seems like too much has been fitted in. but then thats a nit pick I think its a very cool track with the dip & what not, just not as flowing as the pics showed. Still awesome fun tho

Cheers for the day - was cool as a first timer.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

razzor,
more droop, lighter shock oils, lighter srings, shorter rear wheel base, lay shocks in on the tower,shocks in on arm,font wing and bigger rear wing, all these changes will help but it all starts with the right tyre and a mechanicaly sound car
good luck
Old 10-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kudos to the keilor club for putting on another great day. The new layout is much improved, just hope you guys can do a rain dance and get some decent rain to settle down the surface. Didnt break anything 2day which is noice! Looking forward to a good turnout for the keilor cup........now onto googling rain dance
Old 10-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnny-g View Post
razzor,
more droop, lighter shock oils, lighter srings, shorter rear wheel base, lay shocks in on the tower,shocks in on arm,font wing and bigger rear wing, all these changes will help but it all starts with the right tyre and a mechanicaly sound car
good luck
Hi Johnny, Ta for those tips, I played with the camber this afternoon at home as I noted how all the other buggys wheels at full lock had a near 45c angle /
So I changed mine to be like that & it now steers heaps better on loose dirt.

Wont fill up the thread on stuff as I am sure details on setups are found else where - but thanks anyway
Old 10-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Was good to get back out at Keilor today......hadn't run on the new "revised" reverse layout before today , and I've gotta say that it is AWESOME!!!!

I feel that there is a balance now between technical stuff and flowing stuff......and with enough elevation changes to make it more interesting.......and the reverse direction makes it feel like you are at a totally new track. Now all we need is water and the track will come up aces.

Had a good run in 540 spec today.....although the final was a dead loss.....or should I say "dead short" My speedy switch was actually shorting on the motor after the startline skirmishes so that was the reason my car went off-line as if turned off..........it will be fixed before the Keilor Cup (I hope )

See you all on the 9th November.....will be a great meeting

Cheers

Shane
Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

razzor, 1-2 degree's camber is common, when the tyres are layed over when steering that is castor, 25 - 30 degree's common, less castor angle is more off power steering comming into turns, more castor is less steering going into turns and a little bit more on throttle steering and more forgiving steering in bumpy sweeping turns ,
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

www.keorca.org.au
keilor cup may 23rd 2004 keilor drivers series rnd 3 image #28, THAT TRACK LOOKS SICK! undulatey and jumpy, mmmmm drool
Old 10-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah I vote for the 2004 track. Nice open flowing and some good air opportunities!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnny-g View Post
razzor, 1-2 degree's camber is common, when the tyres are layed over when steering that is castor, 25 - 30 degree's common, less castor angle is more off power steering comming into turns, more castor is less steering going into turns and a little bit more on throttle steering and more forgiving steering in bumpy sweeping turns ,
castor is the other way around, more castor, more initial, smoother through rest of turn.

Less, will give less initial and more through the turn, less stable tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.