Like Tree11Likes

1/10 electric Offroad racing at Keilor

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
what list?

the 'magical' esc list that only keorca seem to have, not even on the aarcmcc website. How are we suppose to abide by aarcmcc rules if they DONT have any esc rules.
The list is found on the news site of the Keilorrc.org.au website but here is the direct link:

http://www.keilorrc.org.au/forms/AAR...ESC%20List.pdf

This is a DRAFT list, which was circulated to the clubs for review. That is why it is not on aarcmcc's website as yet. It will be in due course.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The_Doctor
one last thing on these speedy rules as the new rule says" no timing"
to my understanding the old speedys say old novaks or the early Lrp"s have timing no boost or turbo just timing now going by the rules u r not to use any timing so as these speedys dont have blinking lights how r u going to police that!!!
(stop racing and cheak every car!!!!! after every race just because they r fast??)

as soon as people bring these things up all u seen do do is refere to a list
go to the list we all know whats in the list im asking how will u police it

none of u think these things through !!! (look at the list!!)
until we work out a way of doing it right why change ...
im up for the new rules but U BETTER MAKE SHORE U KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR as i can see a lot of fighting over this!!!!
Mick, lets face it. Even at our bigger meets, we only check the stock motors and rotors at the end of the finals. What's to stop a determined cheater using an incorrect rotor during the qualifiers to get the best position possible and swapping it out for the finals.

What's to stop a committed cheater from running a 13.5 turn motor in qualifiers for that matter. There are a lot of what ifs, but we rely on the good will and honesty of competitors in this class.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluechucky
Mick, lets face it. Even at our bigger meets, we only check the stock motors and rotors at the end of the finals. What's to stop a determined cheater using an incorrect rotor during the qualifiers to get the best position possible and swapping it out for the finals.

What's to stop a committed cheater from running a 13.5 turn motor in qualifiers for that matter. There are a lot of what ifs, but we rely on the good will and honesty of competitors in this class.
100% agree..........use the 2010 Shoot-Out as an example.....an honest error cost people money , plain and simple.

That's all we ask , a fair and even playing field with everyone playing to the spirit and the letter of the law WHATEVER IT IS.........if we race by the LBW rule then that's what we follow

Last edited by shanemac; 11-30-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davross
Ah yes, it seems that there is a small group of people that just don't get what the aim of the STOCK class is, that is even power and speed to test driving skill not computer skills.
If u want to run turbos, run in mod!
+1

Originally Posted by YoshiDad
You could always run Mod if you want to go faster. Stock is stock, in order to maintain a resemblance of what 'stock' means there needs to be governing rules. If you are burning out motors then you're geared to high, but the great thing about Stock is that everyone plays by the same rules.
+2
Old 11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
I'd like to think as members of keorca that WE as members have a say in regard to what class/rules we run by next year. And before anyone[shane] says "get on the committee", we shouldnt have to be on the committee to voice our opinion/concern. My concern for next year, regardless of what the committee voted on, is that most stock guys want it to remain as current rules, ie open speedy, 17.5 motor. Tell me who wants to run dinner plate pinions, slipperless spurs, blowing up motors?

why change a class if the majority want to it to remain the same? I'm talking about club races here, which personally is where I do most of my racing.

your right doc, your going to see alot of fighting over this next year, to the point where people will just leave!
Sorry to burst your bubble but even if Keilor had voted NO change (which was not an option) the National vote was quite clearly against you. As I suggested to Mick "Move on"
Old 11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr RC Centre
Sorry to burst your bubble but even if Keilor had voted NO change (which was not an option) the National vote was quite clearly against you. As I suggested to Mick "Move on"
Obviously "move on" wasn't an option either........
Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well the obvious answer is the Stock speed activated laser, go over a set speed limit and your buggy gets nuked
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Unhappy esc

wow all this talk and rules is doing my head in think ill go back to my lego's or mr potatoe head and katie the carrot
Old 11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Last edited by too twisted; 12-02-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

All I want is a little sunshine and some people at the track to race with...
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default comments.

Interesting how a lot of the comments here eminate from those who dont run stock (either on road or off road).
Old 11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragon26
Interesting how a lot of the comments here eminate from those who dont run stock (either on road or off road).
Your a mind reader john
Old 11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Your a mind reader john
and your a
Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

pot kettle mr grumpy
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragon26
What about those who are looking at running stock at the shootout and can't get an answer as to the legality of their ESC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.