Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
2007 VORTEC Electric State Titles >

2007 VORTEC Electric State Titles

2007 VORTEC Electric State Titles

Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheekydevil
I noticed the error after submitting so sorry for that one

One question then is what if it is a stinker of a day, on 19 turn there are going to be some cooked tyres, i guess i'll have to bring some bbq sauce to have with my well done tyres on the day

Shouldnt have a problem with takeoff 27s they with held the extreme temperatures at the SA titles in December. Track temp was above 65 degrees.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
Tony, that been the case, the wording needs to be changed ASAP as it states on the main entry form line 2 "540 Pro.........these tyres will be marked....."
You cant have it state one thing for one class and MEAN another for another class. The way it is NOW, i expect 4 tyres, rims and inserts as that is what it states for $42, as in your definition 540 Pro $42 buys tyres ONLY and in the other classes $42 buys the lot, i have to be right !!!!!!!!!!! or I will go stock
AUSSIE BOB, Narrabri Land Council attendee
So will we see you in Stock, Mr Narrabri Land Council Attendee? AKA aussie bob (battery operated bimbo!)
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default No

John, I will still go 540 as i will get the tyres, inserts and rims for $42
PS, have i seen you at the meetings, dont think so, just to let you know there is nothing like being an Aussie. Come and say hello to me one day, i am a nice bloke, just ask the blokes (and women) that are still doing time from my previous & current jobs. See, anybdy can make a go of it even if you are a Bimbo, i think you meant dildo but the spelling of my name is not right for you
AUSSIE BOB
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Last question

NT, can you tell me the answer to this simple question.
I read your Vic rules and it states 540 pro unrestricted body, please explain ???? Is that ANY body as in TC body or Lola, VDS, Can Am, etc as in NSW we only run TC bodies as Mazda, Dodge etc, i hope i have not read too much into it again
Thanks AUSSIE BOB
Old 03-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinking of running a Lola body if i could find a 190mm one
Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
NT, can you tell me the answer to this simple question.
I read your Vic rules and it states 540 pro unrestricted body, please explain ???? Is that ANY body as in TC body or Lola, VDS, Can Am, etc as in NSW we only run TC bodies as Mazda, Dodge etc, i hope i have not read too much into it again
Thanks AUSSIE BOB
Aussie, this is quoted from the Vortec website:
http://vortec.iwarp.com
540 Pro

Any brand of IFMAR legal ISTC chassis . 540 Silver can Johnson/Mabuchi standard replacement metal endbell motor only. Motors may not be modified or tampered with in any way. Unrestricted bodyshells. Unrestricted gearing. Rubber tyres only
So yes, anything goes. Jason Bargwanna (the V8 driver) ran a truck body in the 2004 Vics.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was part of the group that wrote those rules originally..and yes it says unrestricted and that's what it means. No limitations.
When they were written there was no such thing as a 190mm Lola/CanAm shell. Is there such a thing now? Cant say I've seen one.

The rules were framed to try and promote people using something different than the usual Protoblob rubbish and run something unusual..

Wouldnt mind running a truck again though! Here's Bargs' one...

Last edited by tony gray; 03-08-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

There ya go Bob, they beat me to it
Old 03-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony gray
I was part of the group that wrote those rules originally..and yes it says unrestricted and that's what it means. No limitations.
When they were written there was no such thing as a 190mm Lola/CanAm shell. Is there such a thing now? Cant say I've seen one.

The rules were framed to try and promote people using something different than the usual Protoblob rubbish and run something unusual..

Wouldnt mind running a truck again though! Here's Bargs' one...

Tony, Ben Graham ran a 190mm Lola shell on his Evo V at the RCRacer enduro last month, so they are around.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to hope that it doesnt start going in that direction... If it does then I think we'd have to change the rules quick smart.

The original intention was to allow people to run Sports and GT shells etc. Your Ferraris, Porsches and such. Which is what a lot of the basic kits came with back then (and still do)
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

I though Bens shell was a 200mm shell.

tp
Old 03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Oh dear

Oh dear, what have i done now, Tony, i do read into it tooooooo much i think, I will get back to work and stop reading rules, regulations and entry forms
BOB
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Memo to Bob - Please Shut Up.....

Old 03-08-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 540Pro

Ok another 540pro motor question

Can I buy 2 motors from the very start and alternate with the motors if I wish? And is there a limit to the number you can buy?
Am only thinking of motor performance here .

Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Each driver in 540 will receive a handout motor to use for the event, the motor must be used in all races, failure to use the correct motor will result in instant disqualification.

My interpretation of the rules is that you get 1 motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.