Wiki Posts
Search

FG Race trucks at Littlehampton

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
Wow, those things are huuuuge!! My sister lives, literally, within hearing distance of the track. Often stop by to see what's happening but yet to catch these monsters in action.
There's a meeting on this Sunday, if you're not to busy at MV.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Round 3

Round three got of to a damp start, with a light drizzle washing away the grip away for the first heat. But the drizzle didn't prevent most of the drivers turning up with a field of 9 truckers for the day.

As has been the case for every race meeting at LittleHampton this year the meeting was well attended by every class with a total of 54 DRIVERS entered

Truck qualifing

Paul, Came out as his usual speed and set a blistering qualifing time of 24 laps in 620.005 As a comparison this sort of time would give him a top 10 placing in last years 1/5th Scale CARS SA State title.

George Michael, Steven and Andrew all seem to be very even and within about 10 Seconds of each other during all the qualifing races albeit a lap down on Paul. However during the FINAL George DNF'ed and finished 8th place Anybody know why?

Newcomer Steven was fast and could have easily come 2nd but he had a few moments of "blood rush" and crashed too many times during the final. This was a shame because with a little more care in overtaking the 2nd place podium would have been his.

Bob's CAT seemed to be having all sorts of trouble and was simply "not handling well" ( Bad Kitty ) There is no point in risking your truck when its not handling well and accordingly Bob retired early in every race. While David and Chris continued to show improvement and put in a few fast laps. Luck was not with Adam who stripped out his front plastic uprights in nearly every race. It for this reason that the rules allow drivers to fit the more durable alloy uprights.

Michaels truck showed some great improvement and proved that the big Altegro trucks can handle just as well as the CAT's and MB's

Final places were

Paul FQT and 1st 37 in 917
Andrew 34 in 922
Steven 33 in 908
Micheal 33 in 915
David 30 in 922
Chris 29 in 916
Adam 25 in 826 DNF
George 16 in 436 DNF
Bob 6 in 415 DNF
Old 02-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default truck rules

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Hi all... been busy painting...3 the same...
See you all sunday.
I have been told that the rules are now official for the Truck class at RRCSA Little Hamton SA...
I hope this brings a few more into this class.
mike
Yep the rules and class are now official. Drivers can get a copy from the class delegate. ( Chris Payne ) or from Andrew.

Last edited by aspracing; 02-13-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Stock pipes

deleated...this was not called for...
mike

Last edited by mikecatts; 02-14-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Rules

Hi all...
Why is it that people who dont run the class want to make rule changes?
Are they upset because its brand orientated?
I wish they would keep out of things that they have NOTHING to do with it....Come on guys, this is meant to be a fun/cost affective class...leave us alone!!!!!!!
Sorry to Andrew (ASP Racing) about jumping the gun..AGAIN....hes an honest bloke trying to get this class up and running with NO headaches,,,so to all you wanna be racers....keep out of something that you have no part in...
my 2 cents worth anyway...

Oh..about george..he had a hit and brock his servo gears.....
AND
If i didnt miss a corner..and loose that lap,,,i would have been second...but, thats what we are after,,,close competative racing..and it does work...

mike
Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Well it racing on Sunday 25th, the trucks will be on the track from about 12:00 but get there eraly to pre-register if your racing.

I notice last meet that the harder the shock oil the better these big things handles. However I did try 100,000 but that was too much and my truck just bounced all over the place. seems to be that the best oil is diff oil in the range of 20,000 to 60,000 depending on driving style and body shape.

Smaller bodies, like the CAT/MAN use the lighter oil ( if you can call 30,000 light )

Seeya on Sunday
Old 03-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Default Racing Sunday

Hi all..whos Racing this sunday 11th....?
Hoping theres a BIG field this weekend..been a bit quite..
Im gonna try something new...wont tell until im satisfied..
see you all there
mike
Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up race results

Another huge event at Littlehampton with many of the "other" classes well attended as well as the trucks. THis club just seems to go from strength to strength.

It was a long week-end in Adelaide and the day started out with a fine mist.
maybe this was the reason of few of the normal truck drivers were missing but we still started the race event with 8 keen drivers.

George turned into a DNS has he had a conflict trying to race in two classes at once While the rest of us just settled down to the business at hand.

For those of you that don't know or forget, "the business at hand" is close fun racing!

For the first time Trucks were the First race and we came out to race in the fine mist. ( at least the brave or foolish did )

Only five guys braved the first heat and it was suprsing just how much grip you can get on a truck running slick rubber tyres .

Michael won the first round of qualifing with an outstanding 22 laps in 617. Thats only about 10% slower than on a high grip track. Well Done!

Round two went to Paul with a 25 lapper and a best lap time of 24.231SEC
Bob was the only other driver to break into the 24Sec laps today, but his average times reflected the lack of consistancy and he finished qualifing in mid-field.

Adam proved that you need to do basic maintenance to your truck and when the plastic bits are broken just replace them before it gets to late. You cannot patch or repair the plastic wishbones and expect them to hold up to the stresses of racing.

In the rest of qualifing,

Chris had overcome some of the handling problems of the past and put in a few respectable laps. with a best qualifier of 22 laps in 626. best lap of 26.79

Steve, Michael, Andrew all did very low 25's meaning the final should prove to be a very close race.

And close it was...

1st Paul 36 907.326
2 Andrew 35 921.447
3 Steven 34 902.87
4 Bob 34 918.59
5 Michael 33 917.56
6 Chris 30 925.97
7 Adam 14 695.01
8 George DNS

Next Truck race is the 25th March.

We will be sharing the race day with the Finals of the 1/5th Scale State titles so come along and see some great racing www.rrcsa.org.au
Old 03-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Sundays Racing

Hi all..
Another great days racing...
Truck was fine..until i got a tap ..my fault,, the truck was a bit taily off the back straight, but you know me..i wont back off...stepped out, got hit and the thing wouldnt turn left too good..managed to keep going..was a handfull to drive..
Done a fantastic end to end roll over.off the back straight,nearly cleared the fence, and yes it still was stepping out. More rear camber?
Hit the marshall,,(he should have been paying attention), looked great..no damage, these things are TOUGH..
The things i tried,,did make an improvement..but it put the handling issues else ware.....but its getting quicker and easyer to drive..
My ambition is to not back off leaving the back straight..nearly there..on two weels every time..must look good from the marshalls view...
Paul Blew his motor..the oil mix he is using..may be quick,,but at the cost of a motor..I dont think so...
gonna try some diffent brakes..George has some trick ones hess gonna lend me..maybee then ill be able to stop!.
Ive had break issues from day 1...
Looking forward to the Demo racing at the States 25th march...
Maybee new rears......thatll do it..
Andrew,,you got any S1 rears for me?
i wont a pair...
see you all there.
mike
Old 03-14-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Rookie

The truch racing sounds like a lot of fun is there somewhere you can get the rules from i'm thinking of coming back to r/c and am looking for a new class?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikecatts
Paul Blew his motor..the oil mix he is using..may be quick,,but at the cost of a motor..I dont think so...
wat sorta $$$$ is a new motor and are there diffrent types cheers kosta
Old 03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Rules/motor.

Hi all.
A copy of the rules are available from ASP Racing..pm him and he should post them for you.
We tend to run out-of the box..but a few little things are needed..

A NEW motor is only $400 to $450..im not sure...they go forever, as long as you use the right oils....
mike
Old 03-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Number of racers

Does any one any idea of how many racers with be running March 24 and 25 with tourer (sedan) 1/5 sacle style cars and how many trucks will be there? i don't think that F-1s are running during that time. I would appreciate knowing if someone has the answer to this question.

Also what are rules on radio frequencies permitted? what frequencies are allow for this race?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Race dates

Hi Carlton..
I see that you have entered the SA states..good going..
We are holding the 2007 SA IC 1/5 State titles on that weekend..With a 1/6 truck race as well...no F-1s
We tend to run the spectrum system...In aus we use the 40mhz..and the 29mhz.......
Have a look at the clubs site..It should show whats happening..

http://www.rrcsa.org.au/

18 entries for the sedans so far.(small entry list).the trucks, well we will know on the day...
See you there
mike
Old 03-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Default thank you

first of all thank you truck guys for letting me post a question on your FG truck site about racing in Little hampton. I was not sure where to go to ask my question about racing 1/5 in the Little hampton area. Again thank you.

Mike thank you for your quick response. Ys i have enter the sedan class but i am still checking to see if i can bring my car on the plane. Austrlaian air lines have a funny rule about gasoline burn engines and carbarators on their airlines. But i hope to be able to participate. thank you for the answers about frequences because i am having trouble with spetrum radio and also here in the states we have 29 and 75 hz. (no 40 or 49) so i just wanted to know if 75 was legal in your country.

I am building new car have not finlished it (not even painted)yet but the weather is terrible...snow snow and cold temperture and yesterday friday?saturday we had snow and a ice storm the car has not even hit the ground. I called looking for some tires but i didn't have any luck with the references which were given to me. I am looking for kronco 35/20 and 27 if you or any knows where i can purchase them i would appreciate it and i need a air box too (carbon graphic)

i have posted enough i guess i am sorry i can't wait to see the trucks run again.....wish i had one....take care all and thanks again Mike for your help.

Carlton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.