Old 01-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

3racing say that their velcro battery strap does not fit the cyclone
Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

2-Bad & mangoman .... thanks

I'll check out some options, will post any worth while results.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Guys, can anyone recommend a good thread lock product ?

I have seen many, however none recommended for 'plastics'
Old 01-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I don't use them on plastic.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mangoman
3racing say that their velcro battery strap does not fit the cyclone
i know i found out the hard way, brought it then had a look at the chassis and thought to myself how am i gonna get this to fit!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Gearing the Cyclone

I was setting up my cyclone the other night and I substituted the kit 64 pitch spur gear with a 48 pitch gear because these are the only pitch I have pinions for.

Running a Novak 3.5R, I found that I could only get it as high as 4.26 drive ratio before losing gear mesh.

Those of you running with 64 pitch, could you tell me if a 108T spur will fit and mesh properly with a 25T pinion? Can I still use and a 24T or a 23T pinion to go higher? Can a larger spur still fit?

What gearing do you use for this this setup?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ElectricConvert
I was setting up my cyclone the other night and I substituted the kit 64 pitch spur gear with a 48 pitch gear because these are the only pitch I have pinions for.

Running a Novak 3.5R, I found that I could only get it as high as 4.26 drive ratio before losing gear mesh.

Those of you running with 64 pitch, could you tell me if a 108T spur will fit and mesh properly with a 25T pinion? Can I still use and a 24T or a 23T pinion to go higher? Can a larger spur still fit?

What gearing do you use for this this setup?

Thanks.
Allan, your car looked aswesome dude. i wish i had one did you eventually get Andy Moore to drive it?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

I dont think he missed him by much as he went scampering through what was commented as the "wombat hole" in the side fence.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

The car had serious understeer with the front spool for a tight track like ours. I'll try it with a center one-way and see what it does.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

One of the guys at Ryde reckons that the centre one-way is a bit of a pain as it gets all gritty and then starts to lock up. You may also want to consider putting a one-way diff in the front instead if that happens to ya.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
One of the guys at Ryde reckons that the centre one-way is a bit of a pain as it gets all gritty and then starts to lock up. You may also want to consider putting a one-way diff in the front instead if that happens to ya.

the spool needs a different driving style Allan, you have to drive it a little more aggressive, and use the brakes a little more as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

Yeah the centre oneway is the worst thing you can do to your car. Over 2-3 months of use it starts to slip on take up of the throttle giving a lovely amount of rear wheel drive only in the middle of the corner. Who needs drift tires right?

Its a gradual thing but. You will slowly adjusted your setup to keep the rear in check, which is the most frustrating part as it is hard to pin point the problem.

So learn from my mistakes and stick with the one-way diff only.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Just picked up my Moore-speed this afternoon!! Decided to join the HB revolution. I'm just bummed that Hobbies were out of stock on Tuesday, so I didn't get Andy Moore to sign it
Old 01-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

I am getting back into racing again after about 3 half years out of racing stock and was going to race 540 por with my girlfriend as stock is a bit hard for a newbie to drive

I was thinking about getting two cyclone s's and was wondering what spare part i must buy are spares

also what hop ups are a must have i was thinking for my self a one way is a must to use to driving with them
Old 01-18-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

C Hubs are a must, the kit ones are made of some strange plastic which breaks easily.

Once you go with the normal carbon graphite ones they are ok.

Generally speaking after that just the usual odds and ends.
Front Knuckles
C Hubs
Rear Hub Carriers
Maybe Arms (but ive never broken any)

You may want to get spare centre pulleys (however if you are running a front and rear ball diff i think you should be ok in 540 pro/stock)
Same goes for spare diff cups. With motors above stock you would probably be better off going with alloy diff cups.

If you are looking to add a front one-way you will need to upgrade the centre pulley system to the full cyclone level. Which includes:
1 x HB70743 (Direct Layshaft)
1 x HB70711 (Spur Gear Hub)
2 x HB70725 (16T Direct Pulley)
A few Grub Screws

Also universals would be a good idea but note there are a few different version of universals available, which makes things a little confusing.

And bottom deck (top deck too if you can afford it, im using the 3racing decks on my cyclone S) would also be a good idea, as it lightens the car up quite considerably. If you go with Carbon Fibre decks though you cant use the battery bar and have to start using battery tape, which i hate having to do.

Personally if you can hold out i would suggest waiting a month and shelling out a few extra dollars to see if anyone is silly enuff ( :P ) to want to sell a second hand cyclone that you can snap up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.