R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Old 12-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Spencer Offroad Racing (formerly Whyalla Offroad Racing)

Well i figured i'd open a thread specific to Whyalla Racing. Rather than crap on about what goes on heres a Quote pulled from another thread:

Quote:
We have an average of about 20-25 blokes each race meeting. You don't need to be a member to run on race day (but for multiple races you will have to pay membership). We have a couple of hobby shops that look after us pretty well. Mainline Models is just off of our main street (forsyth. Just across the road from the spencer hotel) and Gulf Electronics and Models is on Lacey Street, (next to the new Whyalla Hotel).If you come on the weekend there are a couple of things you will need to know. Every car entered in a class costs only $5. We try and start at around 9:30, it's good to come early to get a good spot on the tables.You will need to borrow a transponder from us (we all have our own) this shouldn't be a problem. Our 10th and 8th scale classes run 5 minute races. We do different starts as well, we simply line up with 10 seconds to go, so you need to be careful your car doesn't fuel up on the start. We run 6 rounds (no finals). You are placed for the day by the amount of laps completed after 6 rounds. Your worst result isn't counted. We basically have no restrictions on cars (it proves interesting, especially with some blokes hammering around the track with OS VG 30's in there buggies) Despite this most of us run within normal regulations. The decent racer will clock 10 laps with the better racers getting 11.
I realise we wont get many (if any) members from Whyalla on here but in case people want info or if people decide they want to travel up to race, here's the spot to ask questions or chat about it. We already have some members from Southern Districts coming up for meets (thanks guys) so hopefully this will encourage more people to make the trip. I will get pictures of the track and more info when I can.
'If you have nothing useful or funny to say in a forum don't say it, it saves sifting through the c*@p'- Still people don't listen..lol

Last edited by AusAnt; 09-20-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: To include Pt Augusta guy's
AusAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi its goods to see some info about the track, i would like to drive over for a weekend early next year to do a club event, is there a calendar of race days available as it would be helpfull for myself as well as anyone else thinking of heading there.

Cheers
Scott
RX313BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:56 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec

hey mate,

when you finish the track work and that kinda stuff, i would be very keen to come down from adelaide to race with you guys

Andrew

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Will put up a program when the new one comes out.
'If you have nothing useful or funny to say in a forum don't say it, it saves sifting through the c*@p'- Still people don't listen..lol
Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusAnt
Will put up a program when the new one comes out.
Hey Ausant,
Will the Whyalla track be open on the last weekend of December? I am heading that way for a wedding and thought i might take the buggy up there.

Cheers
Steve

RC HOBBYZONE
JSPECSTICKERS
NITROmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:33 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Yes it should be open. I'm not sure if the track has been ripped up yet but you could be lucky.

Ant
Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Some time next year we are going to have a bitumen track right next to the off-road track. I'll post info as it gets underway.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

good stuff!

we gotta get this inter-club race thingy organised soon too
Old 12-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys run electric at all up there?
Bit_Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #10
Tech Regular

In the 10th scale class the electrics run with the nitros. It is interesting racing.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sheesh, i cant even convince ppl ep + gp tracks (seperate tracks) at one venue is a good idea..

if i suggested they use the same track i'd never hear the end of it from the whinger & nay' say'ers

Last edited by oblivion; 12-18-2006 at 04:00 PM.
oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM   #12
Tech Regular

yea, our 10th scale class has nitro 4wd Buggies, stadium truck 2wd, electric buggies, electric stadium trucks and have even had a couple of monster trucks in the mix. If it's 10th scale it can race. We simply don't get the numbers to run just nitro 2wd.

Oh by the way we have some gun monster truck racers in our club which will prove to be good competition. They are running LST2 trucks, which are dominating the REVO's. The only other thing at the moment is that truggies run with monster trucks. That may change depending on how many truggies we get next season.

Anthony
Old 01-02-2007, 02:32 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Just keepin the tread alive. Theres a good chance of a couple of inter-club meets with Southern districts this year, one here one there. Looking forwards to it. It should help strengthen the titles as well because weve got some very competative racers that will get into it once they have seen and raced at MV. A bit of traveling but it will be worth it. Let us know what you think.

Anthony
Old 01-02-2007, 04:16 AM   #14
Tech Regular

My wife wants to go up to Port Augusta on her holidays to visit her sister so if it works out to be on a race weekend i will pack the MT in the boot and come down for the day.
MY_LST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:20 AM   #15
Tech Regular

I have been up at Whyalla all week, but unfortunately never got a chance to go and take a look at the track. Im heading back on the weekend, so will hopefully get a chance to have a look then. if i pull my finger out might even get the buggy repaired and bring that with me LOL
Nige69 is offline   Reply With Quote