Like Tree29Likes

St Ives RC Club

Old 12-16-2019, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Was at the track today. It is a sad sight with no drivers stand and the heavy leaf covering.
Will try to get out there over coming weeks and tidy some things up.
Plans are still afoot to get a stand up in early 2020.
Presently design ideas and options are being presented to council.
Are just awaiting some answers re what we can do.
Then have to get the work done.
More info will be shared when we have clearer plan and timeframe.
Meanwhile I hope all the St Ives members and followers have a great Xmas and New year.
Hope there are plenty of RC toys coming your way for running at St Ives in 2020.
Cheers, Thommo
Old 12-16-2019, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vikingen View Post
woke up this morning and almost choked... no, not from the smoke. from Model Flight's $800 pricetag on the new TLR 4wd
Yeah it is pricey, but still a fair bit cheaper than two tyres on my 1:1 race car. Lol
vikingen likes this.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi
Any progress to report on the drivers stand ?
What's good about having all the nice (carpet trained) toys if there is nowhere to play with them?

RGDS Joe
Old 01-29-2020, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I raced an early style rc10 in the 80s as a kid and now I’ve caught the RC car bug again and would like to race at St Ives.
I have visited a few times and it’s a sad site to see with no stand.
Is a shipping container too big for the StIves track? What has the council deemed as the requirements for the new stand structure?

Old 01-29-2020, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astropolak View Post
Hi
Any progress to report on the drivers stand ?
What's good about having all the nice (carpet trained) toys if there is nowhere to play with them?

RGDS Joe
Hi Joe,
Yes very frustrating. Progress is continuing. Will give update shortly. Pity as while our stand was tired I have seen worse.
Hopefully will get things happening in Feb as council been on hols.

muvro likes this.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,
Will be posting update shortly. But yes, shipping container was discussed but ruled out as not suitable to the venue by council.
Am working on design similar to old stand but obviously all new.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Hi all,

Sorry for such limited info in recent times. People been away or occupied with holiday season so I have been trying to gather the details as I can.
Situation is that council has requested that any new stand be similar to the old.
Options re pallet racking or shipping container were not acceptable.
New stand also had to be built by licensed builder for council to accept submissions.
We are very fortunate to have such a person in the club and meetings have occurred and ideas developed.
We have also decided to engage someone to do the technical dealings with council to hopefully expedite the process. Again we are lucky to have such a person associated with the club (relative of member).
So hopefully some designs can be formally drawn up and submitted to council in week or 2.

Still some way off getting the stand up but there is movement forward although at times it has been a bit of an uphill task.

Other news.
We won't be holding the AGM in January so I am attaching the 2020 membership form (2019 members should also get it emailed to them).
We have decided to increase membership for 2020 to $15 due to expected costs of stand and other expenses to come. Hopefully it is seen as only a small amount ($5 up from 2019) and people will understand the need.
An additional family member will be $10 for first and $5 for others.

Will continue to provide info as it comes to hand.
Will look at possible track changes in coming weeks to get us ready for racing when we have clear start date.

Thanks for all those people who have been enquiring and continue to support the club. Hopefully a functioning facility is not too far off.
Thommo
Attached Files
muvro likes this.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Barn find - Kyosho Inferno 7.5

Hi all
New to everything (forum and RC). Yes another ambitious noob...
My first RC car was a super hornet back in the 90ís. My brother bought it for me with his first pay cheque (although I couldnít figure out why he would always take first turn and hog the controller).
I always envied kids with Nitro RC cars but put simply we couldnít afford it. Iíve always had an interest in RC - bought my nephew a brushless RC car for his 13th birthday. I was drooling at the site of some of those cars in the shop and with two boys I knew this was something I wanted to share with them growing up.
Then I came across a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 last week (mere coincidence and possibly a sign!) - so I bought it VERY CHEAP (almost free).
I was wondering if someone with some experience could spare some time to have a quick look over the car for me? Itís missing some parts but motor/carbie look complete. I would like to get an idea on whether it would be worthwhile putting the time and money into it.
Old 02-02-2020, 01:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billthedrill View Post
Hi all
My first RC car was a super hornet back in the 90ís. My brother bought it for me with his first pay cheque (although I couldnít figure out why he would always take first turn and hog the controller).
I always envied kids with Nitro RC cars but put simply we couldnít afford it. Iíve always had an interest in RC - bought my nephew a brushless RC car for his 13th birthday. I was drooling at the site of some of those cars in the shop and with two boys I knew this was something I wanted to share with them growing up.
Then I came across a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 last week (mere coincidence and possibly a sign!) - so I bought it VERY CHEAP (almost free).
I was wondering if someone with some experience could spare some time to have a quick look over the car for me? Itís missing some parts but motor/carbie look complete. I would like to get an idea on whether it would be worthwhile putting the time and money into it.
If you are on the Northern Beaches, try Northern Beaches Hobby Center to get your Inferno going.

What you should get is a few Electric buggies, trophy trucks or stadium trucks for you and your kids and bring them along to a club meet and have some fun around the track at St Ives Showground. Canít run nitro cars on the St Ives track, but 1/10 electric is fine.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billthedrill View Post
Hi all
Hi,
As Muvro suggested you are probably best to take the buggy to a shop which sells nitro vehicles unless you can find someone who is into the nitro stuff and knows the Kyosho items.
There are very few places to run nitro around sydney. We might have a few people in the club who do have nitro stuff but as we can only run electric that is the stuff most can help with.
Electric is pretty easy to deal with.Presently we are unable to hold race meetings at St Ives till we get a driver's stand rebuilt so can't even easily canvas the members.
If you haven't had any joy by the time we get back up and racing, then pop in one race day with the buggy and you might find someone who can help. But presently a retail shop might be your best bet.
Cheers Thommo
Old 03-11-2020, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi
Any updates on the drivers stand saga..., are we making any progress ?

RGDS Joe
Old 03-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Drivers stand

Originally Posted by astropolak View Post
Hi
Any updates on the drivers stand saga..., are we making any progress ?

RGDS Joe
Hi Joe,
Most of my updates have been posted on the clubs Facebook page.
I need to ensure I post here as well.

Most recent:
Club news update: Council has given ok for our proposal of new drivers stand, very similar/ same as old. We are submitting some final paperwork to get clearance to commence work. Not there yet but progress is still happening. Thanks to Michael T for his persistence with chasing council for decisions at each and very stage. And thanks to everyone else who has contributed to the efforts to get a high quality submission to council and continuing along. It will take a few weeks I suspect to get the stand completed when we get the full OK. Committee is considering a working bee to do some prelim work and to sort new track layout etc. Keep an eye out for further updates, hopefully soon. Thommo

So in addition: We are just trying to get all the council required paperwork re Safe Work/ OH&S/ Insurance stuff, done so Glenn the planned builder, can get under way.
We might need a working bee come early April to sort out digging/ drilling footings for the new stand. We will also look at track layout changes. Unfortunately the big tree inside the track area that stops us using the full space hasn't fallen even with all the recent storms, so we will be still having a track pretty similar to present one.
Work with council has been slow going re steps of progress. But hopefully we will be running some time in April.
​​​​​​​Cheers Thommo
Old 03-14-2020, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thommo View Post
Hi Joe,
Most of my updates have been posted on the clubs Facebook page.
I need to ensure I post here as well.

Most recent:
Club news update: Council has given ok for our proposal of new drivers stand, very similar/ same as old. We are submitting some final paperwork to get clearance to commence work. Not there yet but progress is still happening. Thanks to Michael T for his persistence with chasing council for decisions at each and very stage. And thanks to everyone else who has contributed to the efforts to get a high quality submission to council and continuing along. It will take a few weeks I suspect to get the stand completed when we get the full OK. Committee is considering a working bee to do some prelim work and to sort new track layout etc. Keep an eye out for further updates, hopefully soon. Thommo

So in addition: We are just trying to get all the council required paperwork re Safe Work/ OH&S/ Insurance stuff, done so Glenn the planned builder, can get under way.
We might need a working bee come early April to sort out digging/ drilling footings for the new stand. We will also look at track layout changes. Unfortunately the big tree inside the track area that stops us using the full space hasn't fallen even with all the recent storms, so we will be still having a track pretty similar to present one.
Work with council has been slow going re steps of progress. But hopefully we will be running some time in April.
Cheers Thommo
we could always go behind the tree like we used to do bitd.

Great news on the progress.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Track update. Today work started on build of new drivers stand. Thanks to Glenn Mead and Michael L and all the truck racing guys for their hard work getting this under way. As I get updates on build situation I will inform members if/ when we will need people to help out.
Plan is for stand similar in style to old. That is because that is all the council would approve. But at least we can get back racing.
Timeframe for complete stand build is to be determined.
Will look at some track changes in time but goal is to focus on stand and get it functional as the priority. Cheers, Thommo
Rutters likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Work on drivers stand will continue this weekend. Will also look at tidying track up and if we get enough people can consider some changes. Plan is to get together from about 8am on Sunday 14th. Helpful if people can bring some gloves, shovels etc. Forecast is presently looking poor (80% chance showers) but will update closer to Sunday. Thommo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.