Like Tree17Likes

St Ives RC Club

Old 11-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the link to the new thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135201

so how big are these Super's are they like 1/8 and 1/5 scales?

that would be well worth a spectate... (might have to bring nana down for the day)

Last edited by PeteB; 11-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PeteB
Here is the link to the new thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135201

so how big are these Super's are they like 1/8 and 1/5 scales?

that would be well worth a spectate... (might have to bring nana down for the day)
They are technically 1/9th scale, although Kyosho and Tamiya call them 1/8th.

They are 220mm wide and 280mm or 300mm wheelbase depending on setup.

True 1/8ths are pan cars and Proceeds etc, these are just elongated 1/10ths using many interchangeable parts. They look great and are fantastic to drive. I have only raced mine for 1 race in over 3 years, at Narrabeen, and in the race with no setup or tuning it was on the same pace as Tony's RRR before snapping a driveshaft....

I'd love to carve a niche with this class, I even got a class of them at the ACT state titles about 5 years ago and we had 8 entries! It was awesome, 30 min final with such enjoyable cars!!!

Steve
Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mate if you know of anyone selling an Electric version of the super nitro I'd be interested in buying it. They used to make them. But I haven't ever seen one for sale second hand...

If i could get an electric one I'd consider joining in if it was allowed... I'm not setup for gas and don't want to be set either... Too messy for me.. hahaha

It'd be great to see a wholoe field of supers. Being just that smidge bigger they really look the part.

Would you allow Proceeds in your class?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muvro
Mate if you know of anyone selling an Electric version of the super nitro I'd be interested in buying it. They used to make them. But I haven't ever seen one for sale second hand...

If i could get an electric one I'd consider joining in if it was allowed... I'm not setup for gas and don't want to be set either... Too messy for me.. hahaha

It'd be great to see a wholoe field of supers. Being just that smidge bigger they really look the part.

Would you allow Proceeds in your class?
Hey Murvo,

As you can isee, our track is not big enough to allow genuine 1/8th so no Peceeds I'm afraid.

The Electric Super was an interesting concept, on which wouldn't have caught on too well but I bet, in Mod for, would make a ripper car, and would be very welcome at the club...

Steve
Old 11-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muvro
if you know of anyone selling an Electric version of the super I'd be interested in buying it.
I was at Wings n things Gladesville recently and they have what looks to be a 1/5th scale offroad buggy... uses 2x 8 cell packs and has what looks like a brushless motor the size of a beer can...

I should have asked how much it was, but no prizes for guessing it would be heaps...

Pete
Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I'll keep hunting for one...

Alot of the parts are interchangable between my MT and Pro 2. Having the Super wouldn't require too many different spares.

If you come accross an electric super grab thier number. I'll buy it.

The alternative is convert a Nitro super to brushless....

I haven't seen a Proceed in person so I don't knwo how big they are... But yeah the track is perfect for 1/10, so I could imagine the speed would be a bit limited with the 1/8...
Old 11-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gambelli
Hey Murvo,

As you can isee, our track is not big enough to allow genuine 1/8th so no Peceeds I'm afraid.

The Electric Super was an interesting concept, on which wouldn't have caught on too well but I bet, in Mod for, would make a ripper car, and would be very welcome at the club...

Steve
What was I smoking when I wrote this.....!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

I've just ordered my new toy so the Nitro boys better watch out, the pecking order might just change a little!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

What was I smoking when I wrote this.....!!!!!!
I don't know, but it certainly made for some interesting reading.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Guys & Gals,
I've now gotten myself an onroad car as well as the buggy, what I need is some help with tyres n stuff, the last time I ran elec on road was at magic kingdom with a pan car. SO, for the track should i go for foamies or slick's? what shore, blah, blah, blah. I've gotten myself a Tamiya TRF415 MSX and any help would be greatfull before I go buying tyres and stuff.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Talking testing

I've just ordered my new toy so the Nitro boys better watch out, the pecking order might just change a little!!!!
so have i , things may get intersting
Old 11-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default tyre selection.

Originally Posted by DTM.inc
Hi Guys & Gals,
I've now gotten myself an onroad car as well as the buggy, what I need is some help with tyres n stuff, the last time I ran elec on road was at magic kingdom with a pan car. SO, for the track should i go for foamies or slick's? what shore, blah, blah, blah. I've gotten myself a Tamiya TRF415 MSX and any help would be greatfull before I go buying tyres and stuff.
most of the elctric on road drivers are running rubbers, my wife and run nitro, and we all run foams, 40 fronts, 37 rears, on a hot day, run 42 fronts, and 40 rears, either way tyre wear is very low on our track, track surface offers fantastic grip and is very tyre freindly.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,

I have opened another thread trying to raise interest in a Super class at Onroad.

There will be a few of us there on the 12th to enter Supers, enough for a class but we are hoping to get one or two more, so if you know anyone with a Super, or who can lend you one, bring it up.

Cheers

Steve
unfortunatly the garage is full at the moment, but i will through in the RR to mix it with you if you like.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cool, so any idea of what type of rubbers (are there different grades?)
Also, with using rubbers, do I have to have tyre warmers so the first few laps arent abominable?
Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default on road racing.

just a quick note, for our last round of on road racing for the year on sunday 10th december., there will be a concourse prize up for grabs for the best looking car in race trim, BODY SHELL AND CHASSIS( that is how clean your chassis is) there is a body shell donated by SRT DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD, on offer.
Also on that day i would like to run qualifiying followed by an enduro event for electric followed by nitro, any suggestions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service